• Advertisement

4EverGreen Reviews the Best Nintendo Video Games, Year by Year!

4EverFreeGuy

2013...for the most part, was the year of the sub-par video game, at least for me! :rolleyes: The games that I got around to playing for this year, just really didn't impress me as much as they could have, save for three. And this is just to let you know that if you're expecting to see any Wii U games on my lists, I don't know when I'm EVER going to get around to playing any, so if I ever do, than I'll make another list specifically for that time. There are only ten games vying for the top spot this year, but one game by FAR eclipses the rest! :cool: Read on, and find out what it is! /

10. "Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon" Rated E, 3DS / Sometimes, through relatively no deliberate fault of my own, I don't get as much enjoyment out of a game as I should. 2013 was SUPPOSED to be the Year of Luigi, but he DESERVED to get better games out of this year than he did. People were clamoring for a sequel to the original "Luigi's Mansion" for quite some time, and were excited when this game was announced for the 3DS! With new puzzles to solve, new ghosts to beat and collect, as well as raking in the big bucks so you can upgrade your vacuum and flashlight, this is a game that should have been a real winner all around! But some of the puzzles can be pretty difficult, because there are places in this game that require you to hold your Nintendo 3DS system relatively STILL, as in, NOT moving it around, while you use the circle pad to SLOWLY walk across NARROW slices of ceiling/roof floor, and if you FALL, you have to start at the BEGINNING of the infuriating section! I was only able to beat the first mansion, and I thought it was the fault of the game for not giving me any LOGICAL clue for showing me how to enter the second mansion; but it wasn't until later that I realized that it might NOT have been the game's fault for letting me down, it might have been the fault of my OWN 3DS, because my L button mechanism was acting up, getting stuck, and requiring me to press it again to get it unstuck. So once I replay this game on a more stable 3DS, I might be able to give this game a better rating. But for now, this game ends up here. Still, if you want to play a game where Luigi gets to be a hero, this is a game you should play.

9. "Fairune" Rated E, 3DS download game / An unusual video game that plays like a combination between a puzzler and an R.P.G., that ends up being too challenging to be a good puzzler, and not exciting enough to be an R.P.G. Perhaps if the graphics weren't ripped out of an obscure 8-bit NES game, the game might have done better. As it is, the biggest reason this game is here is JUST to say that I actually PLAYED more games from this year than last year. But if you want to try it for yourself, you might like it better than I did. After all, nobody's taste is exactly the same.

8. "G. G. Series: Altered Weapon" Rated E, Nintendo DSI download game / One of only two Nintendo DSI download game featured for this year, comes from a relatively obscure video game company called Genterprise. Their biggest strength was keeping the Nintendo DSI a relevant video game console until 2015, because they were one of the few (and MAYBE, the ONLY company), that released download games for the Nintendo DSI. This video game is a space shooter, that plays like a cross between "Space Invaders" and "Galaga." The graphics, sound, music, controls, and difficulty are pretty solid, the only downside is that this game is a little on the short side. Thankfully, the game is on the relatively cheap side, so if you want to try it for yourself, you'll probably have a solid afternoon at the very least.

7. "Mutant Mudds" Rated E, 3DS download game / This video game plays a LOT like a lost gem from the Turbographx-16 days. It probably has to do with the fact that the game is designed to look like it BELONGS on the Turbographx-16, with sounds, music, and controls to match. Not only that, it also has the INSANE difficulty and challenge that SEVERAL Turbographx-16 video games have! While the ability to travel between the background and the foreground of each stage/level is a neat new concept, it's kind of hard to get through the game, especially if you don't know what you're doing! But if you want a retro little challenge, it's hard to go wrong with a gem like this one.

6. "Galaxy Savers" Rated E, Nintendo DSI download game / The other game representing the Nintendo DS for this year, and it's not even a physical game, you can tell that the popularity of the Nintendo DS was starting to wane this year, due to Nintendo's intense focus on the 3DS and the Wii U starting with this year, and continuing for the next three years after this one! Still, this is a pretty solid space shooting game! The object of the game is to shoot and destroy space junk before it hits the planets that you're trying to protect, as well as any alien craft that tries to shoot at and destroy you! The graphics, sound, music, and controls are all pretty good for a download game for the Nintendo DSI, but there were five other games made this year, that had more effort put into them than this one.

5. "Mario Party: Island Tour" Rated E, 3DS / There are pros and cons to getting this game. There are a number of good things to this game as to why you should get it. Among them, good graphics, good music, good sound effects, pretty solid video game control, and the computer controlled A.I. doesn't tend to be TOO difficult on the easier difficulty settings. But there are also drawbacks. Chiefly among them, there are SOME games that are won almost based TOTALLY on luck, not skill, and the fact that you have to switch between standard controls, using the stylus, or even actually MOVING the Nintendo 3DS system! And unlike the "Mario Party DS" game, it doesn't let you choose as to WHICH types of these games can be turned off or featured! Another thing that was sorely missing, is the lack of TRADITIONAL "Mario Party" game boards, where you collect stars AND coins. It's a solid video game overall, but it may not be for everyone's tastes.

4. "Mario and Luigi: Dream Team" Rated E, 3DS / The thing all the "Mario & Luigi" R.P.G. video games released so far have in common, is that they feature great R.P.G. elements of game-play, have hilarious moments of humor, often break the 4th wall, feature unique characters, and often feature callbacks to the previous entries in the series where applicable. Sadly, one thing the "Mario & Luigi" R.P.G. video games have in common, is that the odd-numbered entry releases seem to be better than the even-numbered releases. This is sadly true for the 4th entry in the series. Although it's a better game in terms of humor and challenge than the second game was, there is one feature that comes up short in the game. That feature is the gigantic boss battles featured in the game. It forces you to turn the 3DS sideways and the play feels REALLY awkward compared to the gigantic boss battles featured in the third game in the series. Not only that, but unlike the previous game, the gigantic boss battles are MERCILESSLY unforgiving and it can pretty much mean game over if you don't beat the gigantic boss just right; by being perfect and NEVER making a mistake, not even once! Although there aren't many gigantic boss battles, its enough of a hassle to be a real nuisance. If the gigantic boss battles had been designed better, or even gave you the OPTION to play traditionally, than this would be a perfect game. But the lack of an option for being able to play traditionally in the gigantic boss battles is the one thing keeping this game from being perfect. Although it's still a really great game to play, I'd recommend renting it first before buying it.

