• Advertisement

Whodunnit? The Solution!

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

Thank you everyone who played! This was actually a lot of fun to put together. :squilliam2:

A bit of history on the game: I thought I'd add in a "murder mystery" game to Octerror Fest, so I suggested it to the staff before adding it to the festivities. Before Octerror Fest even began, I created the entire plot to the game: from start to finish! For those who thought I was just throwing random stuff out the window, I really wasn't, and you'll see why when you read the solution. Both @The Lich and I had the solution (@Cream was not staff at the time) from the very beginning, and we made some hilarious responses during the entire event.

First, review the overall plot:

On the night of Halloween, the Krusty Krab has its annual Halloween party. Admission is $20, and you get to have fun with punch and you get to purchase Krabby Patties at the low, low cost of full price. Everyone was having a fun. SpongeBob was dancing his usual dance, the sponge, by the kitchen door in case anyone orders a Krabby Patty; Patrick was dancing with SpongeBob; Sandy was getting some punch; Larry the Lobster was talking to Sandy about a new protein shake; Old Man Jenkins was in the bathroom with diarrhea; Squidward was doing some interpretive dancing on the main dance floor; Mr. Krabs was at the register counting his money; Ms. Puff was eating a Krabby Patty at a table while giving Mr. Krabs a flirting stare; Plankton had signed a truce with Mr. Krabs for one night so he could attend; and Squilliam was judging Squidward’s interpretive dance. All of a sudden, the lights had shut off and a very loud scream was heard. By the time Mr. Krabs go to the circuit breaker to turn on the lights, every single Krabby Patty in the restaurant went missing. Fortunately for the Krusty Krab, the restaurant’s automatic lockdown was activated when the power was cut, so nobody could have entered or left the restaurant. Who could have done such a horrific thing?

Anyways, the moment that you all have been waiting for:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

It was....

Spoiler

Mrs. Puff!

Yep, that's right, Mrs. Puff did it! Here's how:

While everyone was busy talking and distracted from the sirens, Mrs. Puff seized the opportunity to grab herself the Krabby Patties. She wanted to keep all the patties to herself so that SpongeBob would smell the patties in her house where she will kill him once and for all. She had to be clever, however: someone would have to be pinned for her wrongdoings. Everyone was in plain sight except one person, so she immediately targeted Old Man Jenkins. He was away for most of the party as old people do in the bathroom, so he would be the most suspicious person! Mrs. Puff used her charm to make Mr. Krabs object to blaming her, and, just to be sure, she bought a Krabby Patty so he wouldn’t be suspicious of her stealing anything at all. While she was in the bathroom, she found the circuit breaker in there, turned off all of the lights by cutting the wires, threw her Krabby Patty at Old Man Jenkins’ stall without him knowing, and made her way to the kitchen, undetected, and took the Krabby Patties. Because the restaurant immediately went under lockdown, she knew she would have been blamed if she escaped, so she thought of a way to hide the patties: on the backdoor, there is an override code to allow exiting during a lockdown. Cleverly, Mrs. Puff knew that Mr. Krabs was madly in love with her and would never share the code to anyone, not even SpongeBob. So she cleverly, by pure guess, typed in “P U F F” and the door opened! She threw the entire bag of patties behind the dumpster and immediately ran back inside and into the main dining room, seconds before the power came back. Nobody suspected a thing, except Squidward who was smart enough to know that Mrs. Puff would figure out the back door passcode. Nobody believed him, however, as Squidward is typically a horrible employee. Unfortunately, she was caught by Patrick's acute sense of smell and smelling the patties on Mrs. Puff and she gave back the patties, lying to Mr. Krabs and saying that she wanted him to follow her to his house for their own little “afterparty.” Mr. Krabs, being so much in love, forgave her, and the party continued as if nothing happened.

So here's who got it right in order of when I received the responses:

Spoiler
  1. SpongeOddFan (Drastical)
  2. OBAB (Drastical)
  3. Homie (Drastical)
  4. DarknessDG (Independent)
  5. Hayden (Drastical)
  6. Cream (Drastical)
  7. Trophy (Band Geeks)
  8. OWM (Drastical)

Which means....

Spoiler

6 points for Drasticals!

1 point for Independents!

1 point for Band Geeks!

This was a lot of fun guys. Thanks for playing! :plankton:

I should've known Patrick's anecdote would've been important. He was the least helpful when it came to questioning. :hehe2: 

This was a lot of fun! I'd love to see a "SBC Whodunnit" series for forum events in the future.

also how is his sense of smell so good when he doesn't even have a nose

• Like 3

Guest hilaryfan80
1 minute ago, PhantOWM said:

I should've known Patrick's anecdote would've been important. He was the least helpful when it came to questioning. :hehe2: 

The fact that this was mentioned in his anecdote... (smirk)

On 10/16/2017 at 4:28 PM, Patrick Star said:

I think I smelled the dumpster in the back.

1 hour ago, Harleni Quinn said:

That's weird cuz when it was said that the thief was not shorter than Squidward, I ruled out Mrs. Puff since she was an inch shorter than Squidward (I checked screenshots of them together)

That threw me off too. I considered Larry for a while because of that clue, actually.

Guest hilaryfan80
1 hour ago, Harleni Quinn said:

That's weird cuz when it was said that the thief was not shorter than Squidward, I ruled out Mrs. Puff since she was an inch shorter than Squidward (I checked screenshots of them together)

37 minutes ago, PhantOWM said:

That threw me off too. I considered Larry for a while because of that clue, actually.

The show isn't consistent at all, just like the continuity issues. See here, Mrs. Puff is taller than Squidward if you consider the hat.

Mrs._Puff_-_A_SquarePants_Family_Vacation_011.png

So... it's kinda a draw here. If we do another Whodunnit, I'll be sure to remove all physical hints unless it's something very consistent like a color.