• Advertisement

Ask Prime Jedi Anything or go to Davy Jones's Locker!

Prime Jedi

5 minutes ago, jjsthekid said:

Favorite Star Wars movie?

Hmmmmmm........difficult but I would have to say Revenge of the Sith. Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan in this film is absolutely fantastic and made Obi-Wan my favorite Star Wars character. While many hate Hayden Christensen's performance, imo his line delivery works as it builds Anakin's character and shows how his odd upbringing has made him slightly awkward. This film alone wraps up everything, and enhances all of the other films as a result. Lastly, this film is an emotional rollercoaster, being pure fun in the beginning, evolving into a drama that has a lot of tension, then becomes depressing and makes it seem like there's no hope, and in the end, shows the new hope to the galaxy, allowing the movie to end on a not completely dark note.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawkbitAlpha said:

Addendum to that last one: what do you think of The Last Jedi?

Honestly, it's the only Star Wars film I dislike. I know all arguments have been repeated a million times already, but I really don't like what they did to Luke's character, and Snoke, Hux, and even Kylo just feel like diet versions of themselves, without as much complexity as they had in The Force Awakens. Also, I feel that a lot of the plot (mainly the snail-paced space chase) can be deconstructed and end up not making  much sense. I really think Finn could have been used more and better, and I still don't for the life of me know why Holdo would keep information from Poe (who while getting demoted, had a respectable rank) and the rest of the ship. Another thing is that I don't get why Poe was demoted for taking down the dreadnaught, because while many people lost their lives in the attack, the entire Resistance would have been destroyed had the dreadnaught not be destroyed.

More importantly, I think everybody discussing this film need to take a step back and remember to be civil and respectful. Nobody should be attacked or insulted for liking or disliking a film. The fans who constantly attack others and cause unnecessary fighting is more worse than any bad movie could ever be.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, glitter cartoon said:

what do you think of phineas and ferb's parody of star wars

I actually haven't gotten to watching it yet for some reason! It sounds good and I used to watch Phineas and Ferb all the time a few years ago.

11 minutes ago, jjsthekid said:

What are your thoughts on Solo if you've seen it?

I haven't been able to see it, since I've been sick the past couple of months, but I know what happens and some sounds good, some sounds bad. That cameo at the end sounds great, but most of the new characters don't sound all that interesting. Honestly my big disappointment was that it failed at the box office, because I NEED A KENOBI MOVIE.

On 7/22/2018 at 12:13 AM, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Here's War of the Stars. Hope you like it.

Hide contents

I've been having wifi problems so I only got to about the 35 minute mark before the video started buffering and freezing really badly (I'll have to finish it once I get my wifi sorted out), but it's definitely interesting. I didn't expect the blood from the blaster bolts, and R2 having subtitles is hilarious. Aren't the scenes with Luke and Biggs on Tatooine taken from deleted scenes? And Vader is......definitely a character, especially when he chokes the Imperial Officer and his eyes turn red.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, the Jawas getting killed by the stormtroopers felt like an extreme version of an episode of Cops. XD

Edited by Prime Jedi

24 minutes ago, Prime Jedi said:

Aren't the scenes with Luke and Biggs on Tatooine taken from deleted scenes?

Yeah. This fanedit uses a lot of deleted scenes, outtakes (even footage from the fan film Troops at one point, which is probably why the scene with the Jawas felt like a Cops episode) to make A New Hope into a schlocky, fun '70s B-movie.

I didn't make it (obviously) but it's my fave out of ANY fanedit.

9 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Yeah. This fanedit uses a lot of deleted scenes, outtakes (even footage from the fan film Troops at one point, which is probably why the scene with the Jawas felt like a Cops episode) to make A New Hope into a schlocky, fun '70s B-movie.

I didn't make it (obviously) but it's my fave out of ANY fanedit.

Oh wow, that really cool! I looked up info on it a little bit and apparently many of Vader's lines are things that James Earl Jones has said before?