• Advertisement

Venom

Clappy

First teaser was posted.  Didn’t give too much away obviously, but the least they could have done was show off the suit.  Otherwise, I would have thought this was just another Tom Hardy movie.  Still very much excited and have hope they get this adaptation right.

honestly I don't have high expectations for this. I love me Tom Hardy but enough with Sony trying to make another Spider-Man universe cuz that certainly worked out last time... they keep saying Tom Hardy will be voicing Venom in Into The Spider-Verse, so yeah. Also not showing Venom at all? I get the whole not spoiling the movie but it's just a fucking costume, come on. This just looks like another typical action movie. Yeah, idk I don't wanna see this.

EDIT: this gif tho

tom hardy venom gif ile ilgili görsel sonucu

Edited by Dr. WhoBruh
yep

Ummm, it looks at least sort of fun? My biggest issue with this is that Tom Hardy's American accent is very off. Let him be a sexy British actor, Hollywood. I'm still not too sold on this and I'm 75% sure this is gonna suck but Venom design looks good and even with a weird American accent, I'll probably watch it just for Tom Hardy. 

Can I just say how much I love Venom’s design?  Still think the movie isn’t going to be that good, but at least they finally made him look menacing.

• Like 1

Hopefully that's means that this movie will bomb and rest of spidey characters will join MCU.

It's still boggles my mind, how in the world Sony thought that characters that were created for spider-man comics will work without spider-man himself? Or at least, some history with him? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Klu said:

Hopefully that's means that this movie will bomb and rest of spidey characters will join MCU.

It's still boggles my mind, how in the world Sony thought that characters that were created for spider-man comics will work without spider-man himself? Or at least, some history with him? 

pretty much this. Just because Venom is no longer a Spider-Man rogue and its own thing, that doesn't mean you should ignore its roots. Venom movie is bonkers if he's not in a Spider-Man movie first. Dear god, just give Spider-Man characters back to him dammit.

1 minute ago, WhoX said:

pretty much this. Just because Venom is no longer a Spider-Man rogue and its own thing, that doesn't mean you should ignore its roots. Venom movie is bonkers if he's not in a Spider-Man movie first. Dear god, just give Spider-Man rogues back to him dammit.

Sony's plans of Black Cat solo movie is even more ridiculous than this, though.

• Like 1

Stupid movie.  Very stupid movie.  Especially that last act.

I read some article on the internet before watching this where it compared Venom to an early 2000s dumb superhero movies like the Fantastic Four or Daredevil.  I can kind of see it.   It’s got that exact same mentality.

Tom Hardy at least tries to make this dark grim bore at least entertaining.  If there was anything I would recommend about this, is that the actors are actually giving good performances from this mess of a script.

Not one of the worst movies I’ve seen this year, but definitely one of the stupidest.

i'm so fucking shocked that Venom exists

like i still can't believe it's a movie i saw in theaters in 2018

the movie is about a twitchy reporter with a weird accent who becomes possessed by black goo (as do multiple other people) and this black goo then begins talking with him and controlling him and he then fights another guy who was possessed by said black goo and also kisses his ex girlfriend who was possessed with the black goo

it has a story and hits all the plot beats that's straight out of a 2001 superhero movie

and yet somehow it's going to make shitloads of money

i'm not even mad, it's amazing

21 hours ago, Jackie Chan said:

i'm so fucking shocked that Venom exists

like i still can't believe it's a movie i saw in theaters in 2018

the movie is about a twitchy reporter with a weird accent who becomes possessed by black goo (as do multiple other people) and this black goo then begins talking with him and controlling him and he then fights another guy who was possessed by said black goo and also kisses his ex girlfriend who was possessed with the black goo

it has a story and hits all the plot beats that's straight out of a 2001 superhero movie

and yet somehow it's going to make shitloads of money

i'm not even mad, it's amazing

don't copy paste my comment >:(((

• God Himself 1