• Advertisement

212a. The Incredible Shrinking Sponge

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Inches: This is where all the magic happens, little urchin!
    • 4/5 Inches: This is the best action figure ever!
    • 3/5 Inches: Well it isn't gonna fix itself.
    • 2/5 Inches: You're getting sloppy, Plankton!
    • 1/5 Inches: Who are you calling a freak!?

XHO4LzM.png

Premieres: 

Saturday, December 2nd @ 10:00am ET/PT

Encores:

N/A

Plot:

SpongeBob must figure out how to do his job after accidentally shrinking himself.

Clips:

1.) http://www.nick.com/spongebob-squarepants/videos/212-clip-steamy-sponge/

This episode has already aired in Israel. 

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

This was a pretty fun episode. I liked the return of the sea urchin and SpongeBob being small was funny. I liked the bit with Plankton gloating about being taller than SpongeBob and the idea of the Krusty Krab having a play place. There's honestly not much I remember about the episode (except the gross part about SpongeBob being a groomer) though I'm surprised they didn't think of using water to make SpongeBob bigger earlier.

This one was actually fun. I really enjoyed little SpongeBob's journey. Some parts of the episode were too wacky but not too bad either. I kind of get chuckled at Squidward mistaking little SpongeBob for an urchin and trying to kill him. Mr. Krabs thinking SpongeBob is Plankton and sending him to Chum Bucket and the whole exchange with Plankton were the highlights of the episode. Kids chasing their parents for money was hilarious. The twist of soap bubbles making SpongeBob normal again was well done and then it quickly became a great gag when he became Giant. My only complaint with this episode is that I could have done it without kids beating up Squidward and some of gross out gags but overall I liked this. Finally, season 10 is over.

Grade: B+

A super hot grill was also kind of a contrived shrinking method, but at least Spongebob invented a new patty dance. That urchin was terribly ungrateful.

Not sure how Mr. Krabs mistaked Spongebob for Plankton, given Plankton's still large enough for him to identify. Chum Bucket was his best detour though. 

All the parents running away was a funny gag. Penny a year thing felt like a reference. Episode definitely lost "steam" at the end with the gross odd jobs. 

End was once again illogical since Spongebob never seems to have trouble controlling his size and sponge abilities. "Make a left at the light" partially made up for it.

Season 10 didn't leave us waiting for much. Very middle of the road episode with some plot pitfalls. C.

This episode is so middle-of-the-road it hurts. Only one scene in entire thing was remotely funny - scene with Plankton. That's it. This episode just doesn't have comedy at all. Not to mention that "shrinking" plot is cliche as heck.