• Advertisement

How do you deal with depression and anxiety?

Turo

I have been feeling like a downer for past couple of weeks with my health being at risk, me feeling so alone and hating myself, overthinking and not doing anything at all.

How do you handle it? Is it still there or did you find a way to make your life more relaxed and happier? How do you respond to your own unhappiness? I could hear some experience or some advice from all of you to make my life work or anything really.

Discuss here.

-Keeping all of your problems inside of you is never the solution to anxiety, depression, or anything else that's getting you down and making it difficult to function. Always open up to people, and remind yourself that they support you and they're going to be there to listen to you. Never feel as if you're burdening those people. They care about you. 

-Try your best to think long-term about what's causing your stress. Try asking yourself if, in a few years, if it'll really matter to you what you're freaking out about. Contextualize your problems. 

-Remember to focus on the things that you have to look forward to. I think Hayden has the right idea about creating things to look forward to. I know I personally do that with SBC events and by taking classes I enjoy. 

Always try to live your best life in spite of what's keeping you down. Anxiety/depression aren't things you can easily rid yourself of, but it's something you can always work around and learn to live with.

• Like 3

I take lots of medicine for my anxiety which works okay but it also kinda makes me less happy and cheerful and more boring and uncool which is stinky! When I want to feel happy these days I usually tend to look at cute animal pics or watch funny videos or even do some homework to get some of that stress out of the way (bc lots of my anxiety comes from school I think!) but sometimes I succumb to the darkness and end up watching spooky ghost shows or reading about/watching stuff about freaky true crimes that usually involve death :0 which may end up freaking me out and i end up looking at more cute animals! 

anyways as for my life in general i try to surround myself with happiness and good things that make me happy! I honestly think following all those cute wholesome dog accounts on Instagram have really made me a happier and more positive person overall! good luck my pal! :)

• Like 3

Guest hilaryfan80

I listen to sad emo music and it helps a lot. I also remind myself that there's nothing I can do to change the past but I can change the future and make it better. Usually this works, save some very specific situations that took me over a year to get over.

I don’t repress my emotions because it makes things worse for me knowing that my anxiety or whatever I’m upset about is still in there not coming out.

I find someone to vent too about whatever is bothering me like someone that I can trust to not tell anyone.

If that doesn’t work, I go for a run or workout because it’s just me doing a physical activity to release all my built up energy while listening to music (which is a two for one emotion releasing combo).

• Like 2