• Advertisement

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

Clappy

First teaser trailer just dropped after being in development for five years

Definitely curious as to what leads to this Mad Max/Guardians of the Galaxy (sort of) like post-apocalyptic future for Bricksburg.  Maybe the ten year old boy is now fifteen or sixteen since it’s five years later and it has inspired him to make this sort of adventure since he is now old enough to watch these kinds of movies?  Just a thought.  Can’t wait either way since I love the first movie a lot.

• Like 2

can yall chill out we barely know the plot to W-IR 2 besides the fact that they're going to the internet. i'm sure given disney's current track record that it'll be at least decent/

back to the trailer:

Spoiler

the villain is the sister totally called it.

Edited by kevin

I’m kind of surprised that this isn’t doing well.  But then I thought about it.  Warner Brothers oversaturated the market with animated lego movies.  Three in two years is almost overkill.  Yeah Marvel is makes multiple per year but that’s different since they at least tend to vary themselves per movie.  Each LEGO movie has the same brand of humor and storytelling.  Including this one.

All that being said, I can’t help myself.  I still really enjoy these movies even if it’s the same formula over and over again.  Yet, I do think this is a fall off from the first movie for sure.  The only thing I think this movie did better than the first is the animation.  I was wowed by how much better it got over the first, especially with Queen Watever Wra’Nabi.  What they did with her throughout this movie was impressive.

Everything else though, wasn’t awesome.  Still really good.  The humor was really funny per usual, but there were a lot of jokes that bombed this time around, and some of those bomb jokes prolonged themselves at times, making me wish they would just move on from them.  I loved the moral about the brother and the sister since it hit hard with me due to my childhood upbringing.  I did not see the huge twist coming, it worked.  And I didn’t realize how much I missed animated movies having regular musical numbers.  Granted not all of them were good, nor were as good as “Everything Is Awesome”.  The ones that were good though were amazing in their own right.  Especially “Catchy Song”.  I fucking loved that one the most.  It hasn’t left my head since Monday night.

Yeah, just a really good movie.  I hope we keep getting more LEGO movies in the future, but they definitely need to freshen things up a bit to keep this franchise going.  Hopefully more involvement from Lord and Miller, please?  Even though they only had a writing credit this time around, their impact definitely left a mark and they are on fire right now.

8/10