• Advertisement

229b. Moving Bubble Bass

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Bubble Basses: Oh Bubble Bass, special delivery!
    • 4/5 Bubble Basses: Why SpongeBob and Patrick, my occasional friends, would you two like to earn a free lunch?
    • 3/5 Bubble Basses: Don't you have to pack your things before we can move them?
    • 2/5 Bubble Basses: Aww, I don't feel like it!
    • 1/5 Bubble Basses: THIS WAS MY HOUSE!

YFPJ04N.png

Premieres: 

Friday, March 16th @ 6:30pm ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, March 17th @ 11:45am ET/PT

Sunday, March 18th @ 8:45am ET/PT

Plot:

SpongeBob and Patrick help Bubble Bass move out of his mother's basement.

Clips:

N/A

Edited by jjsthekid

At the very least we can call these episodes the right titles like they deserve and not let the oppression of Nickelodeon and their censorship run dormant! We are fans united!

• Like 1
  • Happy 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RDSP said:

This isn't the best title; Move Your Bubble Bass is and always will be the better title.

That would of been soooo much better.

• Like 2

An alright episode. Although not exactly "great", I was entertained for the most part. Some of the gags like Patrick getting angry at the end, and the rude woman getting run over were kind of amusing. Bubble Bass was handled pretty good, and he got his rightful comeuppance by the end. The whole plot of him having to move to another basement was pretty lol. The middle of the episode dragged a bit however, so that took off some points. I do think they could have given Bubble Bass a bit more screentime and done something a bit more than just SpongeBob and Patrick hauling his junk around town, however.

Grade: B+

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

We finally get to see where Bubble Bass gets his personality from; he gets it from his Mother! o.o And I had a good feeling that by Bubble Bass NOT helping Spongebob and Patrick move, was going to REALLY prove to be a bad choice on his part by the end of the episode! :rolleyes: A lot of good gags in this episode! Even though Ben Gruber didn't write it, the episode certainly felt like it was trying to emulate one of his episodes, and it did it pretty well! The babies were REALLY random! :hysterical: I liked it when Patrick got angry at Bubble Bass, and Spongebob actually called OUT Bubble Bass for breaking his promise to them! Like JJStheKid said, wish we had gotten more screen-time with Bubble Bass actually IN the episode, but what we got was pretty good! :D I'd give it a 99/100! :cool: (Bubble Bass' lack of screen time knocked it down from a perfect score by one point). Enough said! ;)

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

An alright episode, just as I kind of expected. The name should have been Moving Your Bubble Bass since they have showed enough scenes of Bubble Bass's ass. :funny:. I don't have a strong feeling towards it, some gags were pretty amusing, some felt just forced and too wacky but If there's anything to praise, that's Patrick at the end. I loved that he stopped thinking about him not getting the free lunch the moment Bubble Bass told them he ate them all, instead he yelled at him for not giving SpongeBob the free lunch. Patrick isn't as an interesting character as some others in this show but I love it when Patrick is there to defend for SpongeBob like a best friend would do. SpongeBob standing up to Bubble Bass was also great. And Bubble Bass getting his karma was so worth it. Even at the beginning, his precious stuff are ruined. I'd like this episode more If some of gags weren't same old wacky and random situations but I found this to be inoffensive average.

Grade: B-

-Snark Chat? Even for a basement dweller this is a pathetic use of time.

-Mother Bass is a screamer. Throwing the worm and garbage down was fine retaliation, but why break her own dishes?

-Delightfully devlish, Bubble Bass. Moving vans are expensive. You probably really do have bad back posture though.

-Them breaking everything while packing would've been passable if I didn't have to watch Patrick chew a bunch of comics into mush. Even for Bubble Bass, I extend empathy there. Though why he didn't at least stay and overview what they did was a leap in logic.

-Everything with the sack felt like padding. Actually having to carry Bubble Bass would've been better (smirk)

-Patrick ready to wreck Bubble Bass and Spongebob's rant about taking bottomfeeders for a ride were some pretty inspiring and poetic scenes of them standing up for themselves. Undermined however by the fact that they didn't earn that free lunch with how much they probably owe Bubble Bass in damages.

-I can't rate it too high because of some gross-out humor and Bubble Bass' characterization was too one note even if they made him more expressive.

-2/5 This episode sloped down past the line of aquatic decency.

• Like 2

Originally written: April 18th, 2018

Wow. I'm in utter shock. I feel like Mr. Lawrence is the writer of everything nowadays! I will be completely honest with you, Moving Bubble Bass is one of my new favorites of the season.

