• Advertisement

Question For Anyone Who's Seen The SpongeBob Musical

SpongeBobsNumber1Fan

Hey everyone! 

I have an important question for anyone here who has seen The SpongeBob Musical live on Broadway. The show looks absolutely incredible and I really want to see it, but here's the thing. I have a hearing condition and I'm not supposed to expose myself to very loud, sudden noises because it could be damaging to my ears, so can anyone tell me if the show has anything like that in it? Like I’m talking about things like gunshots, cannons, explosions, fireworks, stuff like that. Can anyone tell me if the musical has any special effects like that, or any other really loud noises? I'm fine with stuff like loud music and pre-recorded sound effects, it's only stuff like live explosions and cannons that I need to watch out for. 

The entire show is on YouTube and I watched most of it, there are a few parts in particular that I'm concerned with. For anyone who has seen the musical live, can you please tell me more about the parts listed below and how they sound live? I will post the link to the video on YouTube and the exact times in the video that the parts are, so you can watch the, to refresh your memory and know what I'm talking about. I would really appreciate this!! Here is the link: 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vlnGaUF1FFI

Here are the parts I would like to know about, and the times that they come up in the video: 

1. In the opening musical number, when they first introduce Sandy in her treedome, an explosion is heard right before Sandy sings. Is this just a pre-recorded sound effect, or is it like an actual explosion? How loud is it? At 5 minutes, 34 seconds into the video. 

2. When SpongeBob throws the device into the volcano and the bright lights come on, what is the sound that is heard in the video? Is this just the sound of the lights turning on, or is it like an explosion? How loud is it? At 2 hours and 8 seconds into the video. 

3. When they jump off of the volcano, the parachute is released by what seems to be an air cannon under the stage. How loud is this sound, can you compare it to something? At 2 hours, 1 minute and 30 seconds into the video. 

4. During the finale at the very end, they release confetti and streamers through confetti cannons. How loud are these? Do you hear them loudly or does the music mostly cover the sounds up? At 2 hours, 12 minutes and 40 seconds into the video. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or need further clarification about any of these. Also, if there are any other parts of the show that involve loud bangs, pops, explosions, or anything like that, please let me know! I really appreciate it, this would be a huge help to me. Thank you all so much in advance!! :) 

Edited by SpongeBobsNumber1Fan
  • Like 1