• Advertisement

Snapchat's Redesign Flops

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

So apparently Kylie Jenner tweeted that she hates the Snapchat update and now Snapchat's worth went down $1.5 BILLION. ?

Snapchat has also replied to a widely popular petition with over 1.2 MILLION signatures that requests Snapchat to get rid of the new redesign. Snapchat's response? Nope, we don't care.

https://www.change.org/p/snap-inc-remove-the-new-snapchat-update

Is this the end of Snapchat?

6 hours ago, Mr. Kotarou Takasugi♡ said:

holy shit

maxresdefault.jpg

girl should not have that much power over her teen fanbase

As a member of the Kardashian-Jenner clan, she is influential, but people hated the update long before she tweeted about it. I mean, the update is ugly af (I don't have it yet but I've seen how it looks from others) :Laugh:  If Snapchat isn't willing to change back to a better interface then that will definitely turn off users and cause them to leave the app for an alternative.

Edited by Katniss

There's no way that the update isn't helping (or well, did before Kylie? I dunno when the hugest drop occurred) at least something behind the scenes, I get changing the layout to capitalize on something and just keeping the stubbornness on this stance makes no sense otherwise. I've seen not a single defense post for the update, and this entire situation feels like a gigantic abnormality unless they're obliged to keep it and just can't reveal that? I get doubling down on stupidity but this is a complete other level and should bring at least some humility even in a tough case of "I don't care what you all say, I do nothing wrong!" and the response just doesn't reflect that.