• Advertisement

Quiz The Konquest

Aquatic Konquest

3 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Would you still be interested in writing that Little Mermaid crossover for my Cerebus lit, if you have time? :P 

I'm afraid not, sorry. ☹️
I'm finding it hard as it is to write for a South Park fic I started last week and I've barely finished the first part of it.

23 minutes ago, glitter cartoon said:

so how was the latest south park season

Season 21 was pretty good; quite an improvement from the hit-and-miss Season 20. But there's still lots and lots of commentary on Trump's presidency and most of it flies by me unless I read about it because, of course, I'm not American.

2 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Do you enjoy worldbuilding? I do.

I've got a personal project involving a variety of superpowered teenagers - two of which explicitly based on myself and my personality, the other three implied - as well as a couple other OC's that I'm trying to connect as part of my own little OC universe.

So yeah, I enjoy worldbuilding :funny:

Maybe I'll write stuff about them in their own fic one day, but for the meantime, I'm just incorporating the odd one or two in fanfics. One of my Nicktoons Unite projects involves the two mentioned earlier.

Yeah, I'm doing quite a bit of worldbuilding for Cerebus m'self :funny: 

Spoiler

CONTINENTS

Estarcion: The main continent of Cerebus the Aardvark, it comprises the entirety of Afro-Eurasia, otherwise known as the “Old World”.

Armorica: The Americas, here referred to as a single landmass just as Estarcion is. Its name is taken from Arthurian legend, though in that context it refers to Britanny rather than either of the Americas. Armorica, while unexplored by Cerebus, is said to have colonies set up by the “European” (this term is not used in-story, in keeping with the “vanished age” setting) powers, in parallels to real life history.

Oceania: A continent corresponding to the real-life Oceania continental grouping, it remains unexplored, by either Cerebus or the main powers of Estarcion.

PAST CONTINENTS

Atlantis: The primary power in the thousands upon thousands of years before the Aardvarkian Age, Atlantis was a federal monarchy that primarily focused on the arts and sciences, until, according to surviving records, it sank beneath the waves through unknown means. Its primary rivals were Mu and Lemuria, its only ally being Thule.

Mu: A neighboring continent to Atlantis, the people of Mu were warlike and worshipped the god Arkhar (otherwise known as Khorne, the Blood God), opposed to the Atlanteans’ atheism and focus on knowledge instead of war. Shortly after Atlantis sank, refugees arrived on Mu and ended up instigating a war that ended up causing Mu’s downfall; Khorne, whether out of boredom or anger at what he perceived to be the people of Mu defiling what he stood for, caused them to sink into the ocean just as the Atlanteans did.

Thule: The only continent from the Age of Atlantis (and physically the smallest) to survive physically unscathed, Thule’s downfall came from the fact that it relied too much on trade with Atlantis, and was thus doomed when that land sank. Further compounding this was that it could not handle the influx of refugees, and thus its society collapsed. However, it eventually became the land of the Aesir and thus, the de facto capital of Asgard.

Lemuria: A land of barbarians, Lemuria was opposed to Atlantis in parallels to the last years of the Roman Empire. So, what caused their downfall? Their attempts to try and carve out an alliance akin to Atlantis. Their infighting caused them to kill one another, and to add insult to injury, perished in a disaster reminiscent of that akin to Pompeii.

Zealandia: Easily the largest continent during the Age of Atlantis, Zealandia had a culture akin to Mesoamerica crossed with Aborigine Australia and Polynesia. It, much like Atlantis and Mu, sunk into the sea. However, much like Thule it did find a place in the post-Atlantis world - as the islands that make up Oceania. As such, its culture has survived and mutated as needed into the Aardvarkian Age.

COUNTRIES

Asgard: A confederation of multiple tribes within the combined lands of what become Denmark, Finland, Norway, Iceland, and Sweden. Asgard is not so much a kingdom or empire as it is a confederation of tribes, with the chief tribe being the Aesir, led by Odin. The people of Asgard later go on to be mythologized as the Norse pantheon.

Arya: Aardvarkian Age-era Germany. The name is derived from "Aryan", and the militaristic/racially superior nature of the Aryan tribes make them clear Nazi parallels.

Avalon: The British Isles, which are (in England at least) divided among 44 chief-kings. Avalon is a mostly unknown land, said to be inhabited by savage barbarians.

Acheron: The equivalent of Italy, divided into nine powerful city-states.

Kievan Rus: The Aardvarkian Age equivalent to Russia, based on and named after the hitsorical Kievan Rus. Government-wise, it combines the worst aspects of feudalism and communism. Red Sophia hails from here.

Agrabah: Named after the nation from Aladdin, its territories comprise the equivalents of Saudi Arabia and the United Arabic Emirates.

Sem: Aardvarkian-Age Israel.

Stygia: Aardvarkian Age Egypt, more specifically the New Kingdom.

Anatolia: Aardvarkian Age-era Turkey, comprising the territories of the Ottoman Empire from 1300-1451. It, along with Stygia, Sem, and Agrabah, comprise the major kingdoms of what we know as the Middle East.

Qin: A literal combination of Imperial China and Imperial Japan, it's easily the largest empire in Estarcion. It is informally called "the Fire Nation" by those outside of it, a nickname it has wholeheartedly embraced.

Hadast: The Aardvarkian Age counterpart to Carthage, it is a hegemonic empire in that it does not rule directly, but rather primarily rules the city-state for which it is named, and uses its economic and trade power to rule. As such, its territories are generally independent.

