• Advertisement

ThunderCats Roar

So Sejima

CN decided to give another ThunderCats reboot a chance despite being the ones to purposefully ditch a 2011 reboot which was apparently doing quite well on its' own...and then the artstyle for this one seems to be following their TTG/Ben10/OK KO trend

I can't say I'm looking too forward to this at all, but it could always surprise. ?

The series is finally coming to CN this month on the 22nd, though the first few episodes were already released online last month. I can now safely say that this looks dense af, but hey, it's at least coming off better than the original response garnered from the teaser back in 2018, whereas folks took from heart, OF ALL PEOPLE, a term coined by John Kricfalusi to condemn the series and its art style...right? Is it still going to be worth that 1.3/10 IMDb rating that it had?

Sooooooooooooooo

Ummmmmmmmmmm

This new series has, unsurprisingly, caused some more drama on the internet, and this time, TTG is involved by way of a recent crossover episode with TCR. In a nutshell, the episode threw shade at those who hated the TCR, and the original Lion-O appeared at the very end to rub some more salt on the wound to say that these sort of people, in the words of the character, "has a poop mouth and poop opinions." See the clip for yourselves:

Knowing the nature of TTG, this really shouldn't be taken that seriously, but people are going to do just that no matter what, and I can't blame anyone who is pissed about this. I'll leave it up to your own perception if the blame should be put on the TCR staff, the TTG staff, or CN's staff for this issue, but I think what matters right now is that this is quite a big nail on TCR's coffin, although the rumor that TCR was already cancelled has begun spreading, evidenced by some Twitter accounts from those who worked on the show have done so previously, according to their bios.

facts ^

this show is whatever, tired of these comedies where a lot of it is "Random" or everyone's the same character that's inconsistent, immature and stupid. It's been done too many times. Wish there was some more smart, dialogue-written animation and had good written, unique characters. Everything feels pretty same-y nowadays and not as unique. Maybe some stuff on Disney and Mao Mao, but everything else either is mediocre, fell off or just straight trash in my eyes.