3. "Cocoto: Alien Brick Breaker" Rated E, 3DS download game / An unusual video game, which stars a rather obscure video game character named Cocoto. (Although he has APPARENTLY starred in a number of OTHER video games that I have never heard of). This is a puzzler game, where the goal is to break bricks, in order to attack aliens. The graphics, music, sound, controls, and difficulty are all good, even for a download game! In fact, this is the most IMPRESSIVE download video game from this year! The only reason this video game doesn't rank higher, is due to the relative obscurity of this game. But if you're looking for something different, this game should be right up your alley! (Or street, boulevard, lane, avenue, highway, expressway, or Court, or wherever it is you live!)

2. "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" Rated E, 3DS / The most impressive "Animal Crossing" video game yet, manages to give the player control like NEVER before! This time around, not only do you have your normal goals (collecting fossil pieces, insects, fish, and art pieces) to work towards, in living a virtual life, the FIRST character you choose to play as (to live in your Virtual Town) gets elected MAYOR, and is now in charge of doing everything he or she can in making the town a better place! And there are many different choices to choose from, in regards as to what you choose to build in your Virtual Town, so the variety of different towns has never been greater, than it is within this town! A brand new feature that gets debuted in this video game, is that players can now deep sea dive in the OCEAN, by wearing a diving suit, meaning you can now collect sea animals that you never could before! In addition, the option to travel to a tropical island is now back, and it is better than ever! On the tropical island, you can play a series of challenges, that if you win them, will reward you with valuable silver medallions, that you can exchange for rare items at the Cabana on the tropical island! You can even customize the way your character looks, by changing hair-styles, or even the way your shoes look, making playing an "Animal Crossing" game more fun, than it has ever been before! I just hope that the next new main entry on the Nintendo Switch, manages to provide even MORE great surprises like THIS game did! Until then, I recommend playing this game, for its great graphics, sound, music, controls, and solid difficulty in providing a lot of fun!

1. "The Legend of Zelda: a Link Between Worlds" Rated E, 3DS / Let's be honest; "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past" is a TOUGH act to follow! Anytime a game comes out that not only DEFINES the console its on, but also the ENTIRE generation of consoles from the era it comes out on, coming up with a game that can match that kind of legacy is like asking people to build the Pyramids using today's technology! Well, it might have taken 21 years, but Nintendo FINALLY delivered a game that could match the legacy of "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past." Once again, the music, graphics, controls, tools, challenge, and variety of dungeon layouts and bosses are all top notch. Not only that, but the parallel land to Hyrule, gets a proper NAME in this game; Lorule. And for once, Ganon is NOT the big bad at the end of this game, making it really unique in the "Zelda" cannon. This game does a really good job of living up to the legacy created by its predecessor, and is a good reason for anybody THINKING about wanting to buy a Nintendo 3DS to go buy one! So they can play this game! It is THAT good! /

That's it for 2013! Stay tuned for 2014, when "Pokemon" enters into a "Battle Trozei," a download platform named "Turtle Tale" will charm your socks off, the best NES game NEVER released for the NES appears in "Mighty Gunvolt," and "Super Smash Bros." unleashes the legendary quartet for the 3DS! It will be AWESOME! :D Enough said, true believers! ;)

It's time to list the games fighting for top spot of the best video game of the year, for 2014! o.o Once again, there are ten games fighting for the top spot, with one that CLOBBERS all the rest of them put together! Read on, and find out what it is! /

10. "Woah, Dave!" Rated E, 3DS download game / I know full well that there actually WAS a video game industry that existed before Nintendo entered it and started dominating everything, but there's a very good reason as to why games that were either designed BEFORE the NES, or LOOK like they were designed for a system that predates the NES, tend to NOT do so well in terms of being a video game. Those games, for the most part, tend to be ridiculously hard, frustrating, and yet, somehow very short ALL in the same package! This game plays like a lost cartridge from the Atari 2600 days, with the same graphics, tinny sound, minimal music, slightly improved controls, but still unclear difficulty. The whole game revolves around avoiding enemies, and collecting what looks SUSPICIOUSLY a LOT like Yoshi Eggs. That, in my mind, does NOT constitute as a full game. I'm mostly including this game for completion purposes, as to all the games I've played in 2014. Thankfully, the other nine games on this list are better than this one!

9. "Yoshi's New Island" Rated E, 3DS / This video game served as an in-between sequel game, as it happens after "Super Mario World Two: Yoshi's Island", and before "Yoshi's Island DS". While this game has a good difficulty, GREATLY improved graphics, sound, and music over the Super NES and Game Boy Advance versions of the original "Yoshi's Island" game, and better graphics than the Nintendo DS game of "Yoshi's Island DS", the thing that DOCKED this game major points, was the fact that it made the ENDING for "Yoshi's Island", what TV Tropes calls a "Shaggy Dog Story", as the stork DIDN'T deliver Mario and Luigi to their actual parents after all! (Not that you ever SAW what they looked like to begin with!) Still, this game could've been REALLY great, and it just might be, but just like I had one video game last year that suffered because of a faulty 3DS, this game probably suffered because of it, as well. While I can't prove it, I'm pretty sure that because of a Stuck L button on my 3DS, I was unable to get past a section of the game that required you to actually MOVE your 3DS, in order to move Yoshi as a submarine! Once I get a better 3DS, I'll try playing this game again, and I might be able to rank this game higher. Still if you want a game that allows you to lay metal AND giant eggs, and rack up an INSANE amount of 1-ups, this is definitely a fun game to do it with!

8. "Crazy Chicken: Director's Cut" Rated E, Nintendo DSI download game and 3DS download game / The lone Nintendo DSI game representing the Nintendo DS this year, this is the first time that a long-time running video game franchise called "Crazy Chicken" has EVER entered onto one of my lists! The graphics are pretty good, as well as the sound, music, and controls! In a typical cartoon fashion, you have to shoot a BUNCH of chickens, in two different settings; a movie studio and outer space! While this SOUNDS like a great premise; the trouble with this game is that once you beat BOTH settings, this game offers you no additional content or bonus features to play with, providing little incentive to play this game. Still, if you WANT and MUST play a game that allows you to shoot up chickens in a cartoon-like fashion, this is the game I recommend you play!

