• Advertisement

215b. Don't Wake Patrick!

Jinjo

Episode Rating  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Pillows: Oh, he'll be fine.
    • 4/5 Pillows: I don't remember eating spaghetti...
    • 3/5 Pillows: I don't remember leaving the fridge open...
    • 2/5 Pillows: Wake up Patrick!
    • 1/5 Pillows: Patrick, no!

W2oiaAC.png

Premieres: 

Saturday, October 7th @ 10:15am ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, October 7th @ 4:45pm ET/PT

Sunday, October 8th @ 12:15pm ET/PT

Monday, October 9th @ 4:15pm ET/PT

Plot:

Patrick is sleepwalking, and SpongeBob is unable to wake him up.

Clips:

N/A

This episode, along with "Feral Friends" already aired in Israel and are floating around online. This episode is also 7 minutes long instead of 11, so it is a shorter episode in the vein of "Gary Takes a Bath" and "The Bad Guy Club for Villains" due to its partner being longer.

Edited by jjsthekid

This episode was just kind of whatever to me. I could see others disliking this, but for such a short episode, I can kind of easily shrug it off and ignore it. Didn't really bug me, but I didn't really find it necessarily entertaining either. The SpongeBob abuse got a bit tiresome (haha) after a while. The concept of Patrick sleepwalking could've been entertaining, but it just didn't really do much interesting. Patrick's theater performance was really the only truly amusing thing I got out of this. I'm also kind of confused at Glove World's presence given their usage of more continuity lately. Would've been nice to bring back Glove Universe, but I guess that just makes the ending of "Glove World R.I.P." even more pointless now. Eh, just whatever. The biggest compliment I can give is the episode didn't overstay its welcome, at least.

Grade: C-

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2

Nothing much to review about this episode. I will say this, it's the calmest episode I've seen in this season, which had the attention spam of an ADHD person (no offense). I think it's because of the lack of dialogue which feels different, because this season was very dialogue heavy (not that it's a bad thing). Although it was kinda dull due to that reason, I thought some of the visual gags made up for it. It should be noted that this is the first post-sequel episode to be board driven (as Brian Morante, the storyboard artist, helped Mr. Lawrence wrote some of the script, probably the only lines for this episode). Although, it's ironic, the shortest season 10 episode had 2 writers. I will give them credits, I liked seeing SpongeBob trying to get Patrick back to his rock house, by going to different places as Patrick sleepwalks. Repetitive but kinda fun. Though, this is the weakest of the Patrick "shorts" episode since Rise and Shine, Donut of Shame, and Pat No Pay were funnier imo. Nothing bad about the episode itself, but it's just an okay episode altogether.

Kind of a waste of time to the point that I wouldn't have minded if after Feral Friends it was 10-15 minutes of commercials. I think the toaster gag was kind of stupid funny since the toast popped out and then fell right back into Patrick, but the rest was Patrick just walking around smashing stuff. (And they made an error since Spongebob's TV switched between broken and not-broken after Patrick walked out). The one blessing was no Squidward abuse, partially because they wanted Patrick to break into a stranger's house, and because the story seemed devoted to primarily making Spongebob's life hell. Especially with that morbid ending.

Grade: Zzzzzzz (Easy joke but it's not like the episode made any profound)

I think it was a pretty entertaining episode, though after a solid one like "Feral Friends", it may come across as underwhelming. At least SpongeBob did try to wake Patrick up, seeing as in more sleepwalker stories, the person just has to guide since it's apparently dangerous to wake a sleepwalker, I'm glad they didn't take that route. Some of it was amusing, but nothing really special.

this one was fine. Not too much to say here but this episode was a decent entertainment. SpongeBob getting hurt felt a bit tiresome but the episode had some other gags to spice it up. SpongeBob putting spaghetti in his stomach was amusing enough, dancing sequence was pretty hlarious and I loved seeing Glove World again (sadly they didn't bring Glove Universe but oh well). One thing I was so glad about this episode was that they made Squidward open his lights on but they never made him appear. Thank god, Squidward didn't have to suffer from Patrick. Also SpongeBob died at the end. Overall, I kind of enjoyed it but it wasn't too crazy about it either.

Grade: B