• Advertisement

231b. Ink Lemonade

Jjs Goodman

Episode Rating  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Lemonades: We love the source!
    • 4/5 Lemonades: I'll just have to scare the ink out of him!
    • 3/5 Lemonades: I can't tell what's real anymore...
    • 2/5 Lemonades: I will not!
    • 1/5 Lemonades: Yuck.

7 hours ago, Klu said:

Honestly, this

I just don't get how current crew can slip-up like that, they clearly can make a good show on the regular basis

It's not like season 7 or 8 where people clearly lacked any passion for what they doing

Last statement I think isn't true. If the crew in 6-8 had no passion, Hello Bikini Bottom Not Normal, BGCFV among others would not exist. They were probably rushed (50 eps in 1 year is too much for any show). 4 and 5 turned out decent and were made by the same crew, so I have to believe more episode orders resulted in lower quality. Same with this Season, 50 eps are a lot, which some people forget, so some eps Mau get skipped over, but these eps have the benefit of good animation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hippythehippo said:

Last statement I think isn't true. If the crew in 6-8 had no passion, Hello Bikini Bottom Not Normal, BGCFV among others would not exist. They were probably rushed (50 eps in 1 year is too much for any show). 4 and 5 turned out decent and were made by the same crew, so I have to believe more episode orders resulted in lower quality. Same with this Season, 50 eps are a lot, which some people forget, so some eps Mau get skipped over, but these eps have the benefit of good animation.

Well, 50 episodes is an issue, but even with slip-ups (that are generally not that bad in comparison to seasons 6-8), there's a lot more quality episodes that outnumber mediocre ones, which in retrospect makes seasons 6 to 8 even worse, as there were a lot of episodes, that were not infamously bad, but just boring and humorless, and while a tight schedule could affect that, it doesn't mean that isn't supposed to be at least SOME effort put in those episodes. (infamous Plankton disguises himself trilogy from season 7, for example) While post-sequel pushing expressive animation and visual gags a lot more than ever before, except for the first movie, I can at least see that crew understands the show that they working on, while generally post-movie just don't. And I don't say that those seasons lacked any quality episodes, heck, "Not Normal" one of my personal favorites in the entire show, it's just doesn't mean that crew lacked any passion by that point. They were clearly burned out by the end of season 5. It's just that they were burned out more and more, with each passing season. 

"Hello Bikini Bottom" is kinda unfair example, as this episode was a "farewell" from Aaron Springer, he clearly wanted to finish his work on this show with a bang.

also I now realized that "Goodbye, Krabby Patty" is the perfect metaphor for those seasons 

1 hour ago, Coffee_lover said:

I can’t believe that I’m used to this that this episode is 2/10 worthy

Number of good episodes that come after this probably helped

Ok. Just watched it in full.

Ink Lemonade...is not as bad as you people are saying it is. Sure, Patrick is being a dick to Squidward, people are drinking Squidward's bodily fluid, and Patrick's gross armpit are reasons to give this a 1/5 or D-, but I did kind of enjoy the disgusting humor. I wanted Patrick to lose at the end (same as BeachBob) since he was being a dick to Squidward, but I can kind of understand that this is just like if Squidward used Patrick's band-aids or something and put them into a blender and sold it as tea. Kind of like revenge? But Patrick's too dumb to do that...maybe I'm thinking too outside of the box. I also didn't like Patrick imitating Squidward in 60 years. That's just depressing.

Anyways, Ink Lemonade isn't worth a D- or 1/5, but there are significant reasons to hate it. I really don't know how they shit out this episode at full force but created other great episodes in Season 11. I'd give the episode a C+. I hated parts of it, but it's not worth a 1/5 or lower.

• Confused 6

This is one of the worst episodes of the series IMO, It's my third least favorite episode. So many people have already stated why this episode is awful, so I won't make anything long, but I'll say that it has absolutetly horrible squid abuse caused by Patrick being a cmplete sadistic jerk in his worst appearance yet, while the episode tries to be obnoxious with the microphone gag.

0/10 (maybe 0.5/10)

I'll make a bigger explanation when I make my bottom 75 worst episodes thread.

I'm a thousand years late ik

Ok that might've actually been the worst episode of SpongeBob I've ever seen. I mean holy shit what a mess. 

- The facial animations were way too over the top for modern SpongeBob. They belonged more in Season 6, back in two thousand and late 2008.

- Ok to piggyback off the last statement, the animations in general were just terrible.

- Patrick was such a jerk to Squidward for what? Money? Popularity? Success? What is he, Eugene now? But for real what the hell Pat? As Patrick has always been my favorite, this protrayal angers me.

- The ink was gross and over the top. I'm not as much of a wimp  as disturbed by grossout humor as I used to be, but it didn't work for me still.

- There was not a single, solitary funny moment for me in this episode. Not one. Even the past worsts have gotten some sort of laugh out of me, but not here.

I could write a whole lot more, but I think you get the idea: This episode is terrible, no good and very bad I felt. Early contender for #1 my 2019 worst list.

Grade: F

• Like 5

I think that this episode would be very well received if it were a Gintama episode (Gintama is an adult comedy anime that has episodes that are grosser than this episode)

And I actually liked this episode, I found the gross out humor and the wacky animation funny, I didn't expected this episode to be that good to me, and I don't mind at all the problems that people says about this episode

Edited by josemiguex
  • God Himself 3

On 5/10/2018 at 5:38 PM, fortnitefan12 said:

Omg guys this was the BEST Spongebob episode ever! Even better than OCM or even APFG. The parts where Patrick was scaring Squidward for the ink were hilarious XD And the part where Squidward spit out spiders at the end was amazing 

Final rating: 1000/10

On 5/10/2018 at 6:02 PM, Cream said:

Wow, people actually hate this episode? I'm amazed. Seriously, Squidward deserved every ounce of torture he received from Patrick, fuck him. Also, Squidward squirting ink from his nose turned me the fuck on. I had a mad orgasm throughout, and those spiders he spit out at the end....... Goddamn.........

I fucking loved this episode, much better than any episode from Season 6 or 7. 10/10.

m7dBh26.jpg

• God Himself 4