• Advertisement

Space Jam 2

Jinjo

Well, there's finally animation work being done on it, which means the movie itself probably won't be out for 3-5 years. I'm cautiously optimistic, since LeBron James proved he can do comedy with Trainwreck, and the Looney Tunes are the Looney Tunes. Could either be really good or really bad. Either way I think it'll be entertaining.

Better bump this thread for the whole Lola Bunny redesign controversy while it's still hot:

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/03/space-jam-new-legacy-lola-bunny-redesign-1234621742/

I don't know what's funnier: That a good amount of non-furries went from bashing a community that adores characters such as Lola because they perceived the majority of [furries] as a bunch of creeps who love to sexualize cartoon animals to coming to the defense of one particular character, condemning the change 'cause she's no longer this sex goddess that they knew and loved....or that there's controversy at all over an animated character simply being brought down to something that's close to normal.

The internet is a strange place.

I thought the problem with Lola was that she wasn't funny despite being a Looney Tune, and that all her comedy came from how people reacted to her sexy figure, and she wasn't involved in any slapstick.

I myself don't really like the change. I would've been fine with her keeping her design if they made Lola funny like she was in the Looney Tunes Show.

On 4/3/2021 at 7:46 PM, Steel Sponge said:

Man, Warner Bros. really wants to make a cinematic universe happen, don't they?

Well, Marvel gets to have a cinematic universe. And technically, Warner Bros. already STARTED doing it with "Scoob", from last year, so they obviously want to build up on it. NICE CGI graphics in the trailer, by the way! Enough said, true believers!

On 4/5/2021 at 6:14 AM, 4EverGreen said:

Well, Marvel gets to have a cinematic universe. And technically, Warner Bros. already STARTED doing it with "Scoob", from last year, so they obviously want to build up on it. NICE CGI graphics in the trailer, by the way! Enough said, true believers!

they have DCEU, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I'm not hyped for this movie because It just looks like "here is all the IPs WB owns, isn't that cool?". Yeah we know Ready Player One, Ralph Breaks the Internet, The Lego Movie and whatnot. Count me out.