• Advertisement

Nickelodeon Parts Ways With Dan Schneider

Princess Peach

Kind of saw this coming after Butch Hartman's departure from the company, and to be honest, I'm kind of glad despite not being a watcher of Nickelodeon anymore. I'm one of the people who thought the quality of Schneider's Bakery shows as a whole was going massively down the drain since the later seasons of iCarly, so I feel this is for the best.

• Like 1

Apparently the allegations are part of why he's gone, and I'm really glad all ties are cut with him. Dan's a creep. It's awful how he basically forced a lot of the teen actors to live out his fetishes. 

As important as a lot of his shows are to our childhood, it's always important to recognize the people backstage. Not saying you can't enjoy his shows, but just recognize the motivation behind him getting cut. I'm not gonna get into the whole "separate art from the artist" stuff, that's just a whole other story.

Edited by CyanideFishbone

1 hour ago, CyanideFishbone said:

Apparently the allegations are part of why he's gone, and I'm really glad all ties are cut with him. Dan's a creep. It's awful how he basically forced a lot of the teen actors to live out his fetishes. 

As important as a lot of his shows are to our childhood, it's always important to recognize the people backstage. Not saying you can't enjoy his shows, but just recognize the motivation behind him getting cut. I'm not gonna get into the whole "separate art from the artist" stuff, that's just a whole other story.

Didn't hear them say anything like that.

Welp. Just add me to the list of people who aren't disappointed about Schneider's departure from Nickelodeon. Now I'm skeptical about how Nickelodeon would manage to survive without not only one (Butch Hartman), but two of its big name creators.

• Like 2

Maybe it's about time Nickelodeon starts to care more about animation...

Yeah, I'm not sad that he left Nickelodeon. He has been working there for ages and he did come off as a bit creep from what I've heard. So it's time for Nick to move on from this. 

It does make me wonder how will Nick survive from all of this?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NegiSpongie said:

Didn't hear them say anything like that.

Because Nickelodeon wasn’t going to come out and outright say it in a press release.  Nickelodeon just had to cut ties with Chris Savino for the same thing.  What kind of image would that give them as not just a company, but a place to work saying that we had to fire two creators for sexual harassment after it being leaked out by an outside source?  Schneider’s behavior has been documented in rumor mills for years in regards to not just sexual misconduct but he had anger management issues too.  The fact that Nickelodeon gave his company a seven million dollar buyout is heavily implied that they wanted to cut ties before Dan Schneider finally gets exposed for the creep that he is.  It helps Nickelodeon save face that they got rid of him before some news publication officially broke news about it first.

I’m saying this as a fan of many of his series growing up, but it’s about time they cut ties with Schneider’s Bakery.  Not just the quality, but the ratings aren’t there like they use to be either.  It will be interesting to see what Nickelodeon has up its sleeves for their live action series future.  I know that one of the stories about Schneider’s temper came with having to share a lot with Austin & Ally creators new Nick series and he went on a rampage at the Nick office saying he wasn’t going to share studio space with a non-Schneider’s Bakery property.  Maybe Nick has that much faith that they have some good series in the works?

• Like 6

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:08 PM, Clappy said:

Because Nickelodeon wasn’t going to come out and outright say it in a press release.  Nickelodeon just had to cut ties with Chris Savino for the same thing.  What kind of image would that give them as not just a company, but a place to work saying that we had to fire two creators for sexual harassment after it being leaked out by an outside source?  Schneider’s behavior has been documented in rumor mills for years in regards to not just sexual misconduct but he had anger management issues too.  The fact that Nickelodeon gave his company a seven million dollar buyout is heavily implied that they wanted to cut ties before Dan Schneider finally gets exposed for the creep that he is.  It helps Nickelodeon save face that they got rid of him before some news publication officially broke news about it first.

I’m saying this as a fan of many of his series growing up, but it’s about time they cut ties with Schneider’s Bakery.  Not just the quality, but the ratings aren’t there like they use to be either.  It will be interesting to see what Nickelodeon has up its sleeves for their live action series future.  I know that one of the stories about Schneider’s temper came with having to share a lot with Austin & Ally creators new Nick series and he went on a rampage at the Nick office saying he wasn’t going to share studio space with a non-Schneider’s Bakery property.  Maybe Nick has that much faith that they have some good series in the works?

I guess it's true that you never really know what goes on behind the set of your favorite show. Even learning that, I still enjoy many of his shows, though I can't deny that his quality declined when Victorious started ending.