• Advertisement

234a. Patnocchio

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Ice Cream: Number two: ICE CREAM! YEAH!
    • 4/5 Ice Cream: Now that's a smart little sea star!
    • 3/5 Ice Cream: What are conscious? Are they bad?
    • 2/5 Ice Cream: Get me an ice pack, you idiot!
    • 1/5 Ice Cream: So stupid...

EN26EKb.png

Premieres: 

Wednesday, August 8th @ 6:00pm ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, August 11th @ 9:00am ET/PT

Saturday, August 11th @ 12:00pm ET/PT

Plot:

Plankton tells Patrick he's his conscience so he can convince the wooden-headed star to steal him a Krabby Patty.

Clips:

N/A

This episode has already been leaked online thanks to Russia. If you've seen the episode already, you can post your thoughts here.

Edited by jjsthekid

I went in with expectations as low as Greece's sinking economy, which is why I was impressed at the episodes quality. By no means is it amazing, but compared to stuff like Pat the Horse and Bunny Hunt, it might as well be Band Geeks.

This episode avoids the pitfalls of Pat the Horse, No Pictures Please, and Patricks Coupon by having a character smarter than Patrick (Plankton) come along, which creates a sharp dynamic that makes sure the episode never gets boring. This follows a template of the Imatation Krabs plot, but it differentiates itself from the rest of the pack by having the focus of the episode being primarily between Plankton and Patrick. Spongebob gets only a few lines spouting exposition, the Krusty Krab is only in one scene at the beginning, and Krabs is not even in the episode at all. The episode mixes other rarely seen locations like Goofy Goober (flex), and Goo Lagoon for the majority of the conflict, whereas the episode might have gotten stale if it was just another KK episode.

I have to say the Pinnochio parody is spot fucking on. The nose fight scene (as well as the comback of the gag with the woodmaker in Pearl's belly) is hilarious, and they get good milage out of other jokes in the episode. I even like some of the more subtle jokes in the episode, such as the joke were Plankton and the woodmaker bet on who will win against Pat and Pinnochio, and the "I'm not lying, I'm making up the truth" line. It isn't Chocolate With Nuts, but it still has funny jokes nontheless.

Thank god Patrick is in charcter here. They don't flanderize him beyond belief, like in Salsa Imbecilicus. He is stupid, but they do put a limit on his stupidity. While he himself doesn't slove what Plankton is doing, he does question a lot of what Plankton is doing. He does go a bit overboard at times, but I think he is overall fine. Plankton is in character, and fun throughout, and his prescence allows more jokes to be added, along with a fun dynamic.

I can see this as being divisive, but I enjoyed it. Maybe I am being leniant, but hiw can I not like an episode that has Goofy Goober return? It is fun and silly, but doesn't overdo it, and was a nice ep to watch.

• Like 4

I really enjoyed this episode. As far as a Pinocchio parody goes, it was really creative. With Karen being the Blue Fairy and both Plankton and Patrick getting swallowed by Pearl. I also liked the appearance of Goofy Goober's and the shot of the bartender with flames in his eyes. It didn't explain why Patrick was fully dressed for this episode, but it was still very entertaining. 

Also, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the screen go black in the middle of the episode.

• Like 1

Yeah just google'd and it seems the black screen was an error on the premiere airing of the episode on Xfinity. Strange. 

Anyway, I found this to be one of the weaker season 11 episodes. There were a few funny jokes such as the high fives in the beginning, but most of this was too stupid and wasn't very amusing funny, and was a bit boring. However, I did like seeing Goofy Goobers again finally.

5/10

Mr. Lawrence was once again in top form for this episode! :D This is an episode that had it been WRITTEN by the wrong person, it could have turned out rather BADLY! o.o Thankfully, the parody of "Pinocchio" is not only HILARIOUS, it's pretty spot on, with Patrick and Plankton perfectly in character! Not only that, but this is the SECOND episode this week to feature two characters interacting that don't really interact that often. Namely, it's Plankton and Patrick this time! It was really interesting seeing Plankton having to struggle against Patrick's lack of intellect, and Patrick actually QUESTIONED Plankton's motives, almost returning to season one levels of intelligence, where Patrick was just slow, rather than outright stupid! :rolleyes: Surprised to see a reference to Plankton's fear of whale's ("One Coarse Meal"), return, and it's actually used rather tastefully in this episode as well! Was surprised to actually SEE Gepetto (or at least, a fish version of him), as a crazy old man, and REALLY surprised not just by the return of the Giant Clam from "Clams!", but of an ACTUAL appearance of the Goofy Goober as well! :cool: And surprised to see that Patrick has a REAL conscience as well! :hysterical: Even though Spongebob didn't appear much in this episode, it really doesn't feel like we're missing him too much, since Patrick and Plankton were able to carry this episode along pretty much all on their own! I'd give this episode a 10/10! Enough said! ;)