7. "Mighty Switch Force 2" Rated E10, 3DS download game / The surprise hit that was "Mighty Switch Force" gets a surprisingly entertaining hit sequel with this game! The female cop from the first game is now a fire-fighter who puts out fires! In this game, you have to rescue the re-formed Hooligan Sisters (they actually HAD a family name; who KNEW?!), as well as finding and rescuing all the well-hidden Ugly Secret Babies in every stage/mission! Of course, just like the first game, this game has its own fair share of puzzles, as you sometimes have to wash away blocks in order to rescue each sister, and find mechanisms that will aim your water to fires that are out of reach for your character! Once again, the goal of this game with great graphics, music, sound, controls, and difficulty is to go as far as you can! How far you go, is entirely up to you!

6. "Sky Peace" Rated E, 3DS download game / A nice, charming game with great visuals, it wouldn't look out of a place if it were originally a late Super NES video game. It has good sound, music, controls, and a nice difficulty curve. The only downside is, the game is a little on the short side; and you can't really attack any of the obstacles that get in your way. Thankfully, the game is available for relatively cheap, so it's definitely a good way to spend a few days, spending a retro inspired challenge on the 3DS.

5. "Shovel Knight" Rated E10, 3DS download game / Another video game that takes a lot of its cues from the Turbographx-16; this is DEFINITELY one of the HARDER video games to come out in recent years! Featuring retro-inspired 16-bit graphics, music, sound, controls, and a hard-as nails difficulty; you play the unusual (but still epicly AWESOME) Shovel Knight! Instead of wielding a sword; he attacks enemies with his shovel! Not only that, but he can dig FOR treasures with his shovel, and even use his shovel to solve some puzzles. While the plot is pretty deep for 16-bit standards; it's going to be QUITE a challenge to win this game WITHOUT dying...a LOT!!!! Challenge it, if you're feeling confident about your own skill!

4. "Mighty Gunvolt" Rated E, 3DS download game / Just when an accomplished video game player like me thinks that he has seen everything, along comes a brand new video game that throws a curve-ball that I could NEVER see coming! This game absolutely takes us back to the good old glory days of the N.E.S., where all you needed to play a game was 8-bit graphics, simple control schemes, synthesizer music, and a plot BADLY translated from Japanese into English, (but in this case, completely INTENTIONAL!) There are three different characters to play as, but I liked playing as Mighty No. 9 the best. Sure, he looks, feels, and plays an AWFUL lot like Mega Man, but that is TOTALLY not a bad thing; it actually works to this game's advantage. The game looks, feels, and plays like a long-lost classic from the late 1980's era of N.E.S. games, particularly due to the fact that the bosses have recognizable movement patterns and must be utilized to a player's advantage in order to get through each stage and achieve ultimate victory! This is the game retro N.E.S. players have been waiting for, a chance to relive the 8-bit N.E.S. games WITHOUT having to dust off the old cartridge and fire up an old N.E.S. unit! This game deserves to be played for its charm and its unique remix of 8-bit video game adventure days.

3. "Pokemon Battle Trozei" Rated E, 3DS download game / As a video game player and master, I have a wide range of tastes when it comes to what types of video games I play and enjoy. And for my money, nothing challenges the brain more than a well-made, well-crafted puzzle game! What's even more impressive about this game is the fact that it is an original, downloadable puzzle game! I never got around to playing the original "Pokemon Trozei," but this 3DS update features improved graphics, improved sound, great game control, and a very great challenge. The goal is to link up to three or more of the same kind of Pokemon in order to earn points and get a high score; but the real hook is the fact that there is a purpose to linking the icons of Pokemon together. Instead of there being a traditional time limit, wild Pokemon attack a player's health meter. And if the health meter gets completely depleted, it's game over! But by linking multiple Pokemon icons together (especially of the Pokemon type the wild Pokemon is weak against) the player gets to attack the wild Pokemon and earn the chance to capture it for their collection! And with over 650+ possible Pokemon available to collect, dedicated players can enjoy many hours battling against their favorite Pokemon, play against online friends and rivals, or shoot to beat their own high score records! The world needs more great, original, downloadable games like this; and that's why I have played, beaten, and enjoyed this game!

2. "Turtle Tale" Rated E, 3DS download game / When it comes to video gaming, I consider myself one of the top most experts on what happens to be a good video game and what isn't. This original downloadable video game for the Nintendo 3DS isn't just good; it's a SUPERB piece of art! This game harkens back to the early platform games of yesteryear, where the object was to simply run, jump, and shoot at any enemy that tries to cause you harm. This game does all that, but with a surprisingly sweet twist; the player controls an adorably cute turtle named Shelldon with a stamina of four hearts, who uses a water gun to beat up some very bad monkey pirates being led by Captain O'Hare, an evil rabbit who is trying to invade Shelldon's island! This game has beautiful artwork/graphics, nice music, excellent control, and a difficulty learning curve that goes up very gradually, eventually getting harder and more challenging with every successive level. And to the players who complete every level and collect every single piece of fruit, a second, more challenging version of the game is available for play. With more enemies, fewer checkpoints, and a stamina of only two hearts to tackle each level with! For players who want a reminder of what pure retro gaming used to be like, and get a nice little challenge to go with the experience, it's hard to go wrong with this little game that is sure to charm the socks out of the players who enjoy it!

1. " Super Smash Bros. 4" Rated E10, 3DS and Wii U / This is an INCREDIBLE game!!!! There's no other way to talk about this game, other than to call it an absolutely PERFECT masterpiece!!!! I mean, how many OTHER games exist where you can actually say that you can play as Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man, in the exact same game?! There aren't ANY!!!! And not only can you play as THOSE characters, you can play as a bunch of other characters from Nintendo, Capcom, and a bunch of other companies franchises as well! This includes, but is certainly not limited to, Link, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Shiek, Ganondorf, Peach, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Marth, Ike, Samus, Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco, Ness, Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B., Wario, Olimar, Toon Link, and many other characters too numerous to mention! The graphics are absolutely gorgeous, the sound, music, controls, and difficulty are absolutely perfect, and will give even seasoned players a very good challenge, there are tons of trophies to collect, all relating to the history of the characters featured within this video game, and one of the best new features of this video game is the ability to customize the traits of ALL the video game characters within this game! You can boost their attack, defense, or speed, meaning that you never know what you're going to be up against in a multi-player melee! This video game is the number one reason as to WHY you should own a Nintendo 3DS! I do, so I recommend playing it if you haven't already! /

