• Advertisement

Official Dragon Ball Discussion Thread

Prime Jedi

I couldn't find any other thread like this, so exactly what the title says: this is a place to discuss anything Dragon Ball related!

To kick-start a discussion, how do you all feel about the trailer for Dragon Ball Super:Broly? It has my hyped!

Guess who's just getting into it lmao.

I've been watching the original series from the 80's, started with my cousins when I went on vacation earlier this month. I just finished Krillin's match against Bacterian if you want to know where I am right now. I really love this show, it deserves to be called one of the genre's greats. The characters are great and very compelling, the series is hilarious, the fights and powers are great, and the show is so whimsical and strange in it's own way and I love it that way. Toriyama is a genius.

• Happy 1

1 hour ago, glitter cartoon said:

super saiyan 4 is my favorite transformation

Agreed, Super Saiyan 4 brought something new to Super Saiyan transformations.

1 hour ago, seasonalsponge said:

I enjoyed the trailer but I'm still confused on why they consider this Broly to be "canon".

I think it's because Toriyama is heavily involved with this film, while the old Broly I think Toriyama only created the designs and maybe some other stuff. However, that's still kinda up in the air as everyone argues about canon.

1 hour ago, CyanideFishbone said:

Guess who's just getting into it lmao.

I've been watching the original series from the 80's, started with my cousins when I went on vacation earlier this month. I just finished Krillin's match against Bacterian if you want to know where I am right now. I really love this show, it deserves to be called one of the genre's greats. The characters are great and very compelling, the series is hilarious, the fights and powers are great, and the show is so whimsical and strange in it's own way and I love it that way. Toriyama is a genius.

It really is fantastic, especially the original series! It also help that Toriyama tries to keep the series fresh and take it in new directions to keep it from getting stale.

• Like 1

Was honestly looking forward to seeing a new villain take the reigns in this upcoming movie, but hey, if they're bringing anybody back, I'm glad it's Broly. If they're looking to bring back more, I'd be down to see a revamped Lord Slug. The idea of a true Namekian villain always fascinated me and it'll be a good opportunity to actually explore their lore more (like their connection to Zalama and all dat) and put the shine on something other than Saiyans for once lol