• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2018!

Wumbo

"Mid-Life Crustacean" was another episode segment that I was torn about. I ended up putting "Shell of a Man" on my list, just because I thought it was a slightly stronger Mr. Krabs episode segment, but I'm glad that this episode segment got on the list! :D And of course, the gag with all of Mr. Krabs food stuff being made out of bran, as well as the giant pill (I wonder if that's where Nintendo got the idea to make one of Dr. Mario's special attacks, be a GIANT pill?!), those gags get me every time, as well as the blinker on Mr. Krabs' back, the screaming by Spongebob and Patrick; "Hanging out?" Patrick looks at his extended gut and says: "Yes." The "Are you feeling it now, Mr. Krabs?"; gags. And of course, getting the Panty raid gag past the censors! :hysterical: "Survival of the Idiots" is another funny episode segment, but not one that I would personally put on my list, because I just felt that Spongebob and Patrick were acting TOO stupid in that episode, even if that was the whole POINT of the plot! :rolleyes: They could have DONE something where they DIDN'T antagonize Sandy Cheeks, and humiliate her by shaving off her FUR! o.o Enough said! ;)

No Weenies Allowed: A very funny episode from Season 3. Darn it, how'd I forget to put this on my list? It's one of the best Season 3 episodes out of those that rely heavily on humour (there's slightly better in the season but... eh).

Mid-Life Crustacean: Another funny episode. I love how satirical they were about the whole situation and there was some great humour (the graveyard for instance and let's not forget about the panty raid).

Survival of the Idiots: As with the above two, a very funny episode. How did I forget about this one also? It's definitely one of the best Sandy-oriented episodes.

No Weenies Allowed is a Divine Wario/10 episode. It was really close to making my list, it's one of those episodes that really captures what comedic SpongeBob does well.

Mid-Life Crustacean and Survival of the Idiots are both Jumping Waluigi/10 episodes. Survival used to be in my top 25 but has dropped out since, still both are classics.

• God Himself 1

hey look i saw my name hahah yes

also how in the world did i forget no weenies allowed on my list that probably would've at least been like 15 if i had remembered

Pranks a Lot: Just a decentish episode honestly. Defitenly one of the weaker pre-movie episodes and defitenly not deserving of the best list IMO

Pranks a Lot (#34)

Valentine's Day (#50) 

Squid's Day Off (#43)

Mid-Life Crustacean (#36) 

Employee of the Month (#40)

Survival of the Idiots (#35)

Something Smells (#39)

The Great Snail Race (#45) (Might be higher but whatever)

Rock Bottom (#49) 

Clams (#41)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

50: ???

49: Club Spongebob (#42)

48: ???

47: ???

46: My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

45: ??? 

44: ???

43: ???

42: Big Pink Loser (#38)

41: ???

40: ???

39: ???

38: ???

37: Squidville (#47)

36: ???

35: ???

34: ???

33: ???

32: ???

31: ???

30: ???

29: ???

28: ???

27: F.U.N (#48)

26: ???

25: ???

24: ???

23: No Weenies Allowed (#37)

22: ???

21: ???

20: ???

19: ???

18: ???

17: ???

16: ???

15: ???

14: ???

13: ???

12: ???

11: ???

10: ???

9: ???

8: ???

7: ???

6: ???

5: ???

4: ???

3: ???

2: ???

1: ???

6/50, 1/25

• Happy 1

LIVE NUDE PRANKSTERS

but really i just absolutely love everything that this one has to offer. its jokes upon jokes that work (especially the ghost! ghost! toast! bit) and ive never gotten the hate for the ending which i find to be a hilarious bit of karma. it also gave us this screencap. 

spongebob-prostitution-joke-2.jpg

sorry trophy, this one's excellent 

• Happy 2
  • Sad 1
  • God Himself 4

Pranks a Lot: Yet another good episode from Season 3. Sorry Trophy, but this episode is really funny. With lines like "Toast" to the ending with "Live Nude Pranksters", there's a lot of great moments in this episode. However, it didn't make my list.