That's it for 2014! :D Stay tuned for 2015, as a download game shows us the amazing wonders of "Citizens of Earth," "Dragon Ball Z" takes us on an "Extreme Butoden," and as Satoru Iwata sadly passes away, he leaves one final legacy, in the incredible 3D re-make of "Majora's Mask!" o.o It will be AWESOME! :cool:

Before I get to writing my next best video game of the year list, I want to take this time to list the top sixty BEST Nintendo DS games that I have ever played so far! Whether in a physical format or as a DSI download game, you'll see where each game gets ranked on a point scale, with 100 being the best (unless it IS the best)! Remember, this only refers to games I have actually played, so if you don't see a game you think should be on this list, that's probably the reason why. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did writing it! /

60. "Flipper 2: Flush the Goldfish" E, DSI 2012; 27/100. 59. "G. G. Series: Ninja Karakuri Den" E, DSI 2010; 28/100. 58. "G. G. Series: Super Hero Ogre" E, DSI 2010; 29/100. 57. "Antipole" E, DSI 2011; 30/100. 56. "Crazy Hamster" E, DSI 2009 32/100. 55. "Castle of Magic" E, DSI 2009; 33/100. 54. "G. G. Series: Drift Circuit" E, DSI 2011; 35/100. 53. "Oscar in Toyland 2" E, DSI 2011; 36/100. 52. "G. G. Series: Altered Weapon" E, DSI 2013; 39/100. 51. "Crazy Chicken: Director's Cut" E, DSI 2014; 40/100. 50. "Galaxy Savers" E, DSI 2013; 41/100. 49. "Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2" E10, DS 2005; 42/100. 48. "Sonic Rush" E, DS 2005; 43/100. 47. "Prehistorik Man" E, DSI 2010; 44/100. 46. "Dr. Mario Express" E, DSI 2009; 45/100. 45. "Bomberman Blitz" E, DSI 2009; 46/100. 44. "Globulos Party" E, DSI 2010; 47/100. 43. "Learn & Speak Spanish" E, DSI 2011; 48/100. 42. "Oscar's World Tour" E, DSI 2011; 49/100. 41. "Wario: Master of Disguise" E10, DS 2007; 50/100. 40. "Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood" E10, DS 2008; 52/100. 39. "Mario & Luigi: Partner's in Time" E, DS 2005; 54/100. 38. "Animal Crossing: Wild World" E, DS 2005; 55/100. 37. "Kirby Squeak Squad" E, DS 2006; 56/100. 36. "Oscar in Movie Land" E, DSI 2010; 57/100. 35. "Dragon Ball Origins 2" T, DS 2010; 58/100. 34. "Mega Man Zero Collection" E, DS 2010; 59/100. 33. "Kirby Super Star Ultra" E, DS 2008; 60/100! 32. "Crash of the Titans" E, DS 2007; 62/100! 31. "Yoshi's Island DS" E, DS 2006; 63/100! 30. "Earthworm Jim" E, DSI 2010; 64/100! 29. "Super Swap" E, DSI 2010; 65/100! 28. "Children of Mana" E10, DS 2006; 66/100! 27. "Oscar in Toyland" E, DSI 2009; 67/100! 26. "Boing! Docomodake DS" E, DS 2009; 68/100! 25. "Super Princess Peach" E, DS 2006; 70/100! 24. "Sonic Colors" E, DS 2009; 71/100! 23. "Drawn to Life" E, DS 2007; 72/100! 22. "Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime" E, DS 2006; 75/100! 21. "Chrono Trigger" E, DS 2010; 76/100! 20. "Contra 4" T, DS 2007; 77/100! 19. "Final Fantasy IV" E10, DS 2008; 78/100! 18. "Pokemon Pearl" E, DS 2007; 80/100! 17. "Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story" E, DS 2009; 81/100! 16. "Pokemon Heart Gold" E, DS 2010; 82/100! 15. "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days" E10 DS; 84/100! 14. "The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition" E, DSI 2011; 85/100! 13. "Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded" E, DS 2011; 86/100! 12. "Sonic Classics Collection" E, DS 2010; 87/100! 11. "Pokemon Soul Silver" E, DS 2010; 88/100! 10. "Diddy Kong Racing DS" E, DS 2007; 89/100! 9. "Dragon Ball Origins" T, DS 2008; 90/100! 8. "Star Fox Command" E10, DS 2006; 91/100! 7. "Chicken Little: Ace in Action" E10, DS 2006; 93/100! 6. "New Super Mario Bros." E, DS 2006; 94/100! 5. "Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride" (What ELSE?!) E10, DS 2010; 95/100! 4. "Mario Party DS" E, DS 2007; 97/100! 3. "Super Mario 64 DS" E, DS 2004; 99/100! 2. "Mario Kart DS" E, DS 2005; 100/100! 1. "Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans" T, DS 2009; 110/100! (Yes, it's THAT good!) /

That's it for my list THIS time! :cool: I'll see you next time! :D

In a way, 2015 was the end of an era. Not only did it see the release of the LAST major Nintendo DSI download games, it also saw the untimely passing of a legendary Nintendo staff-man, Satoru Iwata. Thankfully, Nintendo was able to bring his last great masterpiece to the public, which will be seen on this list. There are nine video games on this list. Read on, and find out what they are! /

9. "Pro Jumper: Guilty Gear Tangent" Rated E10, Nintendo DSI download game / One of the last Nintendo DSI download games to be released, also really pushed the envelope in terms of quirky humor, and surprising difficulty! In this game, you play as a character named Tangent, who's some sort of white humanoid...something, who runs around just wearing a green leaf, and who attacks enemies with a towel for...reasons. A game with such a unique premise, on paper should have been an EASY sell! Unfortunately, it seems as though the game developers couldn't be happy with just a unique premise, and instead felt GUILTY about pushing the envelope unnecessarily. So they made the game NEEDLESSLY hard to beat, with obstacles, enemies, and bosses to beat! The graphics are good, the music, sound, and controls are good as well, just don't expect the game to be that easy to beat!

8. "GO Series: Earth Savers" Rated E, Nintendo DSI download game / The last major Nintendo DSI download game to be released, this space game pulls out ALL the stops in getting you to save the Earth from intergalactic threats, asteroids, space debris, and ANYTHING else it can throw at you! The graphics are top notch, the music, sound, controls, and difficulty are pretty solid as well! This game was the perfect way for the Nintendo DS to go out; with a BANG!!!! And despite the quality of this game, there are STILL seven games better than THIS one! Read on, and find out what they are!

