• Advertisement

SBC Fantasy Football League

JCM

Clappy tried to make this happen a couple of times before but never got it off the ground. I think this would be an interesting replacement for the bracket challenge, so I'm officially recruiting members for a fantasy football league. If you don't know a thing about fantasy football, that's alright! I didn't know about fantasy football when I played in my first league last year, didn't show up for the draft, and ended up winning it all! I'll help anyone who wants to participate learn the basic rules, and there will be incentives, of course.

• Whoever reaches the fantasy playoffs will win 5,000 doubloons
  • Whoever reaches the championship game will win 10,000 doubloons
  • Whoever wins it all will win 20,000 doubloons

And I'll give you 1,000 doubloons just for signing up! I'd like 10 people for this league, but I can do a little less if there's not a ton of interest. I'll likely be doing the draft the last week of August, so you have some time, but obviously, I'd like to get this league together as soon as possible.

Yeah I tried to get this idea off the ground countless times but we’ve never had that dedicated of a sports following around here in previous attempts.

Count me in for sure.  Would love to play against you guys...

...and win. :smirk: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E.V.I.L. said:

I've never done this but time to drop out of college and do this?  :funny:

(fr though, how much of a time investment is fantasy football?)

The biggest time investment will be the draft itself, which will likely be August 31 or September 1, depending on which day we have the most people. After that, it's only 15-20 minutes a week (at least how I play it) to check scores and make any necessary roster changes. There are people who spend hours a week on this stuff, but I don't personally think that's necessary.

5 hours ago, JCM said:

The biggest time investment will be the draft itself, which will likely be August 31 or September 1, depending on which day we have the most people. After that, it's only 15-20 minutes a week (at least how I play it) to check scores and make any necessary roster changes. There are people who spend hours a week on this stuff, but I don't personally think that's necessary.

Alright sign me up!

Edited by E.V.I.L.

Congratulations to @Clappy, @Shuichi, and @10/10 IGN for reaching the first-ever SBC Fantasy Football playoffs, and a big congratulations to my Powdered Toasts for winning it all! I swear it wasn't rigged. The doubloons have been distributed, and I hope to see you all again (and hopefully a couple of more players) next time!