• Advertisement

cringe thread

Burgerpants

Melanie Martinez was accused of raping her best friend and the best friend came forth about it in like January I think. Although it could be false too since you know, one side of the story like anything else, yet her fans seem to sweep it under the mat and not talk about it. ?‍♀️ 

Pogo is also homophobic, jokingly saying the Orlando gay bar shooting was worth it.

R. Kelly for obvious reasons.

I avoided Chris Brown, too, for a while but gave Freaky Friday a shot since it's not technically a Chris Brown song and loved it.

13 minutes ago, WumboJack Horseman said:

what did smash mouth do

release The Gift of Rock 

oh wait this is non-musical reasons

i will never directly support people like 6ix9ine or kodak black and it lowers my opinion of people when they do. same with chris brown

In regards to the question, I find myself questioning my moral standards when supporting musicians all the time. Let's face it, folks: if you like any rock music from the 60s and 70s, you're gonna run into some bad stories about your favourite artists. I know I have. At some point I think you just gotta learn to be able to enjoy things without necessarily lauding the person who made them. So it's a difficult topic for me for sure. I can say that I find 6ix9ine reprehensible because, well, in addition to the heinous things he did, he just plain sucks as an artist. Same with Kodak Black or Chris Brown or Kid Rock. But when it comes to artists like Aerosmith or Led Zeppelin and some of the bad things they did, well... that's where the lines become a bit blurry for me. It's not the nicest answer to give, but it is an honest one. Basically, what ratio of how much you like the music/how bad are the people who made it are you willing to accept?

I think the one artist I can't get behind no matter how talented he can be is Ted Nugent, though. Fuck that asshole.

• Like 4
  • God Himself 1

9 minutes ago, WumboJack Horseman said:

In regards to the question, I find myself questioning my moral standards when supporting musicians all the time. Let's face it, folks: if you like any rock music from the 60s and 70s, you're gonna run into some bad stories about your favourite artists. I know I have. At some point I think you just gotta learn to be able to enjoy things without necessarily lauding the person who made them. So it's a difficult topic for me for sure. I can say that I find 6ix9ine reprehensible because, well, in addition to the heinous things he did, he just plain sucks as an artist. Same with Kodak Black or Chris Brown or Kid Rock. But when it comes to artists like Aerosmith or Led Zeppelin and some of the bad things they did, well... that's where the lines become a bit blurry for me. It's not the nicest answer to give, but it is an honest one. Basically, what ratio of how much you like the music/how bad are the people who made it are you willing to accept?

I think the one artist I can't get behind no matter how talented he can be is Ted Nugent, though. Fuck that asshole.

Was pretty much getting ready to make a post like this but you nailed it out of the park.

Look it’s tough to separate the artist from the art at times, but you just got to do what feels right to you and how much you as a person can accept because at the end of the day, it’s about what music you like or how much an artist can get away with in your eyes to judge them as a person and as an artist.  I mean I like my fair share of R. Kelly music and hate my fair share too, but I’ve been pretty vocal on plenty of my countdowns about how awful of a person I think he is.  Same goes for Chris Brown, although the more I go back in time, I don’t think I like as much of his music as I thought I did back then before the incident.

And yeah, fuck Ted Nugent.  That’s the perfect example of an artist who’s a terrible person and it shows in his music.

• Like 2

6ix9ine is just...i don't know he just needs to get his "they're magically delicious" lucky charms leprechaun headass out of here fam, things he did just aren't ok...and his music trash anyway, gummo's hook is kinda catchy but that's about it

• Like 1

LostProphets because Ian's a goddamn hellspawn of a human being tbh (thank goodness the other members moved onto a new band, No Devotion, which is actually not too bad.)

R. Kelly because... I think it's obvious :V

Anything under the Lapfox Trax label or whatever due to Renard apparently being a rapist (I don't know if it's false or not anymore, I just know that there was a period where if you were a furry on tumblr who listened to that stuff, you'd get called a rape apologist and all of that sort of stuff). For a while I refused to listen to Melanie Martinez because she allegedly sexually assaulted someone, but it turned that "Timothy" fucker was a lying bitch who just wanted to ruin her image (I can't STAND people pulling stuff like that if you can't' tell). Mainly avoiding this stuff so I don't get eaten alive.

Anything Patrice Wilson touched ever (he was the ARK Music Factory guy). Besides the fact that the music he shat out was terrible, he's just super off-putting and his horrible money-making schemes

There's probably more, but I can't do the thinkythink.

Edited by Esme

Chris Brown is one of the most despicable, unlikable douchebags in all of the music industry. His music is not only the same unoriginal bullcrap about sex, but he never learns his lesson. Doesn't help that a majority of his fanbase is made by asskissers who will excuse him for anything.

Halsey is a pretentious singer who's nowhere near as "artistic" she claims to be. Oh, and the fact that she threw a bitchfit over shampoo. Why exactly is she Wonder Woman again?

Edited by WoahResurrectedCrap22

I could've made a post on here earlier, but I knew I've had to wait before someone like Nugs would make his point across and even make me learn a few things about 6ix9ine and XXXTentacion. Not just musicians, but celebrities doing or having done nefarious things behind the scenes is something that comes up all the time. If there's a particular musicial artist or group that I do not support for their music nor for their well-being, my best example would be that a singer's characteristics would also show in the music that they make. I could name a good chunk of post-grunge acts and call it a day, but I'm going with the strongest example of that type: Puddle of Mudd.

I've always hated Puddle of Mudd's music, especially when it comes to a select few songs where the singer antagonizes an ex-lover. Wes Scantlin has a pretty good laundry list of run-ins with the law, more-so than Kodak and XXX even. A few of the most notorious things that Wes got arrested for include one time, alongside with his ex-fiancee, for domestic violence, twice for the same felony for reportedly dragging his ex-wife around, for destroying a patio with a buzz saw, belonging to one of his neighbors, and just recently last year for attempting to smuggle a gun at an airport. I'm not treating these things like it's somehow the singer's mode of operations, but still, these things very much happened. 

Beside acts like Puddle of Mudd, there are times where I can't support the music from an act no matter if I tried to get into it. Even if I ignore the fact that the frontman of Lostprophets is a sex offender to a massive degree, I still can never see myself enjoying anything from Lostprophets.

Edited by Steel Sponge