7. "AiRace Speed" Rated E, 3DS download game / Believe it or not, this game actually HAS two earlier installments, on the Nintendo DSI download games, called "AiRace;" and "AiRace Tunnel"; though this is the first "AiRace" game that I have ever played. Utilizing an airplane of your choice, you must navigate your plane through a series of tunnels and corridors, in your attempt to set a high speed! It's one of those games that SOUNDS simple, but proves to be REALLY hard once you get into it! Because your airplane has a limited amount of damage it can take before it EXPLODES, and forces you to start the stage your on all over again! Even though there aren't any enemies to fight in this game, there don't NEED to be any, thanks to the environment of these stages! The graphics are pretty great, the sound, music, and controls are pretty good to. Just don't be surprised to see each subsequent stage get progressively harder than the LAST one! And only by accomplishing certain goals, and earning trophies, can you unlock harder stages to challenge! How far can YOU go?! That, is entirely up to you!

6. "Jet Dog" Rated E, 3DS download game / A relatively short, but a fun, funny, and challenging game; is this little download gem for the 3DS. This video game allows you to pick from a choice of dogs, and using a method of propulsion; you must HURL them as FAR as you can, and keep them in the air for as long as you can! The graphics, sound, music, controls, and off-beat humor of this game definitely help this game stand up more than many OTHER, short-lived download games that exist out there! If you ever wanted an answer to the question, "Can dogs fly?" Than THIS is the video game for you!

5. "Ultimate NES Remix" Rated E, 3DS and Wii U / Just when you think you know all there IS to know about the original NES video game system, this game comes along and throws you for a real loop! Featuring challenges from 16 NES video games; "Donkey Kong; Donkey Kong Jr.; Mario Bros.; Punch-Out; Super Mario Bros.; Excitebike; Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels; Balloon Fight; Metroid; Kid Icarus; The Legend of Zelda; Super Mario Bros. 2; Zelda II: The Adventure of Link; Super Mario Bros. 3; Dr. Mario;" and "Kirby's Adventure", two separate challenges with a SPEED version of "Super Mario Bros." (the FULL game), as well as the Ultimate NES Championship, this game will put your NES playing skills to the test, as you are tasked with the challenge of completing each goal for each NES game within a specific amount of time. The faster you complete it, the more hearts you earn. For each amount of hearts you earn, you'll unlock more challenges from more games! But the most fun part of this game, is the Remix challenges! These Remix challenges don't merely make you perform a challenge from a certain video game, they make you do it with CHARACTERS who NEVER appeared in those games, and you also perform challenges that were NEVER seen in the original NES video games! I won't spoil the fun surprises for you, so if you want to see what the NES was all about, this is a perfect sampler of some of the best NES games ever made, to challenge your skills and reflexes, and I highly recommend it for all NES enthusiasts out there!

4. "Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden" Rated E10, 3DS / A remarkable improvement over "Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2", this game features an improved translation, better controls, GREAT graphics, good sound, music, and a more-well balanced difficulty. It is a LOT easier to figure out the story lay-out of this game! The only slight detraction is that this game uses the JAPANESE voice actors, and not the AMERICAN dub actors; but that's a minor gripe. And there are a LOT of different characters you can choose from; either as full-on fighters, or as support characters. Even though there are SEVERAL characters that are supposedly weaker and/or stronger than others; when it comes to the main fighters (and maybe it's just ME being the seasoned player that I am), but it felt RIDICULOUSLY easy for me to WIN with all the Main fighters in their story-line scenarios! While it doesn't have the strength and endurance that "Super Smash Bros. 4" does, it can certainly hold it's own. And the fact that you can unlock Super Saiyan God 2 Goku in this game, is just SO full of epic awesome!

3. "Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure" Rated E, 3DS download game / Another improvement on this list, this is a follow-up to the DSI download of "Dr. Mario Express." Featuring improved graphics, sound, music, controls, difficulty options, and more challenges to choose from; this is definitely the "Dr. Mario" game that people should WANT to play today! A game that is easy to learn, but a whole lot HARDER to master! And the best part is, that you can either play by yourself, or play wireless with a friend, and TRULY challenge yourself, if you're feeling BRAVE enough!

2. "Citizens of Earth" Rated E10, 3DS and Wii U download game / One of the most interesting R.P.G. video games that I have played, is a download! This game has the same spirit of unique R.P.G.'s such as "Star Tropics" or "Earthbound;" because even though you are playing an R.P.G., you're playing in a modern world, with unorthodox tactics, with unorthodox items, fighting unorthodox enemies! On top of that, there are a lot of places to go to, people to meet, talk to, and even certain people you can recruit! On top of the main missions you can accomplish, there are a lot of interesting side missions you can accomplish to! And the best part of this game, is how relatively easy it is to level up. For every mission, main or side, that you accomplish, you get experience points! Or, more accurately, the three main members of your party at any given moment earn experience points, since the actual main character of the game, the Vice President, doesn't ACTUALLY do any ACTUAL fighting until the last main boss of the game! Recruiting a lot of people not only makes the game easier, you'll NEED certain people to access certain places, make certain items, or change conditions. Some characters can even make leveling up easier, and are really good at healing you! While you can theoretically go pretty much anywhere and do pretty much anything at any given time, depending on who you have recruited, it is recommended that you do certain things first, and wait to tackle other places, later! The graphics and music are very good for this downloadable game, and the fights are always very interesting. You can even get stats on all the enemies you fight! A slight downside to this game (at least, on the 3DS that I was using at the time), is that the game CAN get little glitches if you're not careful. My advice? Save early, save often! It will save you a LOT of head-aches! If you want to play an original, unorthodox R.P.G. for the Nintendo 3DS, this is the game for you!

