• Advertisement

Van Halen

4EverFreeGuy

I can't believe it, but I searched through the contents of this website, and I couldn't find a singular topic dedicated SOLELY to this epic heavy metal band! Formed in the 1970's with David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, and Michael Anthony, they initially had such big hits like "Runnin With the Devil, Eruption, You Really Got Me, (Oh) Pretty Woman, Dancing In the Streets", before becoming mega stars of Heavy Metal in 1984 with their mega hits "Jump, Panama," and "Hot For Teacher". Soon afterwards (depending on who you ask), David Lee Roth was either fired or he quit from the band. The rest of Van Halen recruited Sammy Hagar, and with him, they had more hit songs such as "Dreams, When It's Love," and "Right Now." Sammy Hagar himself was fired in 1996, and Van Halen entered a brief period (that I'm SURE they and everyone else), would like to forget, where they briefly had Gary Cherrone as a lead singer. Since then, Michael Anthony has quit the band, and was replaced by Eddie's son, Wolfgang Van Halen! David Lee Roth has now become the full-time lead singer again, and they're still signing hit songs and touring the world! Discuss their music here!

47 minutes ago, Halibut said:

van halen peaked when their drummer lost both of his arms

Alex Van Halen hasn't lost his ARMS!!!! o.o You're thinking of the drummer from Def Leppard, who only lost ONE of his arms! :rolleyes:

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

Alex Van Halen hasn't lost his ARMS!!!! o.o You're thinking of the drummer from Def Leppard, who only lost ONE of his arms! :rolleyes:

alex van halen lost his kneecaps too

• Sad 1

Don't care if it's a bump, Van Halen w/ Roth rules. I do like the Van Hagar era, I have listened to some songs from that era that I really enjoy (Including the criminally underrated, yet somewhat poorly mixed It's About Time from The Best of Both Worlds comp. album). But I'm definitely a Roth-era fan, Van Halen I & Van Halen II are two of the greatest rock albums in music history, just about every track off these two are fantastic. I do think Women & Children First & Mean Street are a step down from the first two albums, but they're still great rock albums, especially with such hits as Unchained and Fools. I do consider 1984 overrated (Van Halen II is so underrated simply because it's cited as being just the first album continued with nothing new added to its sound), yeah the hits are fantastic, but the weaker tracks like Top Jimmy and Drop Dead Legs are incredibly inferior to VH1/VH2's weaker tracks (Ice Cream Man, On Fire, Outta Love Again, etc.). A Different Kind of Truth has some great songs, too, like The Trouble with Never, She's the Woman, Stay Frosty, etc.