• Advertisement

Star Wars fans start campaign to remake The Last Jedi

Clappy

https://www.cnet.com/news/star-wars-fans-start-campaign-to-remake-the-last-jedi/

“Apparently” they have already made over 13 million dollars in this quest to remake the movie.  Their goal is to raise over 200 million and that they allegedly have the backing of some producers to follow through with this.  Now me personally, I doubt they would legally be able to follow through with this since I almost guarantee Disney and Lucasfilms would sue the hell out of them.  I would also consider this an absolute waste of money and everyone’s time to remake such a harmless movie.  Hell I think I actually liked The Last Jedi more than I did The Force Awakens and I don’t get the backlash at all.

But hey, I for one think this a ridiculously amusing, despite being sad, story.  I can’t actually believe they’ve raised that much money to potentially remake this.  Let’s see how far they go before it gets shut down obviously.

• Like 3
  • Happy 1
  • Sad 2
  • God Himself 1

Shit like this, the harassment of Kelly Marie Tran, and how the fandom has acted this year in general really, really makes me hate being a Star Wars fan sometimes.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

im sure they did this for the last jedi basically changing the mytos of the series, which I understand, (tho that never bothered me but it's a discussion for another day) and obviously being all diversive and shit, which is just dumb as hell. This is so pointless and sad, not even prequels had this much backlash. This movie happenned, okay? They should get over themselves.

1 minute ago, Katniss said:

honestly they should donate that money to charity instead of raising money for something that won't happen. Just seems like a waste to me imo.

this should be the resolution.

• Like 1

I wanna see this happen so badly, I doubt they'd get any competent director so it being a mess would admittedly be fun in an ironic sense.  It would have to actively try to be dumber than space Mary Poppins, but I believe something close could happen and if the copyright nazis don't somehow take it down, it'd essentially be multi-million dollar Star Wars Canon Divergence fanfiction and I'm too curious to just ignore that.