• Sad 1

This used to be in the top 30 so I'll take anything that I can get but putting this episode this high will forever be taken as a personal attack. The beginning was fine but after they got the spray the only funny thing was the toast guy, and I never liked the ending as a kid and never will, thank god it's not the last episode because that'd leave such a bad taste. Do I hate it too much? Maybe, but trying to remain completely neutral it's still not anywhere near deserving of the top 50. There are tons of other comedic ones and this one doesn't stand out at all. I legitimately laughed more during at least every other pre-movie episode and it does suck a bit to see them overshadowed for this.

• Sad 7

SpongeBob and Patrick’s prank is a devious and enjoyable one and it’s pretty entertaining to see the scared reactions of all their friends. The scene at the Krusty Krab is a riot too. I like all the ridiculous stuff Mr. Krabs puts on himself to drive away the ghosts, and how his failed attempts to escape get creatively thwarted by SpongeBob and Patrick. The ending is extremely gratifying too. The “live nude pranksters” get just the right amount of punishment.

50. ???

49. ???

48. ???

47. ???

46. ???

45. ???

44. ???

43. ???

42. ???

41. ???

40. ???

39. ???

38. ???

37. ???

36. ???

35. ???

34. ???

33. ???

32. ???

31. Clams (#41)

30. ???

29. ???

28. ???

27. ???

26. ???

25. ???

24. Big Pink Loser (#38)

23. ???

22. ???

21. ???

20. Something Smells (#39)

19. ???

18. ???

17. Squid's Day Off (#43)

16. ???

15. ???

14. Valentine's Day (#50)

13. ???

12. ???

11. ???

10. ???

9. ???

8. ???

7. ???

6. ???

5. ???

4. My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

3. ???

2. ???

1. ???

Not on List:

Rock Bottom (#49)

F.U.N. (#48)

Squidville (#47)

The Great Snail Race (#45)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Club SpongeBob (#42)

No Weenies Allowed (#37)

Pranks a Lot (#34)

Pranks a Lot is good and silly, but I wouldn't call it top 50 worthy. It's just a decently funny way to end the pre-movie era. Then again, seeing as how it made the worst list a few years back and that was definitely far more undeserving, I suppose it's nice to see the episode get even just a little bit more positive recognition.

So, we are finally getting to the point in this list where my picks for a cartoon episode are being shown as the top pick, and this is the first one that comes up?! o.o That doesn't give me a good sign as to what will happen for the rest of the picks that I have chosen, for inclusion into this list. In any case, I love this episode segment, and I always will. A lot of people complain that Spongebob and Patrick are just naive and stupid. But if you REALLY think about it, the fact that Spongebob and Patrick were able to bust into Sandy's tree-dome, bring in her old lamp, all those PORTRAITS of Patrick; then gluing the door of the Krusty Krab shut, replacing all the glass of the Krusty Krab restaurant with rubber, all WITHOUT either Sandy or Mr. Krabs noticing these events before-hand, just goes to show that Spongebob and Patrick CAN be really smart, when given the right motivation! :D And compared to the psychological torment that Spongebob and Patrick gave to everyone in Bikini Bottom, I'd say Mr. Krabs actually let Spongebob and Patrick off EASY! :rolleyes: After all, Mr. Krabs could have very EASILY done something malicious and physically hurtful to Spongebob and Patrick, but instead, just decided to humiliate them. It just goes to show you, that you should NEVER try to press Mr. Krabs' berserk button! :hysterical: I can't wait to see what other episodes make this list! :cool: Enough said! ;)

Edited by 4EverGreen
Spelling error, fixed it.
  • Happy 1
  • Sad 1

33. "Acting alone, we're powerless. But united, the Plankton family could be a real pain in the fanny!"

Image result for plankton's army

Plankton's Army, 90 points

(5 of 32 lists. 1 #1 vote - WhoBob)

http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Plankton's_Army

WhoBob: This episode has every right to be on this list that I'd even argue that it's at least top 20 worthy. It's the best episode ever for me and It's weird that of all episodes I can think of, I love this one the most. I always choose the most emotionally impactful episode from my shows but this episode isn't that. I always come back to this for one particular reason. Plankton. He's my favorite character in this show and the one that hasn't been ruined the slightest for me. Why would he be ruined? He's a villain. Make him a jerk all you want but in the end, he has always been a comedic foe (and a pathetic one) of this show. This episode gives Plankton the most screentime and it explains perfectly why Plankton's the way he is. He's a loser who has the smartest brain in the ocean that can actually do some good with his gadgets and hell, he can even start his own company but instead, he has this petty hatred towards a successful business crab. His goal has always been stealing a secret ingrident of an unhealthy fast food. Everytime he fails because he can't think of anything to be good at. He has a fucking montage of every moment of his failure that even his wife laughs at it. Why wouldn't she? Plankton's the most petty criminal ever and that's what I love about him. He's an obsessed person that wanna have some successful restaurant and his entire reason for world domination is all because he wants to feel superior to everyone else. It's an unique character trait and this episode gave some of the most hilarious bits on him.

