• Advertisement

230b. Bottle Burglars

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Bottles: Okay, let's go get that formula!
    • 4/5 Bottles: See, this is fun!
    • 3/5 Bottles: Just don't blow it this time.
    • 2/5 Bottles: That's a trashcan, you nitwit.
    • 1/5 Bottles: The formula...is gone.

0ZqN9iO.png

Premieres: 

Friday, April 13th @ 6:30pm ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, April 14th @ 10:15am ET/PT

Sunday, April 15th @ 8:45am ET/PT

Plot:

When SpongeBob and Squidward accidentally let Plankton steal the secret formula, it is up to them to steal it back.

Clips:

N/A

Edited by Boomhauer
  • Like 1

Good episode, even if a few things in this episode seemed like they were kinda skittering logic (the time lock on the formula bottle and the safe happening to have trash in it), I just went whatever due to cartoon logic and rolled with it. I loved all the callbacks to previous episodes, which included:

• Spot returning again, and still cute as ever.
  • Mr. Krabs' first dollar from "Wet Painters" appearing again.
  • Squidward's claustrophobia from "Wishing You Well" being mentioned again.
  • Plankton wearing his genie outfit from "Spin the Bottle"

Squidward and SpongeBob's team up and exploration of the Chum Bucket was entertaining, I liked how we finally got to see more of it other than the main room and laboratory. The pacing was on point again too, nothing felt rushed. I guess my only real problem is I feel the ending with Krabs was a bit of a copout after all that build-up, but it was kind of amusing, so I didn't mind it that much.

Grade: B+

Edited by Boomhauer
  • Like 3

A really great episode. I'm always a fan of the SpongeBob/Squidward centric episodes. The two of them teaming up and exploring the Chum Bucket was entertaining, and it was great to see what the rest of the inside looked like (Karen was funny in this episode as well. It was also great to see Spot again. I kinda saw the ending coming with Mr. Krabs fixing everything, but I still really enjoyed it.

The only reason WHY the bottle had the cork time lock on it, was so Plankton couldn't JUST open the bottle! :rolleyes: Remember, if Plankton ever actually READ the Krabby Patty Secret Formula, that would END this series! :evil: Also, did we REALLY need to see Bubble Bass doing his 'business' in the bathroom?! :blush: 'Spoiler' alert: I don't think so! At least with this episode, when Squidward gets hurt in the booby-trapped room in the Chum Bucket, it technically ISN'T Spongebob's fault. After all, how is SPONGEBOB supposed to know which tiles activate which traps?! :hysterical: Nice to see Karen's kissing face return again, and the first time we've SEEN Plankton and Karen's bedroom! :DSpot's return appearance was cute as well! :cool: Also, who knew that Karen was a sleep-walker (or a sleep-roller, since she gets around on wheels). I kind of figured that Mr. Krabs would be able to get the Krabby Patty Formula back EASILY, but Squidward should have REALLY looked inside the trash can BEFORE he dumped trash on it, and he SHOULDN'T have dumped it outside, and LITTERED! So he kind of got his deserved punishment in the end. I just don't think Spongebob should've been involved WITH that punishment! Also, Spongebob's cat costume for the WIN!!!! I hope we get to see it again! I'd give it a 96/100, only because there are a couple of things I mentioned in this review, that keep it from being perfect. Enough said! ;)

-That poor first dollar kept decreasing in value.

-Clearly Squidward needs the abuse he'll get in Sanitation Insanity (whenever that airs now jfc) due to dumping garbage onto the bare pavement.

-Plankton pausing for someone to come out was comical.

-Krabs Wuz Here 05-01-99. Just caught that next to his security camera button.

-Invisible Helmet that Plankton wore earlier was ordered from the back of that Mermaidman and Barnacle Boy comic issue BubbleBath was reading.

-I like when Squidward is characterized as fearing for his job. Lets him get more active in plot situations.

-Time Lock. Someone explain to me why that would be counting down at all, let alone protect the bottle from smashing. LOW EFFORT PLOT ARMOR.

-Glad Squidward was able to judge Spongebob into taking off that cat costume. The world needs more people with self-respect like Squidward.

-Plankton has no hygiene. Who knows what particles got in those antennas.

-Plankton and Karen's bedroom was a nice touch. Seriously, love the decorating. Separate beds though :( 

-Spot/Squidward's first play date. Glad Spot was just being friendly and not attacking.

-Karen's screensaver was freaky. Plankton has a mugshot, so he's been to jail in this continuity.

-Krabs Ex Machina. Spot jumping out onto Plankton with the fuel rod was adorable though.

-3.5/5. Not sure why Krabs would preoccupy his fry cook/cashier like that while also leaving the bottle with the two people who lost it. You do you, Eugene. (smirk)

• Like 2

Luke Brookshier has been so good since his return and this might be my favorite episode from his. I'm all in for SpongeBob/Squidward team up and this was really funny. I liked some of the references they put in this episode and they weren't just references for sake of it. They added humor in them, so I really enjoyed that aspect. SpongeBob and Squidward's heist was so much fun when they played off each other so well. Classic Squidward taking the stuff seriously and SpongeBob being all silly and comedic. Spot's return was unexpected and I was so happy for that. Karen being on sleep mode was a clever computer joke. The whole Indiana Jones booby trap sequence cracked me up. Mr. Krabs quickly getting the formula was such a deus ex machina but it was done comedically, so I can let it slide. The ending with SpongeBob and Squidward being trapped in Mr. Krabs' safe could have been a cruel ending but they did lose the formula in the first place. Well deserved karma for both of them. This was such a clever and hilarious role reversal episode for SpongeBob, Squidward and Plankton and I can't wait to see what else Luke Brookshier does next.

Grade: A

• Like 1

I really liked this episode. It was cool to see to see more of the chum bucket, that was really cool to see, as was Spot's reappearance. The episode was funny too (such as the end where Mr Krabs gets back the formula very easily after Squidward and Spongebob failed to be Ble to). The episode also had great animation as always. I liked the charatization, they were all in character and it was cool to see Spongebob and Squidward team up to get back the formula.

9/10