• Advertisement

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR!!!

Turo

9 hours ago, The Spicy Burrito said:

I can't be the only person in the world who thinks this looks bad.  right?

Idk why you think it looks so bad. Maybe because of the leak of some of the script but I'm personally hyped af for this. However I also think this has a chance to be a really messy movie since it's gonna be hard to balance so many characters  but I think I'm gonna have a good time in a messy movie.

it looks like an oversized bore that clashes all the MCU characters without a care in the world as to how it all comes out.  seriously, fucking 64 characters?  ridiculous.  zero chance that they can balance out everyone.  Deadpool 2 looks 100x better and comes out a few weeks after.  also #Justice4Hawkeye

Edited by The Spicy Burrito

2 hours ago, The Spicy Burrito said:

it looks like an oversized bore that clashes all the MCU characters without a care in the world as to how it all comes out.  seriously, fucking 64 characters?  ridiculous.  zero chance that they can balance out everyone.  Deadpool 2 looks 100x better and comes out a few weeks after.  also #Justice4Hawkeye

What do you mean by not caring anything? Everything has been set up to this point. Thanos will be the main character of this movie, so that's a big plus. There's plenty of care from special effects and the stakes the previous movies set up. And we still have a sequel to this, so other characters that didn't get to shine will shine there. It's most likely gonna be a three hour movie, so I think it'll try to do its best.

You are right that there is no way there will be able to balance out everything, it'll definitely come out as a big mess but I think it's going to be a fun messy crossover. But I still sort of have hope for Russo brothers, whom they manage to balance out like 15 characters in Civil War. Ik the trailers can be misleading but so far they sold me on the hype that this movie will at least be a great mindless time.

I’ll have a more in-depth review once finals are over but overall: very solid, but I think the MCU mightve bitten off more than they could chew with this one. Felt very overstuffed and for the first time I don’t think I know how they could’ve done it any better. 

That ending though. Wow. 

• Like 1

I’m seeing this again today with my girlfriend, sister, and brother in-law so I’ll have a more fully thought out analysis later as well.  Because there was A LOT to take in here.  Is it possible for a movie to be more than overstuffed?  Because that was this and I’m glad I’m seeing this again just to make sure I can soak it all in.

That being said, what we got was still pretty good.  This still felt like one hell of an event that did feel like an accumulation of ten years worth of movies.  This movie definitely succeeded in terms of making Thanos the focal point, which it needed to do in order to make this story come full circle.

But I agree with meatloaf boy above me.  This movie bit off a bit more than it could chew and often felt uneven to me.  I need to rewatch this just to make sure, but my initial thoughts are that not all the characters got the proper amount of care and handling that others did.  And I definitely get that it’s tough to handle all these properties the right way since the Russo’s did not make Doctor Strange or Guardians of the Galaxy for example, but some of the choices these characters make feel completely out of character from what we’ve seen them do in their previous films.  Also, this had some obvious pacing problems.  It felt like every single moment of this was a BIG MOMENT.  It didn’t give me any proper time to sit back and breathe because EVERY MOMENT  was super important.  Like they wanted to rush through all two hours and thirty minutes of this movie without giving me enough time to soak all of it in.

The more I think about what I saw last night though, I definitely agree that I can’t imagine any other way the MCU could have handled this.  And I know I talked about how the pacing could have been handled better, but man after I left the theaters, I felt like I needed to sit in my emotions for a bit.  This did feel like a huge event movie and it makes me all the more excited for the follow up next year.  Hell it makes me all the more excited for Ant-Man and The Wasp and especially Captain Marvel.

So is this perfect?  No.  Lower your expectations if you are expecting this to be the best Marvel movie ever.  I know I sure needed to lmao.  But I still liked this a lot.  It’s not gods gift to the MCU, but it’s still a hell of a good time.

Bonus Round:

On 3/24/2018 at 10:21 AM, Leedles said:

Deadpool 2 looks 100x better and comes out a few weeks after.

How did I miss this a month ago?  Based solely off trailers?  No guy.  Just no.  And this is coming from me, who is excited for Deadpool 2 too.  But the trailers have not been that good.  Yeah I’ve laughed at them just like everyone else has but the trailers themselves are showing the movie is literally going to be more of the same.  Jokes, fourth wall breaks, plot points,and more in-jokes.  

• Like 2

Without any spoilers, here's a criticism I'd like to give.

MCU needs to cut down on humor. I was okay with this on Thor: Ragnarok and Guardians of The Galaxy because it was perfectly balanced (pun intended?). Here, some jokes land and some are just jokes for sake of it. That was most of first thirty minutes and I was kind of sick of it.

Once it toned it down and the movie became more serious, I loved the movie more. I was certainly not expecting this to be a near perfect movie. Some character decisions felt out of character and the pacing felt uneven at times. It gets excited at the minute and it cuts to a slow scene. But what made this movie was Thanos. He felt like a real threat and I was so happy he didn't crack jokes and he was so menacing with a reasonable motivation. The movie had the feels and most of the time I was pleasantly shocked and terrified. I wanna see this again. It's definitely a really flawed movie but damn, a powerful one. And much better than Age of Ultron, fact.

Don't skip on the end credit scene. There's only one at the very end of the credits and it was awesome.

5 hours ago, Clappy said:

Bonus Round:

How did I miss this a month ago?  Based solely off trailers?  No guy.  Just no.  And this is coming from me, who is excited for Deadpool 2 too.  But the trailers have not been that good.  Yeah I’ve laughed at them just like everyone else has but the trailers themselves are showing the movie is literally going to be more of the same.  Jokes, fourth wall breaks, plot points,and more in-jokes.  

The only thing that Deadpool 2 has over Infinity War:

SHATTERSTAR!!!

and Peter IV

But seriously, I agree. I'm excited for Deadpool 2 but the trailers, just like Deadpool 1 trailers were all meta with plot points. You could make same argument with MCU trailers looking similar in tone but they manage to block plot points.

On 3/24/2018 at 10:21 AM, Leedles said:

lol I ended up loving this film ignore me.

• Thanks 1