• Advertisement

An Aquatic Artist's Konquest

A request from a new friend of mine who wanted me to draw Weiss from RWBY. He's interested in crossdressing as her for Comic-Con in October, and I'm looking forward to seeing him there!
Since I don't watch anime but have drawn anime characters for people in the past and also because I really like him I happily complied and this was the result.

I'm eventually going to color this, but I'm saving that for him. :p

wpYYrv9.png

I have another request of his I'm got to think about before I get on with it and then I should be back on my Dream Daddy profile adventure.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 3

Thought I'd keep at having fun with logo designs and tried my hand at a neon sign text effect.
I had such blatant disregard for the tutorial and managed to animate it myself - because it wouldn't truly be a sign if it didn't flash on and off! - so I'm happy that it turned out as well as it did.

FZLgzIS.gif

I don't know what to even use this with because the background helps make it work and I'll never want to use such a background for a signature...I'll find a way. ^_^

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

The idea hit me in the wee hours of the morning and so I was inclined to do it.
Noticed a couple of issues in the version I'd exported when I'd finished it so I just went back to correct those and I also added the flowers because it wouldn't be the SpongeBob logo without a flower somewhere.

7m5QZEV.gif

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

You know what show I really, really love in spite of what many think of it? Drawn Together. I first heard of the series when I was 14, long after it was cancelled and a few years after its movie was released, and of course, I'd only truly known of it through Wooldoor Sockbat and Princess Clara, two of the show's major characters which parody SpongeBob and Disney Princesses respectively. It's a wild show with so much wrong with it, but that stuff made it all the more hilarious. It's more of a show you watch for the hell of it and as long as you don't take it seriously (it surely doesn't want you to; this thing has no sense of ethics or morality whatsoever XD) you'll be in for one heck of a ride.

So back in 2015, I drew some of the DT gang quite a bit, and often in crossovers. So since I've been watching some of the series online again (I need to get the DVDs; I do have a Region 1-compatible DVD player at home), I decided to get back into drawing the characters. Here we have Wooldoor meeting his original counterpart, echoing back to something similar I drew back in 2015, but y'know...better.

Also, the background is inspired by the confessional room in the show; it does change color depending on the character I believe, but I know this green, camo-colored one (the default?) is one Wooldoor notably uses.

2084545401_SpongeBobandWooldoor-ColoredV

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • God Himself 1

FINALLY!!!! :D Someone else BESIDES me who actually enjoyed watching "Drawn Together" just for the HECK of it! :hysterical: Didn't like the series finale and the movie, but other than that, it was a pretty wild ride! :cool: Enough said! ;)

• Happy 1

5 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

FINALLY!!!! :D Someone else BESIDES me who actually enjoyed watching "Drawn Together" just for the HECK of it! :hysterical: Didn't like the series finale and the movie, but other than that, it was a pretty wild ride! :cool: Enough said! ;)

Don't think I've seen the very last episode, or probably don't remember much about it; can't say the whole clip show episode format was a favorite.
And yeah, the movie was weird. Can't say I hated it but oof, it could be pretty bad in places and it felt really bitter.

Soooooo I'm working on another Drawn Together crossover piece (and by that I mean have yet to color but have otherwise finished modifying the outlines) but in the meantime here's another Drawn Together character I drew just prior to the crossover piece, and since it's a simple profile, the coloring was relatively straight-forward.

Foxxy Love, y'all!

Definitely one of my favorites of the eight housemates; she's hilarious and also has some sense in her that makes her the closest thing the show has to a voice of reason.

2092023460_DrawnTogether-FoxxyLoveColore

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Third Drawn Together piece in a row! I am on a roll! (do check out the Foxxy piece above too if you haven't! :p)

Also the second crossover Drawn Together piece because the idea has been in my head since I finished the Wooldoor one, At first I was a bit hesitant to start it because I don't tend to draw two human characters together (it's always more complicated than I'd like it to be...), but I pressed on, did it, and it wasn't too bad.

If you don't watch the show, you probably won't understand the joke being made here, but I hope you like it and/or find it funny anyway! ^_^

Mbe4Lv6.png

And if anyone's interest in seeing the progress of this idea, look in the spoiler at Ariel's face in each stage...

