• Advertisement

Best and Worst of Entertainment 2017: Episode VI Return of the Lists

Clappy

Due to the upcoming holiday next week and my best friend getting married shortly after, I'm not sure how active I'll be, so I figured why not make the thread now to get the hype train rolling.

Yes 2017 has come and gone, pretty quickly might I add.  So you know what that means.  It's that time again.  The most wonderful time of the year.  The time of the year where SBC members make their best and worst of the year lists for entertainment.  As much of an annual tradition as making fun of Nuggets introduction topic.

As always, feel free to participate as we rank our favorites and least favorites of media from this year from movies to music to television or all three.  Hell @President Squidward said last year we should start listing the best and worst commercials :funny:.  Whatever you choose to do, as always this thread is about fun.  So let's gather as a community and I can't wait for December to come.

• Like 4
  • Happy 1

2 hours ago, Dr. WhoBruh said:

ayyy, can we make commentary on our 2016 lists first? (smirk)

Do what you want man.  I've got no commentary on my 2016 lists because they were perfect, but if you feel the need, take it away man.

I might've changed some things about my music lists (7 Years would definitely be my worst after rewatching Todd's review and being reminded how bad the lyrics are) and I'd put Roses over Don't Let Me Down in my top 10. Maybe switch out Never Forget You for Sorry by Beyonce. I wish I'd given a shout out to Perfect by One Direction too. It may sound similar to Style, but I still dig it.  Probably wouldn't put Cake by the Ocean on the worst list because I ended up coming around to it. And after seeing 20th Century Women a few months ago, I definitely would've put it on my list of top 10 films or at least an honorable mention. My TV list was great and I wouldn't change it.

Edited by Katniss

4 hours ago, President Squidward said:

The commercial idea would be cool... but I know no one really cares about commercials like I do :funny: Perhaps maybe a "Best and Worst Super Bowl commercial list"? I don't know.

There is no best because literally all of them were unmemorable or.....extremely disturbing

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

HAPPY LIST SEASON TO ALL!

I'll be posting the best television shows of 2017 list hopefully this weekend if all goes according to plan, but I wanted to try something different this year.  A few months ago, I said that I wasn't going to do a worst of the year list because I didn't have much to talk about in comparison to the lengthy posts I've done in the past about the worst shows of said year.  And that's still the case.

But it just doesn't feel right not having my opinions out there on what I found to be shitty television programming.  So I decided to write a list out anyway.  It doesn't have the full amount of effort as in years past, but I've always considered this to be my worst list to write anyway.  So without further ado:

CLAPPY'S WORST SHOWS OF 2017

No spoiler tags because there will be no videos and there are no paragraphs about any of these choices.

10. Powerless (NBC) – Seriously should have been so much better than what we got with that cast and that team behind it.  Major missed opportunity for the DC Comics Universe.

9. 24: Legacy (FOX) – Just stop with this series.  Fucking stop.  Please Fox.  Let it die already.  Three adaptations is overkill.

8. The Mick (FOX) – Kaitlin Olson deserves so much better than this shlock.

7. Young Sheldon (CBS) – Cash grab that provides absolutely nothing new to The Big Bang Theory universe.  Bazingoaway.

6. The Orville (FOX) – Speaking of people that just need to go away…

5. Raven’s Home (Disney) – Without a doubt going to be the most unpopular pick for this list, but every episode I’ve watched makes this feel like more and more of a soulless cash grab without the heart of the original.

4.  Wisdom of the Crowd (CBS)– This takes itself way too seriously to the point that it becomes unbearable.  Plus, Jeremy Piven has done himself zero favors for being revealed as a total creep.

3. Big Mouth (Netflix) – Does have some heart deep down and clever commentary about getting older, but you have to get past the absolutely appalling animation and far more disturbing attempts at humor.  Not as bad as I initially feared it would be, but still fucking terrible.

2. Fuller House (Netflix) – This became EXACTLY what I feared it would be last year after a surprisingly okay first season.

1. Marvel’s Inhumans (ABC) – Probably the most botched concept with the most promise in quite some time.  An absolute disaster in every way imaginable.

…okay so maybe there was plenty of new meat for this year, but as you can see, I barely came up with anything bad to say about any of these choices.  Hell some of the usual stalwarts like Family Guy?  They got better (or less worse because it’s not like said shows drastically improved).  So instead of struggling my way through recapping what I found bad, let’s talk about what I found well this year in television.  Because what I did find to be good this year was pretty great.  We are living in a television renaissance people, better get used to it.  Best of the year list coming this weekend.

As always, feel free to let me know what you think.  Am I wrong?  Am I right?  It's my list anyway, but I'll be glad to debate these choices anyway.  Thanks for reading!

• Like 5

Huh, seeing The Orville on the list made me surprised because a lot of people actually liked The Orville or find it more Star Trek than the new Star Trek show :P

I haven't seen latest episodes, tho according to some they were terrible with focusing on SJW and Brian getting kicked out, uhh ok but I'll say Family Guy isn't god awful anymore, it's rather too bland for me to talk about at this point. I did love Three Directors and Passenger-Fatty Seven from this year tho. Such good eppies.

I refuse to watch Inhumans show and I'd rather stick with inhumans in Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.Also Scott Buck is fired from Iron Fist and Iron Fist got a new showrunner who likes the character and martial arts. I'm still gonna stay skeptical but I do have some hope left for the series. If Inhumans get renewed, tho I'm too doubtful, they'll get a new showrunner too. Even if not, it's fine to just let the show die.

Can you explain the heart difference, cause both shows are virtually the same platform of endless Raven antics. That one Booker/Tess episode packed plenty of soul so the new characters are at least capable of that even if Raven/Chelsea are continually over the top.

It's still super average, but making a worst list when it's the only thing keeping Disney from full sink? Eh. Guess I have a more reasonable perspective on account of not thinking the original That's So Raven was that big of a deal. Without the psychic aspect it wasn't that inventive.

I watched one episode of The Mick and I didn't think it was that bad :P Kaitlin Olson is always great.

Honestly don't keep up with Disney Channel much anymore but Andi Mack is surprisingly good. They had a coming out story with one of the main characters and it was handled well