See?

17 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Yeah, I'm doing quite a bit of worldbuilding for Cerebus m'self :funny: 

Hide contents

CONTINENTS

Estarcion: The main continent of Cerebus the Aardvark, it comprises the entirety of Afro-Eurasia, otherwise known as the “Old World”.

Armorica: The Americas, here referred to as a single landmass just as Estarcion is. Its name is taken from Arthurian legend, though in that context it refers to Britanny rather than either of the Americas. Armorica, while unexplored by Cerebus, is said to have colonies set up by the “European” (this term is not used in-story, in keeping with the “vanished age” setting) powers, in parallels to real life history.

Oceania: A continent corresponding to the real-life Oceania continental grouping, it remains unexplored, by either Cerebus or the main powers of Estarcion.

PAST CONTINENTS

Atlantis: The primary power in the thousands upon thousands of years before the Aardvarkian Age, Atlantis was a federal monarchy that primarily focused on the arts and sciences, until, according to surviving records, it sank beneath the waves through unknown means. Its primary rivals were Mu and Lemuria, its only ally being Thule.

Mu: A neighboring continent to Atlantis, the people of Mu were warlike and worshipped the god Arkhar (otherwise known as Khorne, the Blood God), opposed to the Atlanteans’ atheism and focus on knowledge instead of war. Shortly after Atlantis sank, refugees arrived on Mu and ended up instigating a war that ended up causing Mu’s downfall; Khorne, whether out of boredom or anger at what he perceived to be the people of Mu defiling what he stood for, caused them to sink into the ocean just as the Atlanteans did.

Thule: The only continent from the Age of Atlantis (and physically the smallest) to survive physically unscathed, Thule’s downfall came from the fact that it relied too much on trade with Atlantis, and was thus doomed when that land sank. Further compounding this was that it could not handle the influx of refugees, and thus its society collapsed. However, it eventually became the land of the Aesir and thus, the de facto capital of Asgard.

Lemuria: A land of barbarians, Lemuria was opposed to Atlantis in parallels to the last years of the Roman Empire. So, what caused their downfall? Their attempts to try and carve out an alliance akin to Atlantis. Their infighting caused them to kill one another, and to add insult to injury, perished in a disaster reminiscent of that akin to Pompeii.

Zealandia: Easily the largest continent during the Age of Atlantis, Zealandia had a culture akin to Mesoamerica crossed with Aborigine Australia and Polynesia. It, much like Atlantis and Mu, sunk into the sea. However, much like Thule it did find a place in the post-Atlantis world - as the islands that make up Oceania. As such, its culture has survived and mutated as needed into the Aardvarkian Age.

COUNTRIES

Asgard: A confederation of multiple tribes within the combined lands of what become Denmark, Finland, Norway, Iceland, and Sweden. Asgard is not so much a kingdom or empire as it is a confederation of tribes, with the chief tribe being the Aesir, led by Odin. The people of Asgard later go on to be mythologized as the Norse pantheon.

Arya: Aardvarkian Age-era Germany. The name is derived from "Aryan", and the militaristic/racially superior nature of the Aryan tribes make them clear Nazi parallels.

Avalon: The British Isles, which are (in England at least) divided among 44 chief-kings. Avalon is a mostly unknown land, said to be inhabited by savage barbarians.

Acheron: The equivalent of Italy, divided into nine powerful city-states.

Kievan Rus: The Aardvarkian Age equivalent to Russia, based on and named after the hitsorical Kievan Rus. Government-wise, it combines the worst aspects of feudalism and communism. Red Sophia hails from here.

Agrabah: Named after the nation from Aladdin, its territories comprise the equivalents of Saudi Arabia and the United Arabic Emirates.

Sem: Aardvarkian-Age Israel.

Stygia: Aardvarkian Age Egypt, more specifically the New Kingdom.

Anatolia: Aardvarkian Age-era Turkey, comprising the territories of the Ottoman Empire from 1300-1451. It, along with Stygia, Sem, and Agrabah, comprise the major kingdoms of what we know as the Middle East.

Qin: A literal combination of Imperial China and Imperial Japan, it's easily the largest empire in Estarcion. It is informally called "the Fire Nation" by those outside of it, a nickname it has wholeheartedly embraced.

Hadast: The Aardvarkian Age counterpart to Carthage, it is a hegemonic empire in that it does not rule directly, but rather primarily rules the city-state for which it is named, and uses its economic and trade power to rule. As such, its territories are generally independent.

See?

Oh, wow, I see indeed!

I haven't thought about locations for my universe, personally. Just dawdling with a town called Witherville, but I might change the name to make more of a reference to weather.

2 hours ago, glitter cartoon said:

so have you seen any good fanfictions recently

I've been reading loads and loads of fanfiction featuring the Iron Man/Black Panther ship; I love those. Especially any that involve marriage cuz T'Challa is such an adorable and sweet husband to Tony.

14 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

What are you most afraid of?

Dogs, insects, isolation against my will, social gatherings where I know no-one, Bendy's smug-ass cardboard cutouts, the future, how people see me aaaaaaand sudden, unexpected noises.

To list a few.

I'm a huge scaredy-cat lol

19 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Why is worldbuilding so much fun?

I mean, it's really just fun to imagine how a world of your own conception plays out as you continue to put pieces together and occasionally rearranging them when new ideas come about.

Something like that at least! :D