• Advertisement

Best Current Cartoon?

McSponge

I've been catching up on a lot of animation recently, particularly DuckTales 2017 & OK K.O (Finally started watching the latter), and I consider these excellent shows. What other cartoons currently airing are fantastic, what're your favorites?

I don't really know if it's counted, as it's not airing now, but it's not over, but I gotta go with Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Seasons 1 and 2 a lot of people say is meh (I still like it), but Season 3-6 are fantastic, and the Mortis Arc, Maul's Arc, and Yoda's arc at the very end are some of the best I've ever seen, TV series and movies included.

• Like 2

Mostly just South Park and Family Guy, because I guess they still count. For something perhaps a bit more current, I guess the Mickey Mouse shorts series. They seem to air them on an irregular basis though. I'm most interested in seeing Rick And Morty; that one looks pretty good from what I have seen of it and it's finally on DVD in the UK.

There are so many good cartoons, that I can't even choose one in particular.

I'll just list the shows that I currently watching and really enjoying:
Steven Universe, Star Vs Forces of Evil, DuckTales 2017, OK K.O, current SpongeBob and something else that I forgot.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Prime Jedi said:

I don't really know if it's counted, as it's not airing now, but it's not over, but I gotta go with Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Seasons 1 and 2 a lot of people say is meh (I still like it), but Season 3-6 are fantastic, and the Mortis Arc, Maul's Arc, and Yoda's arc at the very end are some of the best I've ever seen, TV series and movies included.

I checked out The Clone Wars a few months back, and it's a pretty good show. 

12 hours ago, LocalAquatic said:

Mostly just South Park and Family Guy, because I guess they still count. For something perhaps a bit more current, I guess the Mickey Mouse shorts series. They seem to air them on an irregular basis though. I'm most interested in seeing Rick And Morty; that one looks pretty good from what I have seen of it and it's finally on DVD in the UK.

Rick & Morty is pretty good. Season 2 is the best. If you're going to skip around, when you check out Season 3, I highly recommend checking the first and seventh episodes, they're the only ones really worth watching. South Park is pretty eh anymore. Season 21 left a bad taste in my mouth, I didn't really enjoy it. The Mickey Mouse shorts are definitely pretty good, though. Family Guy is just a dead horse at this point. It's not unnecessarily cruel like it was several years back, but it's just such a bore anymore, there's no real life left in the series.

• Like 1

I got a handful:

• Steven Universe
  • Current SpongeBob (to an extent)
  • DuckTales 2017
  • The Loud House (yep. I like it.)
  • BoJack
  • Gumball
  • Rick and Morty
  • Big Hero 6: the Series
  • Tangled: The Series
  • Mickey Mouse Shorts

Are we gonna count those who ended this decade too? Alright. (tbh there are a lot I loved shaddup)

- Gravity Falls

- Legend of Korra

- BoJack Horseman (WATCH IT)

- Rick and Morty

- My Hero Academia 

- OK KO (Need to go back to that show tho)

- Star vs The Forces of Evil

- Adventure Time (even though it had some downs)

- Superjail

- Sym-Bionic Titans (come back to me...)

- Phineas and Ferb

- Steven Universe? (well season 5 was mostly great, so)

- Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes

- Young Justice

Anime counts too? 

Then,

My Hero Academia

Gintama (kinda modern, it's airing since 2006)

Mob Prsycho 100 (season 2 hype!!)

Pokemon Sun and Moon (only subbed version, tho)

15 hours ago, Klu said:

Anime counts too? 

Then,

My Hero Academia

Gintama (kinda modern, it's airing since 2006)

Mob Prsycho 100 (season 2 hype!!)

Pokemon Sun and Moon (only subbed version, tho)

Mob Psycho s2 about to be cold, studio bones been making hits lately