• Like 1

Wasn't really big on this one, but it wasn't terrible, I suppose. Patrick's stupidity wasn't exactly entertaining, but there's been worse Patrick episodes. The guitar strumming running gag got pretty old fast. I did enjoy the Goofy Goobers appearance, and there were some other amusing parts. But I felt overall the second half was kind of all over the place and too weird for me personally. I get what they were parodying, but Pearl felt kinda shoehorned-in and I don't think it flowed very well coherently. Karen had the best parts in the episode for sure.

Grade: C

• Like 1

I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit and I don't know why. I was scared this might end up being suckish because it had Patrick in it but it turned out to be actually kind of cute and fun. I loved all of Plankton's scenes and he was the one that carried most of the episode. Patrick's stupidity was bearable for once. I liked how they literally entered Pearl's stomach and Plankton's line about how his mother knew he'd end up being there was a nice little joke (and unintended One Coarse Meal reference). I liked Patrick's actual conscience came back to Patrick and Patrick stepped on Plankton. Karen as the fairy narrator was really the best aspect of the episode. If there are issues I have with this are that mirrors to Pinoccio story got too forced after first 5 minutes and the whole air guitar gag got too old for me. Otherwise, this was just pretty fun Patrick episode for once.

Grade: B

• Like 1

OMG. This has to be one of the best episodes of Season 11, AND right behind "Imitation Krabs" as the best "Plankton disguises himself to trick someone (usually SB) into stealing the ol' formuler" episode the series has given us. So many elements that made this episode worth my while... Karen the Computer Fairy, the return of Goofy Goober's, the nose fight, the scene inside Pearl's stomach, Gush 'N' Flush, etc., etc., etc.- need I say more??!! Easily a 5/5 episode in my opinion. We need more episodes like this and "Mall Girl Pearl" where SpongeBob barely appears at all and doesn't do much to move the story along (I know, the show IS called "SpongeBob SquarePants", but it'd be a pleasure to see more quality episodes where the porous freak doesn't play a major role, having being impressed by this, MGP, and "Whale Watching").

TLDR: AWESOME EPISODE!!!! YEAH!!!!

*electric guitar plays in the background*

• Like 3

Ehh... It could've been better but oh well. Yeah, I didn't really enjoy this one too overly much. To get the positives out of the way, I did like how they brought back Goofy Goober's for the first time since the movie outside of minor references. There were also some funny moments (Plankton's quips really steal the show here) and the animation was nice I guess. However, a lot of the episode is just Patrick being dull. I wouldn't have as much of a problem with this if they used it creatively but instead he's more dumb for the sake of being dumb than anything else. Several parts of the episode just feel slow and others are just... there. The part near the end with the old man in Pearl's stomach was out of nowhere without buildup and I have no idea what the use of it was supposed to be. Hell, the part with Pearl's stomach was weird also. There was a lot in this episode that didn't make too much sense, and while I guess the setup of the episode (the framing device being Karen dressed as a fairy) sort of allows it to be weird, it's very... out there. To recap, while there were parts that I enjoyed here, there was also a bit that I either didn't get or didn't like due to how dull Patrick is. In all, it's not horrible but not one of the more enjoyable episodes of Season 11.

FINAL RATING: 6/10 (OK episode)

Karen as a fairytale narrator was kind of amusing, too bad we had to go for the "fat Patrick listens to his fake conscious" plot for it. That took ALL of the wind out of the episode. 

Goofy Goobers is allowed to appear because this isn't canon? It was probably the most fun part of the episode, just to see the guy in the peanut hat again.

I have no nostalgia for the story of Pinocchio, but I could've bought Plankton going inside Pearl by himself. The real conscious was an irritating plot device to end with.

• Like 1