• Advertisement

California Now Has the Highest Poverty Rate in America

SpongeOddFan

Source: https://fee.org/articles/california-has-the-highest-poverty-rate-in-america-why/

Credits goes to @Metal Snake for finding this.

Now i do feel bad for those SBCers who lives in CA :(  Honestly, CA shouldn't hosted their olympics again iinstead of fixing their situation, and now it's too late since LA 2028 Olympics is already coming...

thoughts?

• Sad 2

Guest hilaryfan80

I think this is skewed. California has about 1/3rd of America's total economy and has a population bigger than Canada. There are areas in California where it costs millions to have a single bedroom house, and there are areas in California where it costs maybe $100,000 (national average). To take a state as big as California and putting together the averages of every single area of California is just nuts. This chart implies that the average person making $40,000/year is going to be impoverish because of California's average cost-of-living as a whole and not just parts of California. That's not accurate at all. It should come as an obvious fact that $40,000/year is not enough in Beverly Hills, but it is in other areas of California.

It's for this reason that I do not trust these charts at all.

this isn't surprising, the homeless rate in CA for big cities is huge and we have the third biggest in the country. no reason to pity Californians as a whole for this though considering it doesn't effect most of us

• Like 2