1. "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D" Rated E10, 3DS / Perhaps no challenge in video game history has EVER been harder, than the one Nintendo presented for themselves in 1998. They released what was called, the greatest video game in history, with "Ocarina of Time." How can Nintendo manage to top itself, yet do something completely different at the same time? In 2000, Nintendo managed to do the impossible; with something that was on one hand, familiar, and yet completely original, at the same time. This remake of "Majora's Mask" is very faithful to the original, with notable enhancements. The game is a lot brighter on the handheld then it was on the console, so it's a lot easier to see where you're going in rooms that were originally too dark to see in properly, and see enemies in the dark a lot easier. The attacks made by Deku Link and Goron Link also work a lot better than they used to, as well. Another nice new improvement, is that saving at the owl statues now equals a hard save, and you don't even need to use your sword to hit it in order to activate it! Learning and remembering who you have helped and what you need to do, is a lot easier as well, as the Bomber's Notebook has been enhanced, in order to remember more people and even specific events that have been accomplished. The way to beat the bosses is a little different than in the original game, but nothing too serious. Besides the superior graphics, the biggest change in this game is the two new fishing holes Link can play at in this game, although that activity is entirely optional. This game builds upon the game-play that "Ocarina of Time" pioneered for the N64 AND the 3DS, and manages to perfect BOTH of the already GREAT controls from those video games! If there is only one new game you buy for the Nintendo 3DS from 2015, "Majora's Mask" is the one; it is a very unique experience you will NEVER forget! /

That's it for 2015! :D When I get to 2016, we will master the difficulty of "Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge", cross a "Dangerous Road" on a 3DS download game, and see "Mario and Luigi," get into a "Paper Jam!" It will be AWESOME! :cool: Enough said, true believers! ;)

•  

Before I get to 2016, it's time to reignite some interest in this club, and I'm going to do that by making a new version of my list from 2007! The reason I'm doing this, is because I've played some new games since the last time I made a list from that year, including a brand NEW video game that ranks at the TOP slot! What video game masterpiece is it?! Read on, and find out! /

12. "Wario: Master of Disguise" Rated E10, Nintendo DS / Wario's first TRUE video game outing in four years; Wario comes into the possession of a Magic Brush named Brushwell, which allows him to be teleported inside the world of his favorite TV series. Using Brushwell (drawing on the Nintendo DS touch pad with the stylus) Wario can change himself into many different forms, or solve puzzles with the help of Brushwell. The different forms allow Wario to disguise himself and master many different disguise forms, hence the name of the game. This game features the slapstick comedy, humor, great controls, sound, music, and graphics that Wario is known for. The one problem of this game is that if your Nintendo DS touch screen becomes unresponsive and won't work (like my FIRST one did in 2010) it becomes IMPOSSIBLE to get through the rest of the game, and you have to get either a NEW Nintendo DS, or a 3DS if you want to continue playing it! Despite the touch screen drawback, its still a great, funny game to play ALL the way through to the end!

11. "Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots" Rated E, Game Boy Advance (not played), Nintendo DS, and Wii (not played) / This video game is a MASSIVE improvement over "Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island!" This game requires actual combat in order to defeat your enemies, which are robotic creations, made by the evil Professor Calamitous! He has captured some of the famous Nicktoons heroes, and its up to Spongebob, Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron, Timmy Turner, and Tak to rescue them from tough mini-bosses, as well as giant, metallic robot boss versions of these five characters. For every stage you beat, you get another Nicktoon character to play as! Namely, Patrick, Jenny XJ9, Mr. Blik, El Tigre, and Invader Zim! There are six full levels, five of them are divided into three stages. A traditional side-scrolling stage, a racing stage where you have to pick up machine bolts and gears to power up the health of giant, machines that the characters pilot, for the boss stages, and the boss stage itself! The final level has three side-scrolling stage sections, which are broken up by two boss-rush stages of the bosses you've already beaten. The first one is two bosses, the second one is three bosses. And the last boss, a giant mechanical version of Professor Calamitous has to be beaten TWICE before you can win the day! Two bonus, alternate versions of Spongebob and Danny Phantom can be unlocked by inputting codes, and you can also collect art pieces of other Nicktoon characters from various Nicktoon cartoons! The DS version of this game has great graphics, puzzles to solve, great controls, great music, and a surprising level of difficulty for a game of this nature. The only downside of this game is that it's a little short. Than again, I am an expert, so I was probably just able to beat it that much faster. In any case, it's still a good game that showcases just how great a Nickelodeon game can truly be!

10. "Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam" Rated E, Nintendo DS and Wii / Note that this review refers ONLY to the WII version as that's the only version of this video game that I have played so far. I REALLY should've listed this for LAST year's video game, but then I wouldn't have had twelve video games for THIS year, so it ends up working out for me! I was nervous about PLAYING with the Wii Remote Control; I had my doubts. But as I learned, I should have NEVER questioned Nintendo's decision to make this video game controlled through motion control of the Wii Remote! It takes a little practice, but once you've mastered it, you can find yourself performing tricky skateboard maneuvers you never thought POSSIBLE...even in a VIDEO game! Tony Hawk is the best for beginners, but there are other interesting skateboarders to, and MANY cool, exotic locales that you get to travel to! Plus, the more you play, and the more trophies you collect, the more you'll unlock! More skaters, more locations, more challenges, and even short little live-action footage of Tony Hawk and crew! It's definitely the best Tony Hawk video game that I've played in years! I enjoyed it, and I highly recommend for anyone looking for all the fun of skateboarding, but without ANY of the risk!

9. "Crash of the Titans" Rated E, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, and Wii / Although this game does have a Game Boy Advance version available as well, it's the Nintendo DS version that left a remarkable impact, in the terms of being the better game! Crash is back, and not only does he have a brand new look, he has some brand new tricks! One of those tricks is his ability to jack (or control) certain monsters. This skill is an essential part to learn and master in this game in order for Crash to solve puzzles, break barriers, and clear obstacles that Crash can't clear on his own. And different monsters have different skills, each of which is helpful for Crash to have at some point, making it well-worth your time to track down and experiment with each and every one of them. This game has great graphics, good music, sound, great controls, a good story line, and good voice casting. Crash's adventure isn't the ONLY main point about this game, but I don't want to give TOO many surprises away! Play for yourself to find out how good of a game this really is!

8. "Animal Crossing: City Folk" Rated E, Wii / It never fails to amaze me how so far, each new MAIN entry in the "Animal Crossing" games is better than the LAST main entry that came before that game. This game is no exception. In addition to the returning hooks such as catching bugs and fish, finding fossils, growing flowers and trees, and buying paintings, you can now even customize how your playable character looks! And thanks to the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection capabilities, traveling between towns that other people have made is now easier than ever! Any game that lets your character live among animals is a good game in my books!

