• Advertisement

221b. Stuck on the Roof

Jjs Goodman

Episode Rating  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Roofs: Oh Grilly, I never thought I'd see you again!
    • 4/5 Roofs: Good as new!
    • 3/5 Roofs: I sure do miss my friends though...
    • 2/5 Roofs: Nonsense, boyyo! Just climb on down!
    • 1/5 Roofs: SpongeBob, I order you to come down here immediately!

(No promo image available at this time)

Premieres: 

Monday, November 6th @ 7:15pm ET/PT

Encores:

Tuesday, November 7th @ 4:45pm ET/PT

Saturday, November 11th @ 9:45am ET/PT

Plot:

SpongeBob is afraid to get off the roof of the Krusty Krab, but he won't let that stop him from living his life!

Clips:

N/A

Edited by jjsthekid

This one was also just okay, but slightly more amusing than "No Pictures, Please". SpongeBob's sudden fear of heights was a bit weird, but I just rolled with it. I did enjoy the solution to the conflict at least, thought it was cleverly done. Patrick's brief role was done nicely, I like how he was trying to actually help SpongeBob during his problem even if it didn't succeed. I also liked the meta gag of the fish asking how it's raining underwater. My biggest problem with the episode is that Squidward's treatment was kind of unnecessary and really not that funny (although the shadow puppet massaging him was kind of amusing I'll admit). The ending was kind of dumb but not the worst ending ever, I guess. Overall, it wasn't bad, but I do feel there's better Krusty Krab ideas they could've done than this.

Grade: C+

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 3

Another boring sounding episode that somehow reached my expectations. Then again, Andrew Goodman is a very strong writer aside from a couple of weak spots. I really liked the idea of SpongeBob getting stuck on the Krusty Krab roof and eventually everyone joined in the fun. I know if I was stuck on a roof, it would've been the scariest experiment of my life. It was nice of the citizen including Patrick and Sandy helping SpongeBob get off the roof. And oh, did I spot another Bubble Bass cameo? Wow, they're really wanting to make him a recurring character at this point. Admittedly, the episode is just as good as the previous episode, since there's flaws preventing from being perfect. First up, the pacing is swift and incoherent. Second, there's some predictable moments i wasn't fond of (SpongeBob trying to order Krabby Patties without anyone and the ending where Squidward is grounded). Oh, I did not need to see Squidward's ripped skin, artists, thank you very much. That felt so much like season 6 when the artists especially Robertryan Cory had a fetish for such moments. Oh, and SpongeBob was shaking his butt again. before people complain about this, please keep in mind butt jokes had been a thing in this show as early as Pizza Delivery in season 1. Either way, this was a simple episode that managed to work, even though in the end, it's just another Krusty Krab episode. Speaking of which, I loved that title card. They literally show the Krusty Krab and they even played The Rake Hornpipe as a title card music. Overall, You Bring the Color week is off to a great start. But I think the rest of the episodes except Cuddle E. Hugs and maybe There's a Sponge in my Soup might be even better.

Spongebob has been scared of random things in the past (clowns, having to finish an 800 word essay in one day, not being able to find Gary, and other various things). Being scared of heights wasn't the thing that bothered me. Showing Squidward with RIPPED skin was the part that brought this episode DOWN for me! o.o Ripped skin characters did NOT work in season six, and they STILL don't work in season eleven, and they never WILL!!!! :rolleyes: I liked Bubble Bass' cameo in this episode, even if he really didn't contribute anything! And the fish commenting on how it could RAIN underwater was TOTALLY priceless! :hysterical: Also, one just HAS to wonder how Spongebob can make his hand shadow interact physically with Squidward! Squidward's ending was TOTALLY undeserved! At best, I'd give this episode an 8 out of 10. Enough said! ;)

If I never see Spongebob twerking to dubstep again, it'll be too soon. Don't FOP or PPG yourself by trying to relate to youth through that.

I think if the ladder got knocked over/destroyed it would make this premise more believable.

Very convenient materials tossed in that dumpster I must say. His hand puppet shadows being able to touch things was just the writers trying to find a way around him not being able to ruin Squidward's night. Lazy.

Spongebob really should've looked into a construction job before Help Wanted.

RIP Squidward, who suffocated in that sand. I'll go against the grain (haha sand pun) and say this wasn't as good as No Pictures, Please.

Final Grade: We've been roofied 

• Like 1

Another just okay episode. SpongeBob's twerking at the beginning didn't really bother me, it's a lot more appropriate than have five year old girls do it. It was kinda funny seeing SpongeBob develop acrophobia from a krabby patty splattering on the floor like a body was kinda funny in a morbid way. I don't like heights either so I can kinda relate to SpongeBob. I liked the humor with it raining underwater, Bubble Bass's cameo, and the attempts to get SpongeBob off the roof.

Kind of a mediocre episode for this season. The show is so hit or miss in terms with doing simple premises. SpongeBob getting stuck on the roof reminded me a lot of New Leafs but still it's a bit different premise and I can relate to SpongeBob with fear of heights. My issue with this is that it's what we've seen in this show before and most of jokes in this episode were rather bland and predictable or they are usual "lets ruin Squidward's day" jokes. Don't get me start on twerking at the beginning. I did like how Patrick and Sandy were supportive and helpful, some scenes like fish calling out illogical rain in underwater were pretty funny and the background was nice. Still this episode left me kind of empty.

Grade: C+

Dreadfully underrated.Always found this episode incredibly relatable,along with tons of funny jokes and gorgeous visuals.And people who didn’t enjoy  shadow puppet scene don’t deserve to enjoy anything in this world. 

On 8/24/2018 at 10:30 PM, Winterghost43 said:

This episode is meh. This episode is just boring and forgettable and that's..... pretty much it. There's good visuals, but that's pretty much all this episode has. The plot isn't very great and there's little humor. 4/10.

I actually like this episode now. It's pretty funny and has great visuals/animation, and wasn't boring. The plot feels a bit off, but that's its only problem. 7/10

This episode became much better on rewatch. Comedy in the episode pretty solid, plot is really relatable and animation is especially gorgeous. 

"Hey, calm down, everyone. I'm sure we can figure something out that doesn't involve violence or...refunds." (c) Mr.Krabs

7/10