• Advertisement

An Aquatic Artist's Konquest

Heh, thought I'd create an art topic for my work. I've been a little hesitant cuz I'm a nervy nelly, but I hope nobody minds! ^_^

To start the thread off, here's a crossover piece of SpongeBob and Bendy and the Ink Machine I drew last night.

Dawn Of The Devil by spongefan257

I had a concept for this; Bendy has brought DoodleBob back to life with ink and wants SpongeBob's colors in order to survive amongst the 21st Century cartoons.

I...admittedly don't play Bendy cuz the cutouts in the game creep me out a lot more than anything else...but...I absolutely love the lore in the game, so I'm always looking at what's going on in the game.

• Like 2

Finally finished drawing each of my five main OCs - aka, The WeatherFolk! I originally started drawing them early this month, so this mini-project of mine has essentially taken me three weeks to finish. A lot of that time is just procrastination though cuz the heat makes me lazy!

WeatherFolk ID July 2018 by spongefan257

From left to right:
Anthony (Fair Florist)
Axel (Wicked Weatherman)
Kieran (Brother Nature)  yes I named this one after me...he came first
Karla (Water Daughter)
Alex (Sister Twister)

I put this little compilation together to showcase all of their designs. These reflect the December 2017 redesigns I gave of them which can be found below for reference:
(also featured in the below compilation are semi-transparent, older designs of each character drawn in 2016!)

Spoiler

WeatherFolk Redesigns - December 2017 by spongefan257

So back on SBM I used to sell people signatures for around 10-15 doubloons, and I would make members logos of their usernames as part of the signature, and it was a really fun process. They're basically done in the style of the SpongeBob logo. I even made myself a few both for general and seasonal use. You've probably seen these in my sigs. I've kinda missed making logos which I haven't done in...two, maybe three months? I'd love to get back into it one day so if anyone's interested lemme know (heck I'd even open a sig store if I knew how to do so appropriately lol).

But now onto the actual piece...given my fondness for Doki Doki lore, I've come to liking the logo for DDLC, too. So below is a logo I made based on my own name in the style of DDLC's, echoing my history in making SpongeBob logos. Maybe I'll try different logo styles one day, but I might just play around with the Doki Doki style for a bit.

So, yeah. Not a drawing, but rather some digital stuff for a change.
(might make this my new avvie! Kinda like the idea of that!)

DDLC Logo - LocalAquatic by spongefan257

• Wow 2

Right, I actually have a few pieces I've been working on over the past couple days because I had a bit of a drawing kick.

1) Alice Angel in the style I use most when drawing human characters.

Spoiler

Alice Angel by spongefan257

2) Alice Angel again, drawn in the way she's usually depicted through the game via cutouts, posters, etc.

Spoiler

She's Quite A Gal... by spongefan257

3) A chibi of my OC Angie. Admittedly, this is the second time I've drawn her ever and I think I've actually missed drawing her a bit. I love drawing crop-tops and mermaid tails together!

Spoiler

Angie Chibi by spongefan257

4) Some doodles of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, because I was bored and wanted to draw him. Didn't shade him in because...idk.

Spoiler

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit Doodles by spongefan257

5) Two pieces here...both are drawings of myself, modelled after two photos, although the head and facial features were based on the same picture. It's really just the hairstyle that's different between the pieces.

Spoiler

Realistic Me 2018 1 by spongefan257Realistic Me 2018 2 by spongefan257

• Like 2

I've been teasing this piece on Discord for the past couple days, but now it's done! Yayyyyy!

Doki Doki Project Main Menu Version 2 by spongefan257

Hi, Ariel here!
Welcome to the Literature Club! It's always been a dream of mine to make something special out of the things I love. Now that you're a part of my world, you can help me make that dream come true in this cute game!
Every day is full of chit-chat and fun activities with all of my adorable and unique club members:
SpongeBob, the happy-go-lucky bundle of sunshine who values happiness the most;
Sora, the cute and outgoing fellow who packs a surprisingly assertive punch;
Alice, the timid and mysterious angel of a girl who finds comfort in the world of books;
...And, of course, Ariel, the leader of the club! That's me!
I'm super excited for you to make friends with everyone and help the Literature Club become a more intimate place for all my members. But I can tell already that you're a sweetheart—will you promise to spend the most time with me? ♥

This game is not suitable for children
or those who are easily disturbed.

Local Local Aquatic Club! by spongefan257

Can't believe I spent a good deal of my all-nighter trying to do this, but I finally managed to do something with it!

Because one of my aspirations is to animate my own original characters, I've been trying to design a character model for one of them (Water Daughter - she's in this thread under her regular name 'Karla') and ended up with the following.

I also put her in Photoshop and gave her some life. The beach background mostly there to reflect her character. (and dear god do I hate the Z-axis...)

And yes, it is rather very short. This is the actual length of the actual animated part of this stance too; a good chunk of the supposed runtime is just static so I cut that out.

• Like 1

Thought I might just share some stuff I made in my Principles class while we were getting used to animating on Photoshop.

First, we were given a set of horse frames to use for reference in Illustrator and I animated one of them and made a trail of horse. Funny enough that I ended up coloring them akin to CMYK.

1259694738_Week-5---TheColoredHorses.gif.76b73eb1e2e6aa13f222928a752bd2bc.gif

Then, we were given parts of a character marionette we had to position in Photoshop and animate it walking. I really enjoyed this one...

822022263_Week5-MarionetteWalkingAnimationSlower.gif.67d57109f12869e6274af795fd12b89c.gif

Teased this on the Discord via an Instagram link, and here's the finished product!
It's Monika in a casual outfit I've designed. She's never depicted in a casual outfit like the other three girls are in the game, because there's no route for her. Well, I say we at least give her something pretty to wear...

2050781098_MonikaCasualOutfit.thumb.png.15992c823b8ba358c29481fa61642cd7.png

Been rather on hands with some graphics shizz lately; I faithfully recreated the Doki Doki Literature Club dialog box for future ideas and also trying my hand at some Monika quotes for Hawk's server to tease one of the members. :Laugh:

As for the below piece in particular, I've been teaching myself how to create a glitch effect on Photoshop with images, and this scenario popped into my head; DDLC's kinda the reason why I wanted to learn how to create glitchy-looking graphics in the first place. ^_^

1502040954_MonikaKieranGlitch.thumb.png.f1498fc65fb2fe79ef42c55a5fb63c6b.png