Spoiler

Spoiler

PsBaI1r.png
1. Drawing the original sketch.
2. Scanning in the sketch and making any corrections to the outlines.
3. Removing all the white background, completely turning down the lightness (so it's all black, with no grey areas)
4. Applying simple, flat coloring on a multitude of layers.
5. EFFECTS!

If anyone's wondering, the faces for this piece were drawn separately on the side in the original sketch - I only placed them in their respective places after coloring each body so I had everything done by the time I finally got to the face.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Like 3

A compilation of logos I made the other day for fun because it made me happy and I just love making logos,.
Some were easier than others (coughcoughtoprightcoughcough)

I wonder...can anyone name all five of the original titles these logos are influenced by?

6w4PDeV.png

(also personal favorite is the bottom one - took the longest and required the most steps and it ended up turning out better than I'd intended.)

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Like 1
  • Happy 1
  • Wow 1

A simple profile of my favorite mermaid because I want to draw something for the 30th Anniversary of The Little Mermaid and want to be as amazing as I can possibly accomplish.
So in other words...prepping? :p

7id9grq.png

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Like 4
  • Wow 1

Another profile, this time one of Ursula to compliment the Ariel one.
Haven't drawn Ursula for...quite a long while now. Probably two or three years since the last time. I find her quite hard to draw in comparison to Ariel which has often put me off of drawing her, but it's kinda fun, now that I've gotten back into it.

X35z3es.png

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

Ariel and Clara again because I only realized a couple hours ago that Drawn Together would be celebrating its 15th Anniversary this year.
And who else is celebrating their anniversary this year? SpongeBob does not count because that is a given especially when I'm posting on a SpongeBob forum.

That's right...THE LITTLE MERMAID! AHHHHHHH! :plankton2:

So I've basically spent the last five hours on this baby, and honestly I feel very goshdarn proud of it.
Also improved on the Ariel color palette a bit - I took all the original colors for her from my first Clara-Ariel piece and made some changes to make her look more true to herself.

That sign she's holding is designed to look like this one.

7ihl9sn.png

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Ariel is like, "You can tell that MY anniversary is going to be better, because MY Anniversary trophy is BIGGER and BETTER!!!!" :D And Princess Clara is like, "Whatever!" :hysterical: Enough said, true believer! ;)

• Funny 1

Another entry for what I would like to call my 2019 Anniversaries mini-series...provided I do any more in the future. Just gotta think of matchups, really.

I was definitely planning on drawing something involving SpongeBob celebrating his 20th, and I wanted to do an Aurora piece because it's also the 60th Anniversary of Sleeping Beauty (although not gonna lie I haven't seen much commotion about it...or at least nothing near as much as TLM's 30th is getting). Then this idea of SpongeBob's outfit - and appearance - being altered by Fauna and Merryweather popped into my head and thus, this drawing came about! My alternate idea was to have SpongeBob in a cheering pose with an alarm clock in his other hand to wake up Aurora holding her own sign, but I liked this one more. :p

The signs don't have any particular inspiration. The 20th Sign was made in a similar fashion to the writing on the plank on my BFBB Parody logo but with some modifications, and the 60th Shield is based on the logo found here, but I worked around it a little bit.

P13T0BF.png

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

You got to admit, there ARE advantages to being a cartoon princess; you never look a DAY over 16! :hysterical: I always did wonder what she would look like, actually WEARING the "Splattered" version of the dress that Flora and Merryweather temporarily created! :cool: Funny work as always! :D Enough said, true believers! ;)

• Thanks 1

Hello, everyone! It's been a while since I've done any drawing, so I thought I'd upload something I'd done prior to going on holiday for my sister as a Birthday present (and also I've been pacing myself a bit since I wanted to wait until her Birthday was over before I posted elsewhere; definitely had to let her see it first).
Basically Stitch - her favorite Disney character alongside Tinkerbell - dressed as Jung Kook, her favorite member of BTS.
This cluster of reference images I put together prior shows what outfit I was using for clarity.

D8OzmiO.png

• Like 4
  • Wow 1