• Advertisement

Spyro

We all know what goes on...the first three Spyro games were classic, and I adore them. Then Playstation 2 was taking over, and started off with Legend of the Dragonfly. That one definitely aged very poorly. Then came A Hero's Tail, I though it was eh. Then the Legend of Spyro series/reboot, I haven't played yet, but there are some things about it that make my stomach turn. There's also the new Skylanders franchise with Spyro...and that's a different subject, but the way Activision redesigned the dragon...just ugh.

Anyways, I still love Spyro, but the other companies should've been done a whole lot better with it. Discuss.

I honestly wish Insomniac will take the franchise back and give us a quality Spyro game. I could say the very same for Naughty Dog and Crash Bandicoot, but the chances of either of those happening are fucking zip.
Actually, I think they would do that for Crash. But not so much for Spyro because, well, isn't Spyro coming out with a new game? But Crash hasn't come out with a new game in a little bit, so either the series is done, they're making a shitty game, or they're taking their time to make an actually good game. But not Spyro.

Well even though its already been said. The first couple Spyro games were pretty good stuff, so I hear. I wish I had the first Playstation so I could actually play those games.

Once I got a PS2, I wanted to give a Spyro game a shot. I started off with A Hero's Tail since I never located LotD. I thought to myself "Why are these games popular?". Then, more and more bad Spyro games were shoved down our throats.

Both this series and Crash Bandicoot, since its been mentioned already in this thread, need a real reboot. Give these franchises to someone who can actually do something positive with them because once upon a time, these were first class franchises.

Well even though its already been said. The first couple Spyro games were pretty good stuff, so I hear. I wish I had the first Playstation so I could actually play those games.

Once I got a PS2, I wanted to give a Spyro game a shot. I started off with A Hero's Tail since I never located LotD. I thought to myself "Why are these games popular?". Then, more and more bad Spyro games were shoved down our throats.

Both this series and Crash Bandicoot, since its been mentioned already in this thread, need a real reboot. Give these franchises to someone who can actually do something positive with them because once upon a time, these were first class franchises.

Just to let you know, the PS2 is backwards compatible with the original PS games.

Just to let you know, the PS2 is backwards compatible with the original PS games.

Yeah I know. How do you think I experienced the Twisted Metal franchise? 428899.gif

What I meant was that I wish I had one when the Playstation was relevant. I mean I don't know why I never bought any of the original Spyro games, but that whole PS statement could have been worded a lot better on my part. xD

Yeah I know. How do you think I experienced the Twisted Metal franchise? 428899.gif

What I meant was that I wish I had one when the Playstation was relevant. I mean I don't know why I never bought any of the original Spyro games, but that whole PS statement could have been worded a lot better on my part. xD

Oh, I get it. xP You can still get the Spyro games though. I get games for my NES from either Amazon or the store in my neighborhood that sells old video games.

I know this has been discussed a lot, but I'm going to make one thing perfectly clear about Activision: they're just plain dumbasses. Spite the E10+ rating for the upcoming upchuck pile of a game, they don't give a shit about the original fanbase, what they care about for the game is KIDS KIDS THIS GAME IS FOR KIDS WHO DON'T KNOW WHO THE HELL SPYRO IS! As for the hate mail and stuff, it's pretty unfortunate that people of Activision have an oblvious personality. So still, they should put down their Call of Duty games and put in a lot more effort the next time. Enough said, maybe next time, I'll torture myself with playing the three original Spyro games.
How would that be torturing yourself? D:
  • Like 1

Activision are even bigger idiots for dropping True Crime: Hong Kong right in the middle of development. Fortunately, Square Enix managed to pick it up.

On the subject of Spyro, Activision is only re-branding Spyro and making it for kids because kids are the only ones who will be buying those action figures to import to the game. They just pull the strings on what kids these days love most. I just wish they take Spyro's name out of the title.

Stearo The Sellout Dragon should be the new name

Stearo The Sellout Dragon should be the new name
I lol'd.

Seriously though, those little kids should go to the flea market, buy a Playstation, buy the old Spyro games, and see why the series became famous.

Honestly, I loved that little guy for his first 3 games. But then they newer consoles came and raped him. What's your opinion on Spyro and his newer games?

• Like 2