• Advertisement

An Aquatic Artist's Konquest

If she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will!

Been thinking about making a mini-series of Chibi Disney Villains since drawing the Evil Queen, so here's another entry for it in anticipation: Cruella!
Don't think I've seen 101 Dalmations in its entirety but Cruella as a character has always stuck with me. Probably helps she's also iconic as a primary Disney Villains member.

QSuEF1q.png

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

We interrupt Aquatic Konquest's Chibi Villains series to bring you a sketch of Bugs Bunny in drag.
I was going to draw him at some point XD

So the other day I had to pause a binge session of Once Upon A Time whilst everyone else was occupied in matters and to pass the time I watched half of Looney Tunes Back in Action. I liked what I saw so I'm gonna finish it at some point (although Netflix is removing it soon I think?) and before turning in for the night I knew I had to draw Bugs' drag look from early on in the film.

PtXNRck.png

And because I have 'em on hand, I also ended up making two new inspired logos cuz I've been quite bored lately and wanted something fun to do.

WLfyS1C.pngj4K3Crv.png

Avast ye, landlubbers! The cap'n's aboard the Chibi Villains ship!

XELlyvi.png

I've been planning my little series in advance, so this little square shows who else I have yet to draw...

Spoiler

CVhxNhX.png

The two with asterisks over them are theoretical ideas if I were to make this a 9 Villain series. They're both personal favorites of mine. I also deliberately blurred the silhouettes, but it might be easy to guess who they are.

• Like 1

I am on a roll when it comes to drawing lately, it's actually quite a blast!
So in order to keep myself motivated for the Chibi Villains series, I decided to take a brief break from it in favor of drawing my favorite mermaid again!
Really wanted to try a more dynamic pose with her tail and use my new color scheme.

Also made the bubbles myself, too.

xQQuUnP.png

• Like 1

The Mistress of All Evil made made her way into the line-up! And yes, she's a happy gal because she was invited!

Figuring out how to draw Maleficent is all kinds of confusion...but coloring her was great and unlike most of the others in the series she's got a colored outline for a majority of her body (or robes, rather, I guess XD).

3oz9nGF.png

Aaaaaaaand this darling post I've put on Instagram and Twitter but am so happy with I can't resist sharing it again!

T00CDcZ.png

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

And the last of my planned Chibi Villains...Jafar!
Similar to Maleficent I can't say I quite care much for drawing him on the regular even though I've only drawn him once before and that sketch ain't seein' the light of day buuuuuut this turned out better than I hoped.
I really love red...nice to work primarily with that color here especially.

DrUng0t.png

And here they all are, as a group! A Sinister Seven, if you will.

ckVVr1p.png

And of course, this doesn't necessarily the end of the series...I'm still thinking about adding two more Villains to the roster. Who they are will remain a mystery, although you might just make 'em out from the progress square I uploaded alongside my Chibi Captain Hook post two weeks ago.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Guess who's back at uni for a second year?

So my second week back is coming to a close and I wanted to show y'all some of the stuff I've been doing in one of the classes. I was gonna post 'em sooner but the forum had gone beserk and then I just forgot once it came back online.

So these are some sketches for a character I'm required to model in a pose in 3D using appropriate software by December.
I won't say outright who it is, but it's a Hans Christian Anderson character (we're required to use a character from established literature...idk why) because of course I can never go too far off from my favorite mermaid.

O6wDrNT.jpg

And then a skull made in the 3D software I want to use for the modelling.
I am a bit miffed that I can only use that particular program on uni grounds and not at home though. It's an amazing piece of software, but it'll provide me with a lot of inconvenience.

crpGesL.png

• Like 1

Now, I was going to post this as soon as Octerror Fest started, but...I really loved working on this so nuts to that, I wanna post it now.

An idea I had last year and never really got around to doing anything for, but when it popped back in my head last night I really got to work.
You think these three wee ones are ready to hit the town later this month? ?
Provided they find a way to go door-to-door with ease of course.

RREHLuy.png

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

Perhaps due to a severe lack of human Ariel drawings this year, here's an Ariel drawing of her in her lovely green dress from the early 2010's redesigns. I love this dress a lot!
Trying out a few tweaks to the way I color my sketches, and it turned out nice.

Nx6IrhO.png

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Just came back and settled down after class today, where we practiced with ZBrush's Z-Spheres that make modelling characters pretty easy.
I was aiming to do a person in a sassy pose but the legs were fucked up when I converted the shapes into something geometric that could be then modified in more detail so I turned them into tentacles and used three different brushes to structure six more tentacles.

I am very happy with the result from what has probably been my favorite session of the year thus far.

TXGv0aN.png5YEpEYD.png
PB7DuhF.png96PmQBW.png

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

I think...I might make a series of Ariel in various dresses of hers. Did a chibi series with the same concept, and now that I'm using Photoshop and have developed my drawing skills since then (it was like 2-3 years ago...hella old stuff), I figure I'd give it a shot.

Since I did the green redesign dress first, I figured I may as well follow on from that with the pink dress. Not my favorite, but it's pretty cute nonetheless.
Also included is a variant inspired by one of her old Disney Parks dresses (unless it's still around?). I was originally just gonna do a recolor but then I thought why not go a little further in recreating another dress.

0PROQx6.pngnVZz0Og.png

• Like 2
  • Funny 1