• Advertisement

An Aquatic Artist's Konquest

3 hours ago, LocalAquatic said:

Hello again, dear Monika!

Drew her out as a pencil sketch in class today, then finished her off tonight for like three hours straight. Good lord, I'm tired.

Really been wanting to draw her in a reaching out pose for a while...so that's what I did.

1669471582_MonikaReachingOut-OvalVersion.thumb.png.344c83ba9a36de00fd11b2cea9a2be93.png

I also made a GIF using my artwork, inspired by the glitches of DDLC. Putting in a spoiler cuz I intended it to be jumpscare-esque, so...yeah.

Reveal hidden contents

Monika_Jumpscare_GIF.gif.a21607c02a714518776022b9bae9c297.gif

Mood

Fh6Zbf3.jpg

• Funny 1

Sooooooo...I've been working on modelling a character in Maya and it's been getting to me, so I kinda did a good deal of it before getting annoyed by it all and rage-quitted from it and started doodling to calm me down. Two things I doodled were my favorite mermaid, as well as a chibi version of the very character I'm modelling.

Here's Ariel, which I colored digitally, and I'm quite satisfied with the color scheme, of all things. I might have a winner here.
I'll probably post the chibi OC soon enough...I'm playing around with her hair/hood in the drawing.

3WNQPwK.png

• Like 5

So as I've mentioned before in this thread, Katrina is my current passion project that was conceptualized to be part of a project for uni, but I'm going to try and make and effort to keep fleshing her out and drawing her as often as I can.

I drew this chibi version of her having rage quit over her 3D model a couple days ago (which I did end up finishing as of late although I've yet to rig and texture her since I'll need help for that...). 
I'm a little up in the air with the hair dye thing. A part of me doesn't think it's necessary, but I love the idea of it anyway. The color scheme is mostly inspired by the original character of mine she's an alter-ego of - Karla - with her blue tail and brown hair, only I've muted the color scheme or made it dark, as well as give her her own eye color, hairdo and outfit.

HNncihX.png

• Like 2

Something I've actually had on my mind for maybe a few months but never got to actually drawing until yesterday, involving the characters associated with myself (Ariel) and fellow Fry Cooks, @Patty Rose (Amy Rose) and @Kotarou? (Elizabeth). Originally was going to postpone this idea til June, given that'd be a year since the Fry Cooks were reinstated on SBC, but I couldn't help myself :blush:

The frame and background were last minute touches, and I picked a beach for obvious reasons :funny:

jrXausx.png

• Like 2
  • God Himself 3
  • Hug 2

I don't know why it feels like I've not been active for practically eons, but it does, somewhat.

Here's a mixture of a drawing and a graphic, which I intend to use as a logo for my Loco Local Literature Club book review series that I do and fail to do such consistently on my blog here. By the way, I do have a third entry in mind for that, with my original plans for the third entry taking the sidelines once I start it.

So the drawing is of me sitting with my legs crossed, as it is something I am quite accustomed to doing wherever I sit. Trying a plain t-shirt for this graphic for a change but I like keeping all my original files for the sake of customization in post. I might bring this one back for some fun little makes I tend to do on the side, and already have an idea in mind. I just need to take a picture of myself at the right time of day and get positions, lights, etc. all up to my standard.

Technically speaking, the motivation for drawing this piece was actually based on one of my old self-drawings in which I drew myself in a Pride Flag t-shirt caricature for Pride Month 2015/6. I wanted to try something that was even more flamboyant - hence the pose - but then I drew a book in his hand and one thing led to another.

Anyways, fun little tidbit about this piece - I actually lost the sketchbook this guy is hand-drawn in a fortnight ago - so I've been trying to get through some of my upcoming uni deadlines with friends and when we were in the library last week I just forgot I was carrying it and left it with a bunch of library books. Funny enough, I panicked about it like two hours later when I finally realized and a friend staying on-site managed to find it soon enough but I didn't end up seeing her to get it back until like...five days later, which was a bummer but she apparently ended up keeping it in her bag from the moment she found it for me so I'm grateful that she found it at the end of the day.

8r5rHVb.png

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 4
  • Wow 1

An original character of mine - Aquian (it's an oldie!)- in Chibi form. I'm practicing for Mer May, and it seemed appropriate to finally give Aquian some life again, given I only seem to get him out for Mer May and Pride Month (the two months for which he was created)

Also, it's not quite obvious here, but his tail is patterned red and orange; previous designs only have it as orange, but his design - or at least his color palette - was originally intended to reflect the Pride flag and I'm keeping to that color scheme. This is perhaps the first design of his to incorporate all six colors of the flag.

onnqnHu.png

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

It's Mer-May and I haven't drawn a thing for it yet, so...here's an Ariel, of course!

I initially wasn't happy with the pencil sketch, but some tweaking in Paint.net and Photoshop later and I came around to loving it!

JV2DMR7.png

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 4

Been playing a lot of Dream Daddy lately and have been dying to draw one of the characters.
Surprisingly enough, I ended up drawing Amanda, the Dadsona's daughter. She's so awesome and supportive throughout my quests to date other Dads in the neighborhood, it's great!

Mat and Craig are my favorite of the seven.

Coloring was different this time around; I literally took the pencil sketch I'd scanned, made heavy adjustments to make it easier to color over, and then got to work.

3lMmgc1.png

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Hug 1

I rarely draw this little dude anymore mostly because I can neverrrrrr get his shape right I swear to god but in the spirit of V13, I drew him giving the peace sign.
Might color in the future, but I'm content with the pencil drawing for now.

OHQyTkL.png

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 5

Been hella bored today, so I've just been making more logos for myself for potential signatures and what have you.

8dJsxIi.png

One inspired by the Little Mermaid logo.

FWmzcEl.png

My favorite of the ones I've made today. I'm a sucker for red and gold. It's so shiny!

1438047857_AquaticKonquestLogo-PinknGroovy.png.d4d05f4187fc082be1c4b75a8d5e97ec.png

Something cute and colorful. I'll probably end up using this for basic sigs I make for myself in the future.

• Like 3

A profile of Mat from Dream Daddy, because of course I had to start drawing my favorite LIs at some point. :p
Colored using the exact same process I used for Amanda, but the difference here was that I knew what I was doing so I loved it.

ddWRzxU.png

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2

CRAIIIIIIIG! ?

Technically finished the coloring last night, but I decided to add some shading here and there to make him stand out a little more.
I'm soooo happy with how he turned out, especially his head shape and hairstyle, since I've been trying to draw him for months but they've always held me back.

b1Zgx5Q.png

Edited by jjsthekid