• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2018!

Wumbo

Now, while I will say that KKTV is a pretty good episode, I've seen it enough times that it's just not as funny to me. It would still likely make my top 50 but it's just not as worthy of the top 25 to me anymore.

12 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

Unpopular opinion time, "Shanghaied" and "Wet Painters" are VASTLY over-rated! :rolleyes: If you really think CAREFULLY about both of those episodes, they're BOTH just "Shaggy Dog Stories." And I mean that, in the sense that in the vast scheme of things, they don't REALLY contribute anything significant to the "Spongebob Squarepants" canon, other than "Shanghaied" being the first SIGNIFICANT role for the Flying Dutchman. Also, "Christmas Who?" is an okay episode, but I just like the stop-motion Christmas special better. Finally, "The Krusty Krab Training Video" episode ending, WAS "The Soprano's" series ending, six years BEFORE that ending ever came about! o.o Hopefully, the top three episodes will actually BE episodes that will be WORTH all the anticipation that everyone has been hoping for! (Waits to see how many users give me a "Sad" reaction for THIS comment!) :hysterical: Enough said!

Implying this show has continuity

17 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

Unpopular opinion time, "Shanghaied" and "Wet Painters" are VASTLY over-rated! :rolleyes: If you really think CAREFULLY about both of those episodes, they're BOTH just "Shaggy Dog Stories." And I mean that, in the sense that in the vast scheme of things, they don't REALLY contribute anything significant to the "Spongebob Squarepants" canon, other than "Shanghaied" being the first SIGNIFICANT role for the Flying Dutchman. Also, "Christmas Who?" is an okay episode, but I just like the stop-motion Christmas special better. Finally, "The Krusty Krab Training Video" episode ending, WAS "The Soprano's" series ending, six years BEFORE that ending ever came about! o.o Hopefully, the top three episodes will actually BE episodes that will be WORTH all the anticipation that everyone has been hoping for! (Waits to see how many users give me a "Sad" reaction for THIS comment!) :hysterical: Enough said!

wat.

• Sad 1

Dying was an unfortunate victim of me loving a ton of eps and was two spots away from making my list. It's easily one of the best SpongeBob/Squidward interactions with Squidward genuinely caring, only for him to explode in the end about SpongeBob not exploding. Their day trip doing all sorts of wacky hijinks on Sponge's bucket list is great, and the sunset scene is one of the show's best. This could very well make my list next time, and I'll really consider adding it if I can find a good spot.

• Like 1

Dying for Pie is the best episode of Season 2, and not without good reason. The plotline is rather emotional, without getting too caught up in itself and balancing it with great jokes and all of that leads to an overall enjoyable episode all the way through. I wish it could've overtaken the two overrated episodes this year but alas, it just didn't get high enough on the list. Oh well, at least it got up to a good spot and I hope next year it gets even higher, perhaps even up to #1 ;) 

1 minute ago, Wintermelon43 said:

This episode is VASTLY overrated, and it's just a shaggy dog story. Additionally, I've never played any video games based on this episode. I'm disappointed this made the list. ENOUGH SAID

Where's the :rolleyes: and :hysterical:

• Like 1

"Dying for Pie" was SO close to making my list just like "Mimic Madness" and "Can You Spare a Dime?". I would definitely at least put it at #28. This episode just reeks of pure awesomeness, and has all the pieces needed to make a fantastic episode. It has brilliant humor (With scenes like SpongeBob performing heart surgery on Squidward, the ending explosion, as well as the sweater SpongeBob made with his tears), heartwarming moments (especially when SpongeBob and Squidward are watching the Sunset), and of course an added element of darkness, with the whole idea of SpongeBob being about to die after supposedly eating the bomb pie. It is an absolutely brilliant episode and it's nice to see it get a lot of recognition. I think the only reason why this wasn't on my own list was that I've seen this episode so many times, and as a result because I have it nearly 100% memorized it's harder for me to laugh at the comedy compared to some other ones. Regardless though, I still love this episode, and from my own objective standpoint it deserves a spot in the Top 30.

