• Advertisement

222b. Teacher's Pests

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Stickers: Make that two best friends!
    • 4/5 Stickers: Oh well, better make the most of it and grab the best desk.
    • 3/5 Stickers: Brass knuckles, eh? Respect.
    • 2/5 Stickers: Oh, my classroom! Stop!
    • 1/5 Stickers: Watch where you're going you minuscule maniac!

(No promo image available at this time)

Premieres: 

Saturday, October 21st @ 10:00am ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, October 21st @ 4:00pm ET/PT

Sunday, October 22nd @ 12:00pm ET/PT

Plot:

Mr. Krabs and Plankton have to take boating school classes.

Clips:

N/A

The idea of Plankton in a Boating School setting is one I've had for ages, so I'm glad to see it finally happen here.

Edited by The Lich
  • Like 2

The episode was pretty good for the most part, it actually showed Spongebob ACTUALLY have respectable driving skills for once, if only because Plankton and Mr. Krabs were SO busy trying to KILL each other!...Than they HAD to go and ruin it with that ending that came out of NOWHERE!!!! o.o You think they would've LEARNED their lesson from when they used that ending in "Squidbob Tentaclepants," and it didn't work THERE, either! :rolleyes: If it weren't for that ending, I'd probably rate this a 9.7 out of 10. But because of that ending, I can only give it an 8 out of 10.

• Confused 1
  • Wow 1
  • God Himself 1

I thought it was a pretty good episode. I enjoyed the return of the Good Noodle stars and it was interesting to see that SpongeBob was a decent driver compared to Krabs and Plankton, who were to busy trying to kill each other. The explosion at the end was funny, though the very ending kinda weirded me out and reminded me of the ending to SquidBob TentaclePants. But it didn't totally ruin it for me.

I was satisfied to just have this be Krabs/Plankton/Puff. Don't think Spongebob needed to interrupt. He's been in boating class with everyone except Sandy. (Watch, that's next) (smirk) The fact that most of his bad boating luck took a day off at least made him tolerable and not take away the focus.

Highlights:

-The battle for the best desk. (Which is always the desk the other person wants). I remember being a lad that took a girl's desk every day to flirt with her. 

-Krabs/Plankton somehow amassing a giant pile of fruit to constantly throw in Puff's mouth, topped off with a freaking tree growing out of it. Funny as heck visual.

-Puff taking the stars Spongebob tried to give himself with the tree head slam. (Another thing this episode does right, actually making Spongebob sympathetic). 

-The Krabs/Plankton road rage antics were very Tom and Jerry-esque.

-The return of live action explosions after Krabs/Plankton point out how expert they were at avoiding injury.

I do think the ending was a little "been there, done that" but it gave this a reason to air close to Halloween. I'm surprised with all the Kruff going on lately that they only had Krabs address it with the "cutie" comment instead of Puff acknowledging him back. Plankton also seemed impressed with Puff . If they really want to do another Krabs/Plankton/Puff episode in the future, they could turn it into a competitive love triangle.

Grade: B

Holy freaking crap. An actual Mr. Krabs and Plankton episode WITHOUT THEIR USUAL RESTAURANT COMPETITION? MR. KRABS NOT MENTIONING MONEY OR PLANKTON TRYING TO STEAL THE FORMULA? And this all took place in Boating School. This was the most unique and different premise the show has done for a long long long time and it worked. This was the episode I laughed the hardest in years. Ben Gruber is finally finding his place in this show. At first his episodes were too zany and crazy for sake of it with messy pacing. This one was also random with slapstick and fast pace but the thing was that it was actually humorous and it used fast pace to make Plankton and Mr. Krabs compete with each other. Did I mention this is like a miles better version of Boating Buddies? Because it is. Mr. Krabs and Plankton were the ones that caused a traffic accidents in Bikini Bottom because of their pity rivalry. If this was like SpongeBob stalking them like how he did it with Squidward, it'd fail badly but it didn't. SpongeBob was still close to them but the focus was all on Mr. Krabs and Plankton rivalry. To add some bonus. Mrs. Puff took no shit from neither. When they stuffed food in her mouth, she beated them up with apple tree, heck even SpongeBob got some and Mrs. puff took the stars floating from SpongeBob's head. Now that was a great gag of Mrs. Puff punishing them and she wasn't even in the hospital at the end. And can you believe that SpongeBob finished the bloody test but he crashed Mr. Krabs and they all exploded? And SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs and Plankon are stuck together? That was classic SpongeBob ending punchline right there. A lot of stuff in this episode made me laugh, it kept being exciting and joyful from start to finish. This is definitely season 11's best offering so far and one of the strongest episodes the show has ever done in years.

