• Advertisement

Nintendo Labo

Clappy

Just announced the other day.  Not completely sure if it’s just cardboard, Nintendo’s attempt to get into the world of VR, or something completely different.  If anyone knows more about this than I do, please speak up before I consider wasting $60 or more on pieces of cardboard.

3 hours ago, Clappy said:

Not completely sure if it’s just cardboard, Nintendo’s attempt to get into the world of VR, or something completely different.

It's just cardboard.

Guest hilaryfan80

I am very impressed! Nintendo is basically taking Google Cardboard and running a mile with it. This makes me want to buy a Switch myself!

This might be a good way to expand on the growing AR/VR market, especially when the other companies are doing the same. Sony with Playstation VR, Microsoft with Hololens, and Google with their current technologies. I can see that becoming a serious deal in the coming years if its executed correctly.

But speaking more on personal terms, idk if I would get this. I rather see Nintendo focus more on games than secondary ideas like this. It just feels like a repeat of the Wii U, sorry but i'm not buying this idea. :/

The cardboard is probably made from boxes for unsold Wii Us, so maybe that's why it's worth $60.

Unoriginal joke aside, I speak for almost everyone when I say that this is a strange accessory from Nintendo and I can't really say anything about it until it's officially released.

Guest hilaryfan80

I like to keep in mind that Nintendo's main market is Japan, not America or any other country. In Japan, they're all about these extra accessories; it's why the PlayStation and Xbox have always had little shares compared to Nintendo's consoles. Nintendo has always put Japan's market on top priority because that's where most of their income comes from. Given this fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the Nintendo Labo is widely successful in Japan but flops everywhere else.

I still think it's cool though... ?