"Dying For Pie" DIDN'T make my list?! o.o (Rushes outside to SCREAM loudly at the stupid oversight!) Rant portion: Sorry, I had to get that out of my system, but this has been my WORST year for contributing episodes that has actually APPEARED on this list! :rolleyes: I contributed 4 brand new episodes that I REALLY wanted to comment on if they appeared on this list, and with only two left, it's highly obvious to me that not a single ONE of my new episodes that I wanted to comment on will APPEAR on this list! I feel like there should be a new rule, like on "Real Time With Bill Maher." From now on, all SBC users MUST submit only 30 pre-movie episodes, and combine them with 30 post-movie episodes, so we don't get this one-sided pre-movie fest that EVERY single user only wants to see the exact SAME episodes we've ALL seen on this list a MILLION times! Rant portion over. In all seriousness, "Dying for Pie" is a REALLY great episode, and shows that Squidward, deep, deep, deep, DEEP down, really DOES care about Spongebob's happiness, even if it's only because Squidward thinks that Spongebob is going to DIE because of Squidward! Most of the activities are pretty funny; I think the only thing that prevented this episode from appearing on my list was the open heart surgery gag. In any case, this episode probably has the best brick joke in "Spongebob Squarepants" history, as OF COURSE, Spongebob wanted to SAVE the pie to share with Squidward, and the pie ends up EXPLODING in Squidward's face, resulting in laser guided karma!

Well, here's hoping we have one more good episode, and what will INEVITABLY be "Band Geeks" at #1, like it ALWAYS is!

Enough said!

• Confused 6
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, 4EverGreen said:

I feel like there should be a new rule, like on "Real Time With Bill Maher." From now on, all SBC users MUST submit only 30 pre-movie episodes, and combine them with 30 post-movie episodes, so we don't get this one-sided pre-movie fest that EVERY single user only wants to see the exact SAME episodes we've ALL seen on this list a MILLION times! Rant portion over.

Says the guy who only puts episodes he expects to make the best list on his best list

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Honestly, I'd be really, REALLY shocked if the top 2 are not both "Band Geeks" and "Chocolate With Nuts". While I can't say for sure which one will come out as #1 (Though I'm hoping it's CWN), I can say with confidence that they're gonna be the final two on the list.

38 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

I feel like there should be a new rule, like on "Real Time With Bill Maher." From now on, all SBC users MUST submit only 30 pre-movie episodes, and combine them with 30 post-movie episodes, so we don't get this one-sided pre-movie fest that EVERY single user only wants to see the exact SAME episodes we've ALL seen on this list a MILLION times! 

Hide contents

Well, here's hoping we have one more good episode, and what will INEVITABLY be "Band Geeks" at #1, like it ALWAYS is!

Enough said!

Should I let this speak for itself?

If you want a 50/50 split and a lack of repeats, then don't put Band Geeks number one because that is literally the most counterproductive thing to that cause. ENOUGH SAID! :swag:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't name 30 good post-movie episodes of Spongebob (the best written post-movie eps do not stand up against Cartoon Network's content. Enough said! ;) )

Do you want me to LIE, 4EverGreen? ? Party Pooper Pants will be number 1 on this list before the episodes you prefer.

Now that I'm done with that TANGENT.....In a perfect world, Dying for Pie wins over the two coming after this. I'm dying for some new flavor too.

• Wow 1
  • God Himself 2

Seriously though, calm down with the dog-piling on 4EG just for stating his opinion or constructing his lists a certain way. We've been through the motions of this disagreement enough times to know that it's not going to go anywhere. At the end of the day this is a list ranking SpongeBob episodes and not anything that serious. You are liable to receive warning points if you cannot help yourself. Thank you! :sbdance2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8