• Advertisement

Spyro

Probs kinda late on this, but the trophy list for all three games was revealed fairly recently.

Spyro 1

Spyro 2

Spyro 3

the most interesting thing I took note of out of this is that Bombo is indeed still in Ripto's Rage after hearing much speculation over his possible censorship.

• Like 1

So, the remastered releases have been out for three months now and no one here has talked about it yet. That changes now.

Since last month, I've finished all three games, unlocked the art gallery for each respective title, and got all of the trophies. Spyro Reignited is a masterful reworking of the original classic trilogy. There's just so much about the remastering that I've really liked. Speaking in general terms, I really loved how well each game functions, I loved seeing just how much love and care was put into Reignited, I loved how most of the characters looked (especially Spyro, who is no longer in the shadow of his disastrous Skylanders redesign), and just like the original games, Reignited has that essential replay value. Whether you're a hardcore fan of the original trilogy or haven't introduced yourself to these Spyro games, then I would definitely recommend playing Reignited. At the top of my head, these are some of the highlights and nitpicks that I have towards the game:

Positives:

-The glorious, beautiful visuals
-The dragons in the first game having distinctive features and personalities
-The remastered music tracks as well as the option to play Copeland's original compositions
-Some certain controls and gimmicks being present in all three games (i.e. skill points for Spyro 1, Spyro's dodge roll, Sparx's gem detection)
-Agent 9's levels being more competent in both third-person and first-person perspectives
-Tom Kenny returning as the voice of Spyro (in addition to the Professor and Sgt. Byrd)
-The redesigns for Spyro's powered up forms
-Some quests still providing as much of a challenge like the trolley in Breeze Harbor and Bentley's boxing level in Frozen Altars
-The hover-tank-whatever minigame in Haunted Tomb being less tedious

Nitpicks:

-Some of the minor, occasional glitches
-The bosses for Spyro 1 still not providing as much of a challenge
-The miniboss and boss levels for Bluto and Spike respectively being nerfed in Spyro 3
-The double miniboss area in Fireworks Factory being more tedious
-The camera angle for Bentley's levels
-The alchemist quest in Spyro 2 is still a pain
-Ba'ah's lack of distinct hatching animation from the original third game

It's not perfect, but Reignited as a whole is a solid 9/10 game for me. I'm so glad to see Spyro back in its former glory.

I finished all three games and I can say I loved them. The visuals and the character designs are all wonderful. I like some of the changes they made to the cutscenes and the voice acting is great. Some of it was still really challenging, but really fun to play. I really liked playing Spyro again and so many years.