• Advertisement

232a. Mustard O'Mine

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Episode Rating

• 5/5 Mustards: I've struck mustard!
    • 4/5 Mustards: Let's take the elevator!
    • 3/5 Mustards: Yeah, you're standing right there.
    • 2/5 Mustards: DId you use up all me mustard!?
    • 1/5 Mustards: You nitwits, how will we get out now!?

j6F0UoA.png

Premieres: 

Thursday, May 10th @ 7:00pm ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, May 12th @ 10:00am ET/PT

Saturday, May 12th @ 3:30pm ET/PT

Plot:

When the Krusty Krab runs out of mustard, Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward to dig up some more.

Clips:

N/A

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Confused 1

Random thoughts regarding this episode segment:

When did the Krusty Krab get an underground mustard mine?! o.o Furthermore, how can you mine mustard?! Mustard comes from FLOWERS, not from the ground! :rolleyes: (I'm just being pedantic, it's JUST a cartoon!) :hysterical:

There's the crazy miner guy from "The Wild Ones" again, but it looks like he's gone blind in one eye, now; just like his mother!

Glad to see that Squidward doesn't get treated TOO badly in this episode segment (compared to the LAST one!)

Apparently, Bikini Bottom has an underground train/subway system! :cool:

Loved the unaccompanied minors gag! :D

The escalator gags were kind of random.

As it turns out, Straw Man DID have a point! There WAS too much mustard pressure underneath the ground!

There WAS a mummy, it just wasn't part of a curse! /

I guess I'd give this episode an 8 out of 10. Enough said! ;)

This episode was okay, but nothing special. It was certainly better than the previous episode, but that's not a difficult task to accomplish. I did like a few things such as Squidward's "I don't give a flying fish" line and when he saved Patrick in the mines. However, the episode does feel a bit "been there, done that" at points as we've had the underground theme before, and "Chum Caverns" was the much better "underground episode" for sure. That kind of causes the episode to feel a bit unremarkable unfortunately. The plot also felt pretty bare bones, and there wasn't much else to make up for it. It was overall just kind of a "there" episode for me. Not bad or anything, but doesn't really stand out and will probably escape my memory banks by the time the season is over.

Grade: C+

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2

I just watched this, and thought it was awesome! I actually lol'd mutiple times (espeacially at the escalator gags), and that really says something. To me it feels like it could have been a season 3 episode. The jokes were that good, and the characters were that well written. We actually see Squidward caring about Patrick, Patrick taking Squidwards place in the 'fight' with the old dude, and we see the three of them working together, with still being true to all of the awesome characters traits. Whatever Kaz crushed with last episode, he gained it all back for me

Edited by BeachBob95

An alright episode from Kaz after the dumpster fire that is Ink Lemonade. The mine settings have been used before, so this episode didn't feel as interesting to me and some of gags felt flat like the unnecessary Patrick fading or the dumb elevator gag but the episode was entertaining at some points and it gave me a few chuckles. The episode was nothing bad, it was just there.

Grade: B-

This is quite a good episode, nothing great or anything but pretty solid. The location here is really cool and unique, and there were multiple funny jokes with it such as the escalators. Yeah sorry this is short but I literally saw this episode like once so...

8/10

After the dumpster fire from the night before, I was sort of afraid that this episode wouldn't turn out much better (seeing as how that episode and this episode were both written by the same person) but I was pleasantly surprised by this one. While the plot isn't anything overly special, a lot of the episode is just fun. There were great jokes like the "unaccompanied minors" line, the visuals were superb and overall it's just a well-structured episode. While there were some points later on where they did sort of have to tone down the wackiness, it didn't affect me that much. The strange old miner who appears in this episode is an alright character, nothing special but nothing horrible either. In the end, this episode is just a great time, and while there were some points that I didn't like that much (there was a gag involving Patrick's brain a la The Fish Bowl), I can safely say that this would rank at about an 8/10; it's a GOOD episode.

What was your favorite part of the episode

The part where you poromised you wont do it again

Edited by RDSP

This was a funny and fresh episode. I enjoyed some of the jokes like with the miners and minors, the escalators, and the old miner guy who said there was a curse. But since when was there a mine for condiments? It's kind of odd, but funny nonetheless. I also enjoyed the train scene.

Overall, A+. Nothing bad about it.