• Advertisement

231b. Ink Lemonade

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Lemonades: We love the source!
    • 4/5 Lemonades: I'll just have to scare the ink out of him!
    • 3/5 Lemonades: I can't tell what's real anymore...
    • 2/5 Lemonades: I will not!
    • 1/5 Lemonades: Yuck.

RqHh9O4.png

Premieres: 

Wednesday, May 9th @ 7:00pm ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, May 12th @ 11:15am ET/PT

Sunday, May 13th @ 9:15am ET/PT

Plot:

Patrick's lemonade stand is unsuccessful until he gets a secret ingredient from Squidward.

Clips:

N/A

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Happy 1
  • Sad 1

It was repetitive with bits like the megaphones continuing the trend this week after My Leg being shouted yesterday, Patrick continued to be awful, and this rivals One Coarse Meal in terms of "let's spend the entire episode scaring another character when it isn't funny at all". I should not be getting One Coarse Meal vibes from the newer episodes. This was an utter trainwreck and is easily in my bottom 25.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I decided to give this a watch, and uh...

...this was legit disturbing. The great lengths that Patrick goes with scaring Squidward, locking him up in a prison-like chamber away from the outside world is, not a pretty sight.

This is probably going to be in my Top 25 worst. Jesus christ. 

1/10

karl hadrika was involved in this. lets all shed a tear

Edited by President Squidward
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't felt this squeamish after an episode of SpongeBob since Battle of Bikini Bottom, though I wouldn't call this episode more gross than BoBB, but it's right up there. Probably would have been grosser if the ink was coming out Squidward's other end. The only funny bits I can think of during the episode were Patrick's innards talking and the haunted house, but that's it (Yeah, I still have that  sick sense of humor that keeps me from hating One Coarse Meal). The ending pretty much ruined the entire thing for me. I'm really afraid of spiders and that cookie thing just nearly made me sick, more so than the rest of the episode did. So not a really good episode that'll go with my other disliked episodes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This episode was bad mainly because of Patrick being so OOC there. How could he scare Squidward repeatedly so that he gets more ink? Even at the beginning I didn't like Patrick's "dumber than usual" behaviour. I also didn't like the megaphone gag. It was too repetitive and unnecessary. This episode looked interesting judging by the plot, but it was a huge disappointment after I watched it. 4/10.

• Thanks 1

this is diguesting, garbage gross out from me watching this. Like jesus fucking christ, why the hell would you make an episode about Patrick abusing Squidward just to get his ink for his lemonade? are you kidding me? Kaz, as much i loved your writing, but this is gone evem worss than Man Ray Returns. Not only this episode has so many annoying stuff coming out like Face Freeze-esque, but also did poor good job copying OCM. Holy shit!

I never seen how this is gonna me feel sitting through watching poor Squidward gets bad treatment. Patrick's OOC did reminds from s6-level. None of the jokes works it just gross, disgusting and disturbing  episode to watch..actually on second though THIS is new The Splinter of this episode in my honest opinion.

it may be awful as OCM but this is just horrible to watch through

Final Grade: Fuck this episode!

• Like 6
  • Happy 1
  • Thanks 2

I think this episode goes to show that even with a classic SpongeBob writer behind the wheel, no episode can be perfect. This episode is far from perfect. Maybe I do exaggerate my hate on episodes like Pat the Horse but like Man Ray Returns, this episode is just.............horrendous. At least Man Ray Returns was light-hearted despite my opinion on the episode. This was just too uncomfortable to watch. I legitimately think that this episode is as bad and probably even worse than any of the bad episodes from Season 6/7.

I think the only correct way to describe this episode is "Squid's Visit and One Coarse Meal's illegitimate love child". I have total apathy towards the new episodes but even I would watch the least interesting episode in this season over episodes like this.

0/10

EDIT: Okay, "Stuck in the Wringer" still exists but you get my point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I haven't seen the episode yet, but yeah...this feels more like something out of say, seasons 6-8 rather than season 11. More Ren and Stimpy-esque shock/grossout rather than the humor close to the first few seasons.

I am not enthused to watch this.

felt like it was written for hyperactive, loud and somewhat violent young children which is probably was. if you're gonna write a character be a victim, at least at the end let them win at the end or something. That was just painful and like a lot of eps, passable.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cha♡ said:

if you're gonna write a character be a victim, at least at the end let them win at the end or something.

Or, at the very least give them a reason to be a victim (i.e. they did something wrong and they're getting their just desserts). Like say, Squidward sabotaged Patrick's lemonade stand, and he basically gets tortured because karma's a female dog, to put it politely.

• Like 1

Although the ending part with Squidward sneezing on everyone and him spitting out spiders was very nasty, I thought this was a good, original scary episode. The dungeon especially was an entertaining and cool part for me. And although I would've rather seen Patrick losing at the end, I can forgive the ending, since Squidward was being mean to him before. This episode was funny and cool to me. The fact that I like it may have to do with low expectations because of reading very negative reviews before watching it. 

Edited by BeachBob95
  • Happy 1
  • Sad 1
  • Confused 2