7. "Final Fantasy VI Advance" Rated E10, Game Boy Advance / One of the LAST main games available to play on the Game Boy Advance, also ends up being its BEST! Although its available as "Final Fantasy III" on the Super NES, this game makes enough changes and updates to the Super NES original to allow for inclusion in here! Not only do the sounds and music sound better, the graphics, characters, spells, and espers look better than ever, the controls, story, and overall feel of the game feel better than ever; the fact that there are brand NEW Espers to find, plus an all new challenge to face in a brand new labryinth challenge called Dragon's Den, makes this version of "Final Fantasy VI" a MUST play for ANY true lover of R.P.G. games and video games overall. With this game, Square Enix made sure that the awesome legacy and power of the Game Boy Advance, would go out on a high note, and for that, all players should be immensely thankful to them for providing such greatness!

6. "Drawn to Life" Rated E, Nintendo DS / I'm usually not that crazy about games where you get to 'play' God; real life is filled with enough crazy people convinced of their God status, that I don't feel like adding to it by contributing to video games that advocate it as a popular activity. This game however, is different. The basis of being able to move forward in this game, is to start off as a kind, compassionate God. A race of being called the Raposa (tiny, furry, anthropomorphic creatures) need a hero to save them from the terror of a Raposa gone bad; a villain named Wilfre! So it's up to the player to LITERALLY draw a hero into life! Although you can draw up to three different hero designs, each hero functions the same way. Although there are only four different levels with fifteen different stages between them (including a boss fight at the end of each level), the length of each stage and level MORE than makes up for what could've been a much smaller game! It's actually beneficial to rescure and help out as many Raposa as you can. The more Raposa that are rescued and unlocked, the more rewards and abilities that can be purchased, awarded, or given to the hero! The graphics, sound, music, controls, and story are all charming, but its the hook of being able to literally DRAW your own character that make this game REALLY special! Personally, I enjoyed drawing Conker from "Conker's Bad Fur Day," and Samson from "Camp Lazlo" as my designed heroes! Sadly, this unique game hasn't seen a new installment since the 2008 Wii release. But as long as people are creating, I think that there will ALWAYS be a market, for a unique game just like this one!

5. "Contra 4" Rated T, Nintendo DS / When you're asked to come up with a list of games that cause you to rage quit, one of the video game series on top of ANY of those lists is the "Contra" video game series! In fact, "Contra III" was SO hard, it took Konami SIXTEEN years to come up with a video game that could TOP the difficulty in "Contra III!" I cannot STRESS enough how difficult this game is; not that hard, not that HARD, not THAT HARD...super, duper, extensive, uber, freaking, mega ULTRA HARD!!!!!!! And that's just the NORMAL difficulty level! Don't even ASK about the HARD difficulty level, that's the equivalency of video game SUICIDE! It's a good video game, graphically, control-wise, with good sound and music, but the difficulty may be too MUCH for beginners! But as a nice bonus, the original "Contra" and "Super C" for the NES are bonus games that can be unlocked in this game as well. If you're feeling super confidant about your own skill, and you can stand all the pain that a bunch of aliens can throw at you, than "Contra 4" is DEFINITELY a video game that can challenge you!

4. "Pokemon Pearl" Rated E, Nintendo DS / The "Pokemon" video game series had managed to change and evolve through three game generations, and even had one of those generations remade! "Pokemon" had generated many merchandised characters, and had a huge fan base. So people were wondering if it was possible for Nintendo to make ANOTHER "Pokemon" game without repeating themselves in any way. The resounding answer was; YES! They COULD! With it's partner game "Pokemon Diamond," the fourth generation of "Pokemon" games introduced what was THEN, the largest Pokemon library up to that point; 493 POSSIBLE different Pokemon to collect, some of them with multiple different forms! (Incidentally, this video game OWES me about FOUR years of my LIFE that I spent in collecting SO many Pokemon for this game!) Also, brand new HM moves were introduced; De-fog, which could clear cloudy conditions, and Rock Climb, which allowed Pokemon to scale certain rocky cliffs! In addition to an EXTENSIVE game with brand new graphical update twists, great music, sound, controls, and story facing off against Team Galactic, a nice new feature of this game is the ability to go underground, and dig for buried treasures! Rare items can often be found only in the dirt, and not anywhere else; and the occurrence of certain items changes depending on the location of the character at any given point, so there's incentive to explore everywhere! Unfortunately, the amount of time one can spend on this game actually HELPS to work against it, as trying to collect as many Pokemon possible becomes an exercise in difficulty, in striving to complete the most Pokemon possible. It's a lot easier with the help of the Game Boy Advance Pokemon games. By having a copy of any of the Game Boy Advance "Pokemon" games in a Nintendo DS at the same time as "Pokemon Pearl," it's possible to transfer Pokemon FROM the Game Boy Advance games, to the Nintendo DS. But you WON'T be able to transfer them back, so be warned. This is still a good game, though, despite the long length.

3. "Diddy Kong Racing DS" Rated E, Nintendo DS / The last great game from Rareware, is this revival of an N64 original! Maybe on paper, the idea for Rare to jump ship from Nintendo to Microsoft LOOKED like a good idea, but of course, it has turned into an absolute MESS for Rare. There's not a single game that they've RELEASED on a Microsoft console that is even CLOSE to the level of what Rare would consider an AVERAGE game...on the N.E.S.!!!! So it comes as no surprise to me that the last great game that Rare has made so far, is available ON a Nintendo system! In this DS remake, the graphics have been polished up, the sound effects and music sound better than ever, there's now an option to customize the way your vehicles look, and by collecting Rare coins (pun intended!), you can also upgrade your vehicles to make them faster and race better! My personal favorite racers are Bumper and Timber. If you're looking for a good example of what a great game from Rare is SUPPOSED to look like, look no further than "Diddy Kong Racing DS." I highly recommend it for fans of the kart racing genre.