Grade: A+

• Like 2

Ben Gruber, you finally did it! After writing weaker and weaker scripts with characters acting like their post-movie selves (and very out of character most of the time for post-sequel era standards) and fast pacing, you finally made an episode after Unreal Estate that feels close to classic era. Though I for applaud to Gruber for writing tons of different subjects instead of relying on the same type of plots. After making episodes focusing on SpongeBob and Squidward, Plankton, two Krusty Krab themed, a King Neptune episode, a clam fest and a Larry story, he comes up with a boating school plot. Now I hope he can do a Patrick and Sandy episode before he leaves the show. Anyway, this is such a great and hilarious Gruber-written episode of SpongeBob. I'm relieved that he wrote another Plankton episode that doesn't had him get after the secret Krabby Patty formula. I mean, it's another Krabs vs Plankton competition episode, but putting them at boating school was a nice plot device. It looks like Sandy is next, if that episoder ever happens (Squidward went there twice and Patrick attended in season 3). My only flaws with this episode is a few jokes - of course this is Gruber's bread and butter - can get a little too extreme for my likings and sometimes loud. There's also a few predictable moments, making it slightly worse than KPCF. But luckily the characters are NORMAL, and not the exaggerated characterization they had in the certain episodes. Even Gruber managed to make the pacing normal and not the Mighty Magiswords-esque pacing we've been seeing in his episodes. This overall a GREAT episode of the 11th season, which is already looking to be a great season. Most jokes hit and the funniest ones were the instruction video (it's basically Boat Smarts 2.0) and that ending. I did not see it coming. If you didn't know there's callbacks and they were welcome here. Especially the good noodles. Anyway, that's all I gotta say about this episode.

This episode is great. The idea of Mr Krabs and Plankton attending boating school is a great premise, and this episode's execution is also great. All the tons of great jokes they make here are hilarious. While I know that some people say Mr Krabs and Plankton are too immature in this episode, I think it's fine and that them being immature helps the episode be as hilarious as it is.

10/10

Originally written: October 29th, 2017

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............

imageforums.php?img=vvLYwmCH6sBYsjwKCEh9

There's no excuse, Krabs and Plankton are terribly written in this episode.

So the a lot of this episode is a relatively simple one. Krabs and Plankton are constantly battling each other when they're both forced to attend Boating School. It's like...Boating Buddies if...it had good pacing...but even weaker dialogue...

The premise of this episode isn't exactly a bad one. An episode in which two enemies attempt to be better than one another at a goal can be done right. Just look at the Fry Cook Games, that's one of my favorite episodes in the series. But what this episode fails at is picking the right characters to place in this scenario. I'd give it a pass if the main conflict revolved around Plankton and Krabs trying to outwit each other in different attempts to prove whose the better driver (Since they both consider each other lousy drivers at the start of the episode), but no! Their actions have no proper motivations! Plankton just acts completely out of character, like an immature kid in elementary school. If there was a reason for Plankton to act this way I'd understand, but there's no explanation as to why he's so out of character! Salsa Imbecillicus had an excuse for the duo to act like kids, since their knowledge was stripped away from them. It was interesting to see how they responded to one another as if they're totally different people (A similar comparison being Rick and Morty's interactions in Morty's Mind Blowers, and even in Rest and Ricklaxation. They acted like completely different people, yes, but there was a reason why they're acted different. They were stripped away of their personality, whereas in this case Plankton and Krabs' personality just completely alter for no given explanation. Maybe Plankton's want for domination in the class motivates Krabs to go beserk and challenge him, and even then there's no excuse for Plankton to do half the things he does in this episode, especially in that chair sequence, ooh, that drives me nuts).

These two were written more like ignorant TTG characters, especially after they both crash into each other for the final time. Krabs' simple agreement with Plankton sounds completely like Cyborg from TTG, completely differing from how Mr. Krabs should react. Again, there is no explanation for why these two act the way they do. Plankton wants to be a pain in the butt, but it's not even the type of pain Plankton usually is! Plankton acts like Patrick at his worst in this episode, not at all like the calm and sophisticated evil genius he is. There's really no excuse for how lazy these two were written. The way I see it, they should've picked two other characters. How about Bubble Bass and Squidward? This would a perfect character team-up to make this episode work! Bubble Bass could fill in Plankton's spot, and drive Squidward over the edge into Krabs' spot, and have to two constantly try to one-up one another out of pure hatred. Yeah, this idea could severely screw up, but it'd make more sense than this team-up!

The only actual good character in this episode is Mrs. Puff. She is perfectly in character in this episode, and even gets out a few laughs (Especially the Mega-Dose prescription line, that was a hilariously dark and twisted line). SpongeBob is likable enough in this episode, though he's definitely not as entertaining as Puff is.

There are definitely a lot of jokes in this episode that are decent to say the least, like the gag with Krabs shaving while driving, but there are a few really funny gags like the one with the prisoners in the car. A lot of the jokes rely on Plankton and Krabs angry at each other, which I've already expressed my frustration about. The main climax of the episode, involving the two racing each other in the cars did have some decent visual gags, especially the one with Krabs' car jumping off it's wheels, but for the most part, it felt lack-luster. The ending had serious SquidBob TentaclePants vibes. It wasn't really needed in this episode, but since it is paired with a Halloween episode, I can give it more of an excuse compared to SquidBob.

Overall, it's a Bad Episode.

I give it a 4.2/10

• Sad 2
  • Confused 2