• Advertisement

An Aquatic Artist's Konquest

Two more for the Ariel Dresses series, both doodled on Friday and colored simultaneously only a while ago.

FnyvKSD.pngaaNUrPr.png

No variants for these two. It was tempting to try a whiter dress for the Wedding dress, but since I used a shade inbetween cream and white for the main dress when coloring it in anyway I just stuck with it.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

New Original Character time! Yay!

This guy's name is Kasin. The name is of Hindu origin (apparently) and meanings related to the concept of purity and appearing like a conqueror. The name choice is meant to be a bit of an ironic one since he's a bit of a devious fellow. Not necessarily evil or malicious but far from being an angelic individual.
However, he's a prince of an underwater kingdom with eyes on a young merman he met whilst travelling across the seas on royal business (an already established character of mine). As a Cecaelia though, he's considerably bigger than the merfolk (say 3-4 times) which means it is very hard for him to persue the merman undercover.

5PhHLTd.gif

Originally I did this just for a class I thought I needed to do it for, but then the lecturer was like fuck it all and I never got to use this so I decided to give him a name and a story so he wasn't a waste of time. I quite like him.

• Like 2

Ariel Dress #5...her sparkly purple one! This one's very pretty and shiny in the movie which is what I quite like about it.

PVcKXIg.pngknrLgEs.png

Two versions here, because I wanted to try my hand at a background - like, an actual background - with this particular dress of hers. This scene from the movie is one of my favorites and it only makes sense I make an effort. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out too.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Seventh dress in the series (I forgot that one of the dresses I did before - the pink one - was modified by me in order to emulate another dress too!) and I'm dipping my toe into the sequel!
This yellow dress worn by Ariel in the very beginning of the movie is a favorite of mine from that particular movie.

RD8KdE4.png

I also tried two different ponytail variants on top of the one seen here but they didn't look that great.

And this is what my Ariel Dress checklist looks like, for anyone interested in seeing what I have in store...

Spoiler

hxGbuWY.png

Oh yeah...I deliberately made three of them blurred, but they should be obvious anyway.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Originally I wanted to save doing her mermaid form for her actual Anniversary date given how close it is to the date itself, but I could not help myself at. All.
I JUST HAD TO DO IT ASAP!!!!

W1l4dqF.png8VJWKmF.png

As you can tell this one got super-special treatment; colored outlines and a background.
I really like how the outlines turned out, so I might do it for one of the mystery dresses coming up as well. (Not for all of the rest though, because this series does need some consistency in its style.)

• Like 1

Made a graphic for the Little Mermaid's 30th Anniversary two days ago, but then made different versions using some of my previous Ariel drawings. The drawing in the second iteration of the graphic was actually drawn for a bigger tribute to the movie I had in mind, but I wasn't happy with the second part of that piece so I then switched to making this graphic and kept the Ariel drawing I'd already colored.

Posting these her on the 19th feels somewhat poetic...prior to Sunday (the 17th; TLM's actual anniversary date) I'd thought that it was the 19th, but my childhood best friend's Birthday is actually on the 19th and I've another friend with a Birthday two days after that so I tend to confuse the dates a lot, which, coming from someone in a family with a ton of August Birthdays, is surprising.

FAONin9.pngbdz6pNa.png9eSDOrG.png
oab7Y9f.pngLQGNlC3.png

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

It's been a while since I last did anything anniversary-related this year, and while I've definitely done SpongeBob's 20th, this crossover is meant to celebrate the first movie's 15th anniversary.
It's also the 70th Anniversary of The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, which, I've admittedly never seen in my life, but I do know of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, so that gave me the idea for this crossover.

pMVgdoI.png

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

So one of my Animation modules has me doing pre-production work for our Assignment in the next term where we'll have to start animating our ideas, and I need to prepare a presentation of my treatment, so I'm doing turnarounds, animatics, storyboard stuff, and a poster, all of which I'm dreading cuz I do not want to present my stuff to everybody but here we are I guess...

Anyway, this is the turnaround I made for the protagonist of my piece; he was drawn to look as simplistic as possible cuz it relates to the kind of thing I'm going for with my animation and also with how I want to animate my characters it's best I keep it simple. He has no name since there's no speech in my idea, so I keep calling him Protagonist. Probably should give him a name.

VxaCyMB.png

• Like 2

The Ariel dress series is 75% done, now with the ninth dress in the series, this one being her purple dress from Little Mermaid 2.
I honestly drew her hair and couldn't even recognize her as Ariel. She just looks incredibly different when drawn with her hair up, it's crazy.

UF5IFvO.png

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

This has been a pain in my arse for like three months. Basically making this model for an Animation assignment. It's been...an experience...to say the least.

I am very indifferent to it as a whole but I mean...for my first major project in ZBrush, I'm happy with what I managed to accomplished, so I guess I don't hate it completely.
I have a blog full of WIP images and research and stuff, but I won't bore anyone with its contents lel

• Like 2

The Ariel Dress series is almost over, and I'm hoping to finish it by the end of the year, so here is the 10th dress in the series, and it being a dress is...questionable at least. It's the Sail Dress!
Gave her a more dynamic pose for this outfit because I thought I'd spice up the series a bit.

9at5MK1.png

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Fun piece I enjoyed working on involving two of my favorite yellow peeps...getting completely wasted this Christmas.
Wooldoor's learned that a drunk sponge can be a fun sponge...
I3uzUEY.png

I originally also had Squidward and Spanky Ham's face drawn out for some other dialogue ideas, but I scrapped that and made some changes.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Something a little fun and different. Been wanting to draw a Spideypool piece since I got into the ship years ago but never knew how I wanted to go about it; a cute chibi style or using proportions from the comics. Tried both, but the chibi style definitely won out in the end and this is what came of five attempts at a kissing doodle.

Vv5Y1fu.png

• Like 1

Two treats!

First off, a Spider-Man Christmas chibi doodle I did around the New Year but forgot to upload:

Mj327Gd.png

And secondly, my first Ariel drawing of 2020!

aYSCO4p.png

This was very fun to do!
And like with the Mermaid Ariel I did for the dress series, I gave her colored outlines here; might start to regularly do this for subsequent Disney Princess-related work.

• Like 1