• Advertisement

Hunter x Hunter

I think it was a matter of time before I create thread for this anime/manga series here. I've been loving this series since I started reading the manga and right now, I'm well into the Chimera Ant Arc for both the anime and manga. The characters, the writing, the dark undertones...it's a very different kind of series from the Shonen demographic, so there's quite a lot that I like about HxH.

And yeah, there's also the manga's constant hiatuses, but I can't complain because I'm not all caught up yet (and I'm usually patient and I'm unlike the type of fan who accuses Togashi for being lazy whatever chance the fan gets and not because I've also gotten the tendency to put my spin-offs on hold for long periods of time...)

I shouldn't be the only one who's into this series. Feel free to discuss your thoughts here.

Its definitely a great anime. I really enjoyed the battles in the series and the whole use of Nen. Killua and Gon are likeable characters and I liked how the story turns darker over time. It might feel different from other mainstream shonen animes, but its definitely worth watching it.

Brilliant, brilliant series, one of the best in my opinion. I love how complex the cast of characters is, how no one is "a hero or a villain", how deep the writing goes, where all the possibilities are considered before anyone makes a decision in the story and some horrifyingly dark (and occasionally even spiritual) themes are explored, and how suspenseful the fighting scenes are, where the characters always have to find a way to see through the unique trick their opponent is pulling. I am completely up to speed with the manga, which was so good that it got me to watch the anime up until the Greed Island arc...and read some of Yu Yu Hakusho. I'm serious, I really appreciate Yoshihiro Togashi now. I get why people have been frustrated with the slow pace the manga has been coming out at, but so long as the guy continues to show in his work the care he has for quality content, I am for him all the way. 

• Like 3