• Advertisement

School Shooting in Parkland, FL.

Princess Peach

In the rest of the world, there have been 18 school shootings in the last twenty years. In the U.S., there have been 18 school shootings since the start of 2018.  That is 35 days.  I’m tired of hearing there is no way to prevent this from politicians.  Because it seems like we are the only country that has this as a recurring problem.  Do you know where half of the deadliest shootings of the past fifty years have occurred?  The United States.  How many more lives are we going to lose before we finally start to revise our broken laws on gun control?  That’s all I ask.

• Like 9

I've seen some Trump fans say "oh the kids name was Nicholas Cruz he's an illegal immigrant" and "oh he was mentally ill". I've even seen SOME CONSPIRACY THEORISTS SAYING THIS WAS A STAGED SHOOTING. All of these claims are ridiculous. I'm SICK of this happening constantly, especially so far THIS YEAR. 

How many innocent people are going to fucking die until some gun regulations are going to be in place????? 

You want to "Make America Great Again"? Gun regulations would be a start. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nintendo Gamecube said:

I've seen some Trump fans say "oh the kids name was Nicholas Cruz he's an illegal immigrant" and "oh he was mentally ill".

And from the exact same side of the coin you hear "don't make this political".

They don't care about politicizing the deaths of children, they care about politicizing their guns.

Look, as a constant outsider to this ravenous gun culture America has, this has always seemed completely bonkers to me. Guns literally matter more than children's lives, and the NRA has the country in a perpetual stranglehold. So shit like this keeps happening. What is the obsession with guns? At the very best, they are glorified toys. At the worst, they do this.

• Like 6

I'm not even sure what to say that hasn't been said in the last dozen or so of these threads over the years. Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families, of course, but at this point it sounds like such a copy and paste response. It's glaringly obvious what needs to be done to prevent these mass atrocities, but it won't happen - especially not while donald duck is in office.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TJ said:

I'm not even sure what to say that hasn't been said in the last dozen or so of these threads over the years. Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families, of course, but at this point it sounds like such a copy and paste response. It's glaringly obvious what needs to be done to prevent these mass atrocities, but it won't happen - especially not while donald duck is in office.

nobody wouldn't understand what's donald duck is saying.

• Like 2

Guest hilaryfan80

My heart goes out to the families who won't see justice because our government does not care. I thought that 20 first graders would've been the end-all for the broken gun laws when Sandy Hook happened, but this was 5 years ago! We haven't had anything done since then. Literally nothing. No laws have changed, no policies have changed... nothing has changed since then except now schools practice active shooter drills...

Look, I'm not saying that gun reform is the absolute answer. All I want is for the government to actually care for once and actually try something instead of "we send our condolences" or sending "thoughts and prayers." At least try something.