• Advertisement

230a. High Sea Diving

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Dives: I'm doing it, I'm doing it!
    • 4/5 Dives: Thank you Neptune!
    • 3/5 Dives: I'm not Old Man Jenkins anymore! I'm King Neptune!
    • 2/5 Dives: Buy one and take home a loser!
    • 1/5 Dives: What are you, senile?

kYNZvSC.png

Premieres: 

Friday, April 6th @ 6:30pm ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, April 7th @ 10:00am ET/PT

Saturday, April 7th @ 3:30pm ET/PT

Sunday, April 8th @ 8:30am ET/PT

Sunday, April 8th @ 11:30am ET/PT

Plot:

SpongeBob wants to be the first sponge that dives to the surface of the ocean.

Clips:

N/A

Edited by jjsthekid

I actually really enjoyed this episode a lot, which is surprising as I didn't expect much of anything from the synopsis. I felt everything was paced nicely, and I'm actually glad they got to SpongeBob succeeding quickly. I feel an entire episode of SpongeBob failing wouldn't have been all that interesting. I actually like where they went with the trash island, they didn't do any gross out gags with it and it was a creative concept. The way everything fell off of it was neat, especially with the reactions of every Bottomite to what junk keeps falling from the sky. Old Man Jenkins was used in a great way here, especially with the amazing "trash war" he had with SpongeBob. I also loved how he pretended to be King Neptune to everyone. As amusing as it was, he did impersonate their literal god, so it was funny when it bites him in the ass in the ending where we see the real Neptune. SpongeBob was like-able especially with the sweet ending of him being seen as a hero, there were a lot of great gags, I never lost interest, nothing felt too zany or wild...I could probably keep listing. Honestly, I'm surprised at how much I liked this one. Definitely Kaz's strongest outing in a long time.

Grade: A-

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 6

I loved Bubble Bass' cameo, and Mr. Krabs selling the Spongebob merchandise, INCLUDING Patrick to Bubble Bass! :hysterical: I wish more had been done with Sandy, but we STILL got a really great episode out of this! :D This episode pretty much confirmed that "Spongebob Squarepants" takes place SOMEWHERE in the Pacific Ocean, as Spongebob wound up on the bottom (or the top, depending on the perspective), of the Pacific Ocean Garbage Patch. I thought it was very creative the different ways the Bikini Bottom fish managed to recycle the old garbage! Totally was NOT expecting King Neptune to ACTUALLY appear in this episode, and it just goes to show you WHY you should NEVER impersonate him! :rolleyes: I really can't think of anything that I would change to this episode! A perfect 10/10! :cool: Enough said! ;)

• Confused 1

This was Kaz's best work in a while. I really enjoyed the concept of trash island and barely it felt too zany out of place. Old Man Jenkins pretending to be King Neptune was the highlight, as well as other gags like Bikini Bottomies thinking Neptune give them gifts from the sky and the actual King Neptune's appearence. It was sweet to see Bikini Bottomies considering SpongeBob to be their hero and the ending for SpongeBob was both funny and satisfying enough. I don't have much complaint to say about this one. It's not that amazing but it was solid from the beginning to the end.

Grade: B+

I really enjoyed this episode. SpongeBob was really great with trying to achieve a life goal and him interacting with the crazy Old Man Jenkins. I also thought it was interesting that the garbage patch was actually a bunch of trash polluting the ocean. It was also great that SpongeBob achieved his goal at the end and was hailed as a hero to the town.

• Happy 1

well at least it was funny and never got boring, despite the plot being weird/not really a plot at all. concept worked and helped parts where other stuff felt short. not sure if the making fun of religion stuff was on purpose or incidental but it worked pretty well either way. kind of weird how they set up a plot about spongebob diving only for half the episode to be about trash? maybe im missing something. ultimately still engaging enough to be good. 

6/10

• Like 2

Good episode. The visuals and atmosphere of the trash place was really good, and surprisngly not gross at all whatsoever, which was impressive. It was also funny at times too. I loved the idea of all the things fallibg down to bikini bottom when they fell off the garbage

8/10