Another reason why he loses is that jis deal has always been "a lone wolf", even when Karen backs him up. After countless defeats, he actually changes that behaviour to get some help from people. First time he does that with big, muscular and mean fishes but he fails because he's just a tiny insect to people. Plankton has always been looked down (no pun intended) by people. Literally the only people that can help him are people in his size. His relatives. You could have a whole episode with Plankton and his genius relatives taking down a fast food restaurant but that would have felt a bit predictable. What this episode did was make some twist and turns. It makes Plankton's relatives bunch of rednecks and redneck jokes work because they are complete opposite to the bright (but egotistical) mind of Plankton. They are so naive, friendly and helpful and those aspects make them incredibly hilarious. It's a big cherry on top when we find out Plankton's name is some generic name called "Sheldon" (no offense to people with Sheldon name) and Karen, a computer wife laughs at it. Honestly it shouldn't have been that funny but it is. I can't stop laughing at Karen showing Plankton's name on her monitor and everyone laughs at him for it. Plankton is butt monkey of everyone.

When Plankton plugs Karen, he finally asks them to steal the formula but Plankton's relatives asks him for something in return. I liked that they aren't just some guillible characters, even if they are redneck stereotypes. Of course their request is root beer cuz why not? Plankton finally has the advantage of taking down Mr. Krabs because despite the size, Plankton has more allies than Mr. Krabs have. Plankton's laugh towards Mr. Krabs' oblivious comment was the greatest laugh in the show's history and one of my favorite moments ever because Plankton finally feels superior and we actually believe he can win. And jokes on you, he does win because of his relatives. But truth is that it was a fake one! And what is said in the formula literally drives Plankton and his relatives away in the most hilarious way possible, especially when one of his cousins Clem doesn't know how to read but he run away because Mr. Krabs told him to do so. Imagine any other episode and If Plankton used his relatives' help, he would actually win because the formula has always been in Mr. Krabs' safe. If we excude the first movie, Plankton could have actually gotten the formula this time but he couldn't because just like how people looked down on Plankton, Plankton underestimates everyone else. That's his flaw, his entire humor and personality. Plankton has an obsession on power and control and that'll always be the reason of Plankton's fall.

The episode ends with SpongeBob appearing without a clue and Mr. Krabs running to his house because Squidward guesses the place of the formula. I mentioned in my other commentary on this episode before and I'll mention it again. SpongBob having minimal screentime made this episode so charming. It's occasionally great when the show benefits from lack of the main character and it uses recurring characters to add more depth into them. It's one of the reasons why this episode felt so special to me.

To sum it up, why is this episode my all-time favorite? Aside from giving me the best laughs and the most enjoyment ever? Because it's a perfect character study on one of my favorite characters of all media. No SpongeBob or Patrick. It's all about Plankton being Plankton and no other episode has done it better in my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Happy 2
  • God Himself 1

Felicitations, malefactor episodes! I am endeavoring to add amazing episodes to the best list for the preparation of rightly opinionated best lists! Who will join me!?!

I don't get it Karen. Whenever I open up the best list, it always ends up being another great episode that didn't make my list

I don't actually mind this btw, just wanted to make my typical "great episode that missed my list" post more interesting

Pranks a Lot (#34)

Valentine's Day (#50) 

Squid's Day Off (#43)

Plankton's Army (#33)

Employee of the Month (#40)

Something Smells (#39)

The Great Snail Race (#45) (Might be higher but whatever)

Rock Bottom (#49) 

Clams (#41)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

50: ???

49: Club Spongebob (#42)

48: ???

47: ???

46: My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

45: ??? 

44: ???

43: ???

42: Big Pink Loser (#38)