Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hilaryfan80

SpongeBob will NOT be canceling

Recommended Posts

Guest hilaryfan80

There's been a rumor going around that SpongeBob will be canceling on March 1st. This is not true!

The official SpongeBob SquarePants Facebook page posted this:

But of course, I don't think that anyone on SBC actually believed it in the first place. This is more or less a PSA for anyone who did.

Hooray! :plankton2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest hilaryfan80
9 minutes ago, Katniss said:

"SpongeBob will not be canceling"

I thought you were an English major? :funny: 

You're right! It's widely regarded that "canceled" is an acceptable spelling, and you can find it in almost every dictionary:

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 12.23.42 AM.png

The more you know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

You're right! It's widely regarded that "canceled" is an acceptable spelling, and you can find it in almost every dictionary:

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 12.23.42 AM.png

The more you know!

No I know about the different spellings, I just thought it made more sense to say "will not be canceled" instead of "will not be canceling" :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest hilaryfan80
Just now, Katniss said:

No I know about the different spellings, I just thought it made more sense to say "will not be canceled" instead of "will not be canceling" :P 

Well, I cannot use "canceled" because it's not past tense (it hasn't happened and will not happen). If I had use "canceled," I would have to use the past participle phrase "had not canceled." My use of "will not be canceling" is fine since I'm using the present participle form, but it is passive. If I want an active voice, I should use "SpongeBob is not canceling," but what I wrote is fine.

I hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest hilaryfan80
Just now, Hayden said:

This literally circulates every year, this didn't need a thread hilaryfan80

I'm aware :P

1 hour ago, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

I don't think that anyone on SBC actually believed it in the first place. This is more or less a PSA for anyone who did.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, feels like just yesterday when #SaveSpongebob was trending over a supposed January 28th cancellation a few years back. Sweet memories of having to explain to cousins on how that would not happen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SpongeBob cancellation rumors are nothing more than a race to announce it first the way I'm seeing it now. Why are some folk still believing in these things? The first time I saw cancellation rumors circulating around the net, it involved news about a kid, who wanted to see SpongeBob, drowning in the ocean - that in which was merely 12 years back.

Edited by Steel Sponge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

Well, I cannot use "canceled" because it's not past tense (it hasn't happened and will not happen). If I had use "canceled," I would have to use the past participle phrase "had not canceled." My use of "will not be canceling" is fine since I'm using the present participle form, but it is passive. If I want an active voice, I should use "SpongeBob is not canceling," but what I wrote is fine.

I hope this helps!

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...