• Advertisement

Most underrated Pre-Movie episodes

SpongeNicko

While many people (myself included) would generally agree that Seasons 1-3 SpongeBob was when the show was at its best, there are still those episodes that are either disliked or seen as meh by some people. In your opinion, what are the most underrated pre-movie episodes? For me, I would say:

Squeaky Boots

Nature Pants

Grandma's Kisses

As Seen on TV

The Great Snail Race

and Born Again Krabs are all pretty underrated.

What are your guys' picks?

The Great Snail Race, Fools in April, Born Again Krabs, I Was a Teenage Gary, Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost, Jellyfish Jam, The Paper, Welcome to the Chum Bucket (It's not underrated on here but underrated everywhere else), Artist Unknown, Krusty Love, The Smoking Peanut, and The Bully

There's also The Sponge Who Could Fly which is overhated.

• Like 2

The Smoking Peanut has been getting flack lately, and I'm not 100% sure why. It's got some really funny jokes, and a clever plot twist. Unfortunate that it's not brought up more. 

Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost is another episode that deserves more credit, though I can see why people would call it meh.

Edited by hippythehippo
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, WumboJack Horseman said:

Jellyfish Hunter, Squirrel Jokes, No Free Rides. The trifecta of Top 10 Season 2 episodes for me that go generally unnoticed.

Jellyfish Hunter is my second least favorite Pre-Movie episode, but I can agree with you on the other two.

17 minutes ago, hippythehippo said:

The Smoking Peanut has been getting flack lately, and I'm not 100% sure why. It's got some really funny jokes, and a clever plot twist. Unfortunate that it's not brought up more. 

Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost is another episode that deserves more credit, though I can see why people would call it meh.

Yeah, I myself will never understand why The Smoking Peanut gets flack from some people. It's one of the stronger SpongeBob stories and the humor it does have is really funny (Patrick licking the SpongeBob popsicle gets me every time!).

Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost is also pretty underrated, I can agree on that. Might not be Season 1's strongest, but it's still a very charming and solid episode.

• Sad 1

Walking Small, Naught Nautical Neighbors and Opposite Day are three top 25 contenders from season one that I feel are overlooked due to season one's more lax nature which is honestly a shame.

I'll throw One Krabs Trash and Born Again Krabs for underappreciated Krabs episodes that are top 25 worthy as well as everything in OKT is extremely quotable and Squidward chewing Krabs out over 62 cents plus his change makes this possibly the best usage of Krabs' greed in a single episode.

Edited by The Boulder
  • Happy 1

11 minutes ago, The Boulder said:

Unfriendly Ghost, Walking Small, Naught Nautical Neighbors and Opposite Day are four top 25 contenders from season one that I feel are overlooked due to season one's more lax nature which is honestly a shame.

I'll throw One Krabs Trash and Born Again Krabs for underappreciated Krabs episodes that are top 25 worthy as well as everything in OKT is extremely quotable and Squidward chewing Krabs out over 62 cents plus his change makes this possibly the best usage of Krabs' greed in a single episode.

I have to agree with you, especially because both "Naughty Nautical Neighbors" and "Opposite Day" are among my all-time favorites. Great post in general, I like all the episodes you listed.

1 hour ago, SpongeNicko said:

I have to agree with you, especially because both "Naughty Nautical Neighbors" and "Opposite Day" are among my all-time favorites. Great post in general, I like all the episodes you listed.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors is still one of my top favorite episodes.

• Happy 1

The secret box, party pooper pants, the smoking peanut, missing identity, fools in april, procrastination, I'm with stupid, wormy, ugh, musclebob buffpants and thats all I can think of right now.

Edited by BeachBob95

Pre-Hibernation week will always be the most underrated for me. It's the best way to write Sandy as a funny and complex character imo.

Other underrated episodes for me are

- Naughty Nautical Neigbours

- Squidward, The Unfriendly Ghost

- Sleepy Time

- Patty Hype

- Krusty Love

- Born Again Krabs

- The Great Snail Race (not underrated here but in other sites)

• Like 1

I still consider Squilliam Returns a top ten episode but it doesn't seem to get the same love everywhere else.

Born Again Krabs and As Seen on TV could use some more love too.

• God Himself 2

Oh, I almost forgot! "Squid on Strike" and "Jellyfishing". Both of these episodes are great to me (And the latter is even one of my all time favorites), and I've been seeing them get more flack lately as well.

• Like 1