• Advertisement

234b. ChefBob

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Puppets: Hi everybody! Who's hungry!?
    • 4/5 Puppets: Nonsense, you're a born performer!
    • 3/5 Puppets: Mr. Krabs, I don't know if I can take that kind of pressure...
    • 2/5 Puppets: I can't! I've got stage fright!
    • 1/5 Puppets: You people are proof that evolution can go in reverse!

W7qLNGH.png

Premieres: 

Thursday, August 9th @ 6:00pm ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, August 11th @ 9:15am ET/PT

Saturday, August 11th @ 12:15pm ET/PT

Plot:

When Mr. Krabs puts in an open kitchen, SpongeBob gets stage fright and has to invent a new persona.

Clips:

N/A

This episode has already been leaked online thanks to Russia. If you've seen the episode already, you can post your thoughts here.

Edited by jjsthekid

Just need to say that something about Bubble Bass’ model in this episode is so off and strange at the same time.

AFCB5202-A86E-4A68-8554-1934451AE84B.jpeg.60d4fd1246e5ddaec9556e75091ba4bb.jpeg

Really,these bis black eyebrows made him looks so odd for unspeakable reason.

Anyway,episode itself is pretty great,I like how most of episode trying to make a lot of dialogue humor,with is isn’t so common for season’s standards,and story itself,while,take elements from previous episodes(Squirrel Jokes,Squid Wood,Play’s the Thing)it’s still felt really entertaining and fresh.My only two complains is that beginning is kind of slow and a very end is questionable(But funny).Still,I have a lot of fun with this one.

This was defitenly one of the best season 11 episodes. This was finally an episode of season 11 that had a lot of dialogue humor (Squid Noir is the only other one I can think of) and it really makes the episode funny. ChefBob character and the insults it makes are godly. This is basically Squid Wood done right

10/10

• Like 1

This episode was really great. I can relate to SpongeBob when it comes to doing your job in front of other people. The little joke of "My leg!" was funny this time with Krabs shouting, "Shut up, Fred!" ChefBob's insults were funny, and the fight between him and SpongeBob was epic. I was surprised to see ChefBob become real at the end, but it was funny to see the reactions of SpongeBob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs.

• Like 1

This is one of those WEIRD concept episode ideas that could have either REALLY flopped badly, or been done SURPRISINGLY well! Thankfully, this episode veers more to being done surprisingly well. The beginning could have been tightened up a bit, but otherwise, I have no issues with the pacing problems of this episode. I agree, this episode does kind of feel like a combination of "Squirrel Jokes", and "Squid Wood" done BETTER! :D So, apparently Bubble Bass LIKES watching Spongebob's cooking now? Maybe living with his Grandmother is rubbing off on him in a good way. Also, LOVED the nice call-back to Fred "My Leg!" :hysterical: Also, if you LOOK at Spongebob's mouth (before the REVEAL at the end), you can TELL that Chefbob is acting independently of Spongebob, because even though Chefbob is talking, Spongebob's MOUTH ISN'T moving! o.o Also, random how Squidward randomly disappeared after Chefbob insulted him, than randomly REAPPEARED after Spongebob called Squidward one of his best friends, and Squidward replied: "That's SOMEHOW even MORE insulting!" :rolleyes: It's kind of weird how Mr. Krabs and Squidward resorting to using puppets themselves, in order to fire Chefbob and kick Chefbob out of their restaurant, but I guess that it KIND of makes sense in context! And honestly? Chefbob proving to be real and independent of Spongebob, is HARDLY the weirdest thing that has ever happened on this show, but I'm glad that it managed to weird out Spongebob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs all the same! I guess I'd give it 9.9 out of 10! :cool: (Bubble Bass didn't HAVE to sit on Squidward, and the early pacing issues I mentioned knocked this episode down a point). Enough said! ;)

• Wow 1
  • God Himself 3

Fantastic episode, giving us an intriguing insight into SpongeBob's psyche. It posed an interesting scenario of what happens when SpongeBob no longer has the safe comfort of his kitchen to cook food on his own. ChefBob was a fun character, providing lots of hilarious moments. It was nice having an episode use dialogue humor again for its comedy, and it worked exceptionally well. The episode felt like a strange mix between The Play's the Thing and Squid Wood, but much, much, much better. Honestly, this is currently my favorite S11 episode, which is surprising as I had no expectations for this one at all. 

Grade: A

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1
  • Happy 2

This is easily my new favorite episode of season 11 and it's written none other than Kaz! Not too long ago, he made one of the worst episodes ever but he later comes back with an episode that is actually the opposite. It's surprisingly calm, well throughout, perfectly paced and really funny. The concept here isn't really original but the execution itself was really strong. I loved seeing more depth into SpongeBob's flawed personality and him using the puppet too much to a fact that he started to insult people was really well done and I loved how the puppet itself ChefBob became an actual alive thing and he started his own business elsewhere. I loved jokes with costumes sitting on Squidward to watch SpongeBob cooking, SpongeBob making horrid patties because of his stress and fear, ChefBob's insults especially towards Squidward, "SHUT UP FRED", puppet versions of Mr. Krabs and Squidward and the whole end. This is what I needed after episodes with unnecessary silly faces and forced random gags. A nice paced ep (nothing is dragged or rushed) with good humor, great characterizations and tamed wackiness to remind us when the show is fun, it is really fun. I loved all of this episode that I might go high for this.