First of all, I gotta tell ya, I love Bubble Bass. He's an incredible hilarious character, and I absolutely adore the fact that the writers have made him a recurring character since Season 8. His usage never really seems that forced, whenever he's not a background character given a funny visual gag, he usually plays a dire role in his given appearance. Bulletin Board and Squid Noir perfectly highlight the ideal Bubble Bass appearance. And this episode just goes all out with making Bubble Bass the ultimate loser (Say Comic Book Guy and Mr. Crocker breed). And I gotta say, it's one of the funniest interpretations of his character to date, dare I say it, funnier than he was in Pickles. The constant, and I mean constant flow of gags at Bass' expense from his sad, pitiful life, to his obesity is a nonstop pleasure delivering tons of hilarious lines and visual gags.

The plot is absolutely perfect for a Bubble Bass centered episode. Bass is kicked out of his mom's basement by his mom, and decides to move into his grandma's basement. What a perfect plot, words can't describe how hilarious this episode's general synopsis is, but the execution is brilliant! Bass' deception towards SpongeBob and Patrick is perfectly in character. Bass conning the duo out of pure laziness (Over the most pathetic of things!) is the perfect setup to this episode's conflict! This episode kind of reminds me of a Three Stooges episode. You'd say SpongeBob and Patrick falling for Bass' lunch promise was out of character, but to be honest, it certainly works under these circumstances. The overall mood and feeling of the episode isn't akin to a regular old episode of SpongeBob (Goodness, barely any of these Season 11 episodes do!), but I can argue that the conning of the two worked out perfectly. Patrick easily fell for the lunch, his main motivation to help Bass move is to get that free lunch, and I personally consider that to be perfectly in character for Patrick. SpongeBob is more serious about moving Bass' things, and I have a feeling SpongeBob's motivation comes out more from a desire to be a good person and help Bass, as well as earn a free lunch which his best bud is dying for.

When it comes to jokes, this episode is overflowing with hilarious jokes. Pretty much any gag with Bubble Bass is a given to get a great laugh out of me. From the slightest of gags like his man boobs bouncing, to his ridiculous plan to move to his grandma's basement (Goodness, that still cracks me up), Bubble Bass is a hilarious character in this episode, providing a good chunk of the episode's gags. There are a lot of great other gags too, even when Bass isn't featured in the scenes. The gags involving Patrick and SpongeBob ruining Bass' items in order to fit them in small boxes was hilarious, especially given how the episode doesn't try to be "in your face" about the gags (Aka: Pointing out the obvious like a Post-Movie episode, generally in Seasons 6-8, would do by pointing out "Hurp-de-durr, we're ruining his stuff, instead of just letting the gag play out). There were tons of funny little gags through SpongeBob and Patrick's lugging of Bass' items, I personally found the snobbish woman to be amusing and provide some quirky, yet funny little lines (Particularly her justification to not walk around, followed by the perfect comeuppance). Oh yeah, I noticed just about everyone who has done wrong in this episode earn some kind of comeuppance, that's pretty cool. Were there some gags I wasn't too fond of? Eh, I didn't care for the baby gags that much, and I kind of predicted the house SpongeBob and Patrick destroyed wasn't the grandma's house, but I gotta hand it to Lawrence, he creatively gave us a sign of skepticism through the creative usage of certain numbers in the address slip SpongeBob had, making their mistake completely justified, and even funny too.

The ending perfectly wraps up Bass' endeavors, getting his ultimate comeuppance through a beating from his mother. Not to mention, SpongeBob and Patrick's little growth as characters concluded their side of the story at the end of the episode. In the end, I'd say this is a perfect episode. No seriously, this is one of the most flawless episodes I've seen in a long time. I have a feeling Mr. Lawrence had a lot of fun working on this episode, the fast pace really makes the episode fly by. There's just so much to do with Bubble Bass' character, and I really think Lawrence perfectly dove into it in this wonderful masterpiece.

It's an Amazing Episode. I give it a 10/10.

This episode was originally gonna be 10/10 due to its title being "Move Your Bubble Bass", but they changed it to "Moving Bubble Bass" so it gets a 0/10.

In all seriousness, I basically agree with Coffee Lover. This episode has some great humor when Bubble Bass is around, but for the middle portion of the episode, it's mostly just a lamer/blander and mostly humorless version of Krusty Katering (which I honestly like Krusty Katering, but not the middle segments of this episode very much). 6/10, might be a bit lower.

Oh yeah,title change is alone drop down the rating.If episode would be have original name it would be without doubt the greatest S11 episode even if it had Ink Lemonade quality.

Edited by Coffee_lover
  • God Himself 1