• Advertisement

Family Guy movie, 2nd Simpsons movie and Bob's Burgers movie all in the works

Princess Peach

2nd Simpsons movie and Bob's Burgers movie........ don't know how to feel about the former (Simpsons crew, you've got another shot at making Hank Scorpio the antagonist!) considering the quality of recent episodes, but I'll probably end up seeing it anyway. A Bob's Burgers movie could be fantastic, definitely seeing that.

Incredible, never thought I'd ever see the day we'd get a Family Guy movie. Already knew about the Bob's Burgers movie, and I am pretty surprised to see a Simpson's movie, but a freaking Family Guy movie? I don't even know how that'd work? Would cutscenes be implemented into the film, or would it be just an entire joke, and be nothing but cutscenes? Anyway, I am excited for this, mostly because they gotta put some actual effort into this film. If Seth actually is involved in the writing, this has some remote potential to it, if you ask me. A bigger budget would call for better animation, the longer story time would require writing with actual more effort. I mean, we already have a Family Guy movie.

Of the three concepts, I'm most interested in the Family Guy movie. Seems like it could be a huge opportunity for the show, as well as a particularly interesting watch for the audience. I wonder how they'll work their humor around a different medium.

1 hour ago, LocalAquatic said:

Of the three concepts, I'm most interested in the Family Guy movie. Seems like it could be a huge opportunity for the show, as well as a particularly interesting watch for the audience. I wonder how they'll work their humor around a different medium.

There's only ONE way the concept will EVER work! :rolleyes: If Mila Kunis (Meg's voice actor), gets to physically beat up ALL the writers who EVER made her (and Brian's character) into Butt-Monkeys ALL THE FREAKING TIME, than, THAN I will be convinced that the movie is worth watching! o.o Enough said! :cool:

• God Himself 1

48 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

There's only ONE way the concept will EVER work! :rolleyes: If Mila Kunis (Meg's voice actor), gets to physically beat up ALL the writers who EVER made her (and Brian's character) into Butt-Monkeys ALL THE FREAKING TIME, than, THAN I will be convinced that the movie is worth watching! o.o Enough said! :cool:

Brian was a butt monkey? I thought he was liberal douche.

52 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

Not in some of the LATER seasons! Brian often gets hit with stuff just as bad, if not WORSE than what Meg gets hit with!

Brian deserves it after how many times he treated people like shit.

• Happy 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, CyanideFishbone said:

But still the same amount of sex on TV. But, where are all those good old fashioned values on which we used to rely?

lucky there’s a family guy lucky there’s a man who positively can do all the things are make us laugh and cry he’s our fam ily guy 

Edited by Coffee_lover

Yeah I’ll be blunt, out of those three, the Family Guy Movie intrigues me the most.  We already know how surprisingly decent of a director Seth MacFarlane can be with the first Ted movie.  Despite his last two full length films sucking, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he is as dedicated to making a full length feature film of his most well known property.  Or at least I hope he would.

We’ve already had a Simpsons Movie, so will this be titled The Simpsons Sequel?  I was pleasantly surprised at how great the first one is.  My only hope is that equal amounts of passion will be given to the sequel instead of the shell of itself, this series has become.

As for Bob’s Burgers, does it even have that devoted of a following to even warrant a movie?  This series is one of the key examples of being hit or miss for me because when it hits, it’s pretty good but when it misses, yeah.  I can’t even begin to imagine what they would even do for a movie.  I just don’t think there is that big of a demand for a full length film for this and I can easily see it being the least profitable of the three...just like in television ratings.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Clappy said:

As for Bob’s Burgers, does it even have that devoted of a following to even warrant a movie?  This series is one of the key examples of being hit or miss for me because when it hits, it’s pretty good but when it misses, yeah.  I can’t even begin to imagine what they would even do for a movie.  I just don’t think there is that big of a demand for a full length film for this and I can easily see it being the least profitable of the three...just like in television ratings.

Peter Griffin, referring to Bob: "We have to carry him because he can't FLY on his own! We tried letting Cleveland fly solo once, and that didn't work out so well!"