• Advertisement

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Turo

Oh yeah this trailer was tons of fun. No pun intended, it does seem like the sequel is gonna get bigger than the previous one but I don't mind it because the trailer did keep the original's cheesy tone. And of course I'm hyped for Wasp, tho a different character to take the mantle but she was good in the first movie, so I'm interested in seeing her more. Marvel is gonna rock this year.

Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, TJ said:

Nice trailer

The Wasp > Ant Man imo

As someone who watched Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes, I agree. I do like Hank as Ant-Man there but Wasp was much better for sure and I do prefer Scott as Ant-Man.

Definitely thought the trailer was entertaining.  

I do have to ask a question though since I’m not as up to date on the Ant-Man universe.  I recognized Ghost in the trailers.  Was Ghost ever in any of the Ant-Man comics?  Because I always thought Ghost was a villain of Iron Man’s?

7 hours ago, Clappy said:

Definitely thought the trailer was entertaining.  

I do have to ask a question though since I’m not as up to date on the Ant-Man universe.  I recognized Ghost in the trailers.  Was Ghost ever in any of the Ant-Man comics?  Because I always thought Ghost was a villain of Iron Man’s?

yeah Ghost isn't an Ant-Man villain but since Iron Man stole Ultron from Hank Pym, I think it's fair for Ant-Man to steal one of Iron Man's villains. (smirk) 

Honestly found the sequel better than the original.  After the emotional turmoil of Infinity War (in a good way mind you), this was refreshing light hearted fun and a good time.  The comedy was on point and often hit (love how they made fun of how much they said quantum).   The story was compelling.  I also love how the antagonists weren’t really bad guys (except for Walton Goggins slick businessman character who is pretty forgettable tbh).  I don’t know if Marvel will make any more individual Ant Man movies for awhile since the box office isn’t as favorable to this franchise unlike other Marvel entities, but I hope they do.  Because this cast is just way too likeable and these movies are far more fun than you would expect them to be initially.

And I’ve got a few theories for the Infinity War follow up based off of the mid credits scene but I’ll save that for another time.

• Like 1

I'm a bit on the opposite side of Clappy. I liked this movie but I didn't like it as much as the original. I definitely liked that after Infinity War, we needed some fun quality time with these characters but I wish just like most of other MCU movies, the humor could have been toned down. Some of jokes were great but some others like FBI agent and Scott's last conversation were too much for my taste. I felt first Ant-Man movie did better with comedy and I really think it's gonna be hard to convince someone to watch this after they got tired of too much humor in MCU. I also didn't like how compared to the first movie, Scott was used mostly for the comedy. His relationship with his daughter was great again but I didn't find him as much interesting since Wasp got more time to shine. This felt more like a Wasp movie than both Ant-Man and the Wasp to me. Nevertheless, I had a good time for sure. The CGI looked phenomenal, especially in the Quantom Realm, it was mesmerizing. Action was even better than the fist movie and it even felt more refreshing to see actions with shrinking heroes fighting a villain that goes through objects than another shrinking villain. I loved more character growth for Wasp and Hank Pym. Ghost was a great tragic villain to me and I disagree that she's not as interesting. Her costume, movements and personality made her pretty memorable to me. I liked that Lawrence Fishburne's character was morelly grey character and it was fun seein Luis and his crew in action, even though I didn't like Luis compared to the first movie. Overall, this was a fun time in theaters, despite me not liking the movie as much as I expected. Oh and mid-credit scene was the best shit ever. 

If you are tired of MCU, I can't really commend this but If you still love MCU and these characters, go for it. This was definitely a good movie.

I thought it was pretty great, a good couple notches above the original. I didn't mind the comedy as much, it was a nice catharsis from Infinity War and given who the main actor is along with the likes of Michael Peña and the dude from Fresh Off The Boat on board, it's to be expected. A lot of the comedy was a hit for me (like Scott being inadvertantly shrunk to the size of a toddler and being forced to pose as one to sneak into his daughter's school), the only thing that wore out its welcome was probably all the truth serum stuff, but at least the bit with Walton Goggins and his crew at the end was a pretty good payoff to it. I liked the antagonists, step up from the last movie in my book. They're not Killmonger, but hey, they're not Kaecilius neither. Hope to see more of Ghost and Bill Foster in future MCU installments. Their dynamic is sweet and it'll be interesting to see where they go from where they're left off at.

• Like 1