Grade: A+

• Like 2

Here's another episode that I enjoy. This episode had everything stacked against it: as was noted above, the writer and the rough storyboard artist are the same ones who worked on a very infamous episode, and yet this episode managed to go above and beyond with its humour and everything worked perfectly. While the episode was a bit slow to start, it definitely picked up around the second quarter of the episode. Spongebob's persona, ChefBob, becoming an insult comic was just great, and while the puppet seemingly growing a mind of its own was sort of strange, it wasn't too out there to be unenjoyable. There was a lot to like here, from the animation (I don't know, maybe I just like really exaggerated animation ?) to the dialogue (the dialogue humour used here was some of the best in a long time). Even though the ending was rather strange (although it doesn't detract from my opinion on the episode), there are few negative aspects in this great episode.

FINAL RATING: 8/10 (GOOD episode)

As is the problem when Spongebob has over 400 segments, everything feels too familiar. They merged two past tropes into a decent episode, which probably benefits from being in a week of very boring episodes.

Poor Squidward being plagiarized :( and being harassed by that ageist jerk. ChefBob being able to boss even Krabs around proved he was an effective villain.

Loved the Krabs and Squidward puppets doing the takedown. More than the "ChefBob survived" part. I'd ultimately call it second best of the four. 

• Like 1

This is the only episode I watched of the four, and I just didn't like it. It feels like a mixture of As Seen on TV and Squirrel Jokes, but not as funny as either one of them. The puppet concept was interesting, but that "fight" SpongeBob had with it just felt out-of-character, and it went on way longer than it needed to. That "comeback" by ChefBob at the end was stupid, and the live action added nothing to it. If this was the best episode of Season 11, I'm glad not to have seen the rest of the season (outside of the one episode that shant be named).

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, JCM said:

This is the only episode I watched of the four, and I just didn't like it. It feels like a mixture of As Seen on TV and Squirrel Jokes, but not as funny as either one of them. The puppet concept was interesting, but that "fight" SpongeBob had with it just felt out-of-character, and it went on way longer than it needed to. That "comeback" by ChefBob at the end was stupid, and the live action added nothing to it. If this was the best episode of Season 11, I'm glad not to have seen the rest of the season (outside of the one episode that shant be named).

I honestly recommend Bottle Burglars, Squid Noir and Teachers Pests as well because those are considered as some other great s11 eps but If those are also not for you, I don't think you'll find anything else hin s11 good too.

• Like 1

Just watched it. This episode is quality! This is episode is basically like if Squirrel Jokes and As Seen On TV had a baby, and then that baby grew up and had a baby with The Paper, and then that baby finally met Squid Wood and dated for a few months but then broke up because the baby thought Squid Wood was too rude for him/her (no genders here) and then that baby grew up finally to become ChefBob. The baby also took aspects from Squid Wood but not all of the comedy and animation.

Complicated, right?

They took two two great episodes from the past, took some aspects from some other episodes, and tried to do something new, and it worked! SpongeBob's idea to make ChefBob turned out great for Bikini Bottom and the Krusty Krab, but bad for SpongeBob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs. I enjoyed the insult comedy, Mr. Krabs telling Fred to shutup, the really funny and kind of new style ChefBob and SpongeBob fight, the Squidward and Mr. Krabs puppets, and the twist at the end.

ChefBob is alive after Mr. Krabs' puppet fires him and Squidward's puppet throws him out, as he gets run over by a car and hopped on by a pogo stick. He made a TV show!

Overall, I'd give this episode an A+.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

This is episode, besides being really funny, also succeeds in being good character study for SpongeBob. I'm probably looking too deep into this episode, but I think this episode did the right thing making ChefBob sentience ambiguous besides the ending. Beginning of the episode established that SpongeBob has a stage fright and for expressing itself on the stage he made up ChefBob. But what if ChefBob was his way to express his inner frustration with Mr.Krabs and Squidward and Bikini Bottomites in general? We know that SpongeBob has his limits, he usually really kind and naive, but not stupid (generally). ChefBob can be his manifestation of his inner anger on everyone around him and himself for not being assertive. A sense of freedom and lack of fears carried him away. 

It's almost TwoFace situation from Batman at our hands.

Of course this is probably not it and I sound like that guy from GameTheory or something, but I really wanted to speculate on that.

• Like 1

Well, I've been told for ages now to watch Chefbob. I apologize everyone, I wanted to see this episode but my laziness and lack of no living room tv prevented me from doing so. I wanted to support it officially too, since I heard Karl did a lot of storyboard clean ups in the episode, which had me engaged as he's my favorite artist, anyway, enough talking about that. Let's talk about the episode itself.

I'm just gonna say this first, I'm known for not being the BIGGEST fan of SpongeBob for a while now, but this has to be my FAVORITE episode of the post-sequel era that I've seen so far. There's nothing I didn't like about the episode besides maybe a couple gags visually. I LOVE Squidward's snarky dialogue in this episode, from his opening quote to when he roasts the blue fish which Chefbob takes his insult from, I also love the fish responding to the insult and that's fucking face he makes, it gave me a laugh. Also found the other fish's having tears in his eyes after hearing his insult. It was absolutely an entertaining watch from a lot of the episodes I've seen from this new era.

And I must say, the Karl boards and gags he added in the fight scene are actually stunning and hilarious, SpongeBob slamming his hand into the cash register gave me a chuckle by how he was doing it and the family's reaction. I also loved the expressions a lot, I can totally tell he did that scene. 

But yeah. It was a good episode, and Kaz's best that I've seen so far. Thanks for recommending this to me, guys! I'm happy I finally took the time to watch it, it was worth it!

8/10.

• Like 1