2. "Mario Party DS" Rated E, Nintendo DS / I lost my interest in the "Mario Party" video game series somewhere after the fourth or fifth installment; they just got too repetitive and derivative for their own good. But I always wanted to at least try a portable version of "Mario Party," but the Game Boy Advance version wasn't going to do it for me. Thankfully, the Nintendo DS version is a LOT better! It's fun! It's ACTUALLY fun! It's possible to play as eight different characters; Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Daisy, Wario, and Waluigi. There are six different board games to play on, and over three dozen different mini-games available for the playing! In addition to the returning solo mini-games, duel mini-games, two vs. two mini-games, one vs. three mini-games, and free for all mini-games, there's a brand new boss duel mini-game for the winner of each party board! Whoever beats the boss representative of each board will be declared the true superstar of each board! And there's an incentive to win, besides bragging rights. There are many different types of badges to win as well, that are obtained whenever different objectives are meant, and it's possible to play wireless with four different people at the same time! The game-play is only limited to ten rounds of play for each board, so it's much more challenging to ratchet up stars and coins then it was in other installments, so you've got to give it to Nintendo for crafting a SOLID, portable "Mario Party" experience!

1. "Super Mario Galaxy" Rated E, Wii / Somehow, it seems Mario always finds a way to succeed in doing things Sonic fails to do. Sonic tried to do an isometric 3-D video game and didn't really succeed. Mario did it and REALLY succeeded! Sonic tried to do a video game based on party table-top board games and didn't succeed. Mario did it and REALLY succeeded! Most importantly, Sonic TRIED to make a darker and edgier update of their story in 2006, and they FAILED in every single conceivable way! But here, Mario actually managed to make a darker and edgier game, and actually SUCCEEDED! While the overall tone of the game itself isn't too dark and edgy, the fact Bowser has kidnapped Princess Peach, trying to take over the WHOLE universe, and is trying to create his OWN galaxy at the center of it, definitely qualifies as being darker and edgier! Not to mention, Bowser and his minions seem to be a LOT smarter in this video game than they have in past video games, in the fact that the villains DON'T hold the "Idiot Ball" in this video game, as they won't 'JUST' let you hit them and pound them into submission, you have to actively WORK to defeat them! Not to mention, the difficulty challenge for this game is all OVER the place! Some challenges are easy enough; others, you have to really work at trying to get past challenges that are on the HARDER side of "CONTRA", in terms of trying to get past them! But the reason this game is my new top fave, is because the graphics in this game are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! The sound and music are incredible, the controls are great, and Princess Rosalina's back-story is pretty charming, yet sad at the same time. Also, this game is a lot bigger than "Super Mario 64" was, it's REALLY impressive the scale that goes into this game! Fire Mario returns, and the Super Mushroom item gets a new lease on life, as it doubles Mario's life from three health units to six! And Mario's new transformations, Bee Mario, Boo Mario, Ice Mario, Flight Mario, and even Spring Mario, are pretty cool to! While you probably won't be able to breeze your way through this game, it is SO worth it to try and complete everything you can, and save Princess Peach from Bowser's clutches, and be able to defeat Bowser's latest nefarious scheme! This is one video game that should DEFINITELY be played! /

That's it for my revised 2007 list! I'll either revise my 2008 list next, or make a list for 2016 list, depending on what I can accomplish first. Enough said, true believers!

It's been WAY too long since this club has had anyone make a meaningful comment on it, so, thanks to the fact that I've played two video games released in 2009 that I've never played before, I have decided to re-do my best of video game list from 2009 on this topic! I hope you enjoy reading this list as much as I did writing it! /

12. "Crazy Hamster" Rated E, Nintendo DSI Download Game / This is a game that SHOULD have used its potential a LOT better than it DID! Sure, it has good graphics, good music, good sound, and good controls, but WHY do you HAVE to do EVERYTHING through the touch screen?! I just think that if you could have been given the OPTION to ACTUALLY CONTROL the hamster, the game would have been MORE enjoyable! It certainly could have HELPED make some of the LATER levels EASIER to actually SOLVE and BEAT! But as it is, there aren't even THAT many levels as there SHOULD be; and even THEN, the game gets TOO hard, too fast! You'd probably be better off spending your money on something else first, before you check this one out.

11. "Castle of Magic" Rated E, Nintendo DSI Download Game / This game used the features of the Nintendo DSI a lot BETTER than the preceding entry, and as such, ranks higher. But unfortunately, this game is brought down by being TOO hard to BEAT in trying to get to the end of the game, because I couldn't beat it even after giving it everything I COULD give it! Still, it was a pretty nice game. Pretty good graphics, good music, good sound, good controls; and you could use standard controls OR the stylus touch screen. Plus, if you need a power-up, a feature within the game allows you to (at certain points) take a picture of something around you, and if the color matches one of the power-up choices at these certain points (it has to be a 50% or higher match), you'll get that power-up! Definitely a better taste of the potential that the Nintendo DSI download games have to offer.

10. "Dr. Mario Express" Rated E, Nintendo DSI Download Game / The Dr. Mario franchise was an OBVIOUS choice for Nintendo to make a downloadable game out of. With better graphics, sound, music, controls, and new modes to choose from, it was a definite step-up from the NES and Game Boy originals, as well as the Super NES update! Sadly, this game has now been greatly overshadowed by its much more successful downloadable sequel on the Nintendo 3DS. Still, you got to give props to Nintendo for being dedicated to making this downloadable game as good as any physical copy game out there!

9. "Bomberman Blitz" Rated E, Nintendo DSI Download Game / I have NO idea why Hudson Soft is SO obsessed with trying to redesign their successful Bomberman character! The original NES character design didn't look THAT good, so I can understand why they redesigned THAT one! But the Super NES and N64 designs looked REALLY good! The chibi designs from the Game Boy Advance era onward, just look kind of...off. (But STILL, nowhere NEAR as bad as the universally DISOWNED X-Box 360 re-design!) Still, if you're looking for a multi-player fun-fest for up to three of your friends, it's hard to go wrong with this frenzy that features explosions, explosions, and MORE explosions! Try it for yourself if you haven't already!

8. "Oscar in Toyland" Rated E, Nintendo DSI Download Game / Prior to owning a Nintendo 3DS, I had always tended to stay away from playing any original downloadable games. I found the idea of playing a game that I knew absolutely nothing about, that video game magazines gave absolutely NO coverage to, completely foreign to me. But with the library of Nintendo DSI downloadable games completely accessible to me, I decided to take a more personal look. To my sheer luck, I found an original gem! A platform game that's a great throw-back to the platform games of the 1990's. Oscar is an anthropomorphic animal (although I have no idea what TYPE of animal he is.) In any case, he's a fun loving kid who's on a quest to retrieve toy's modeled after himself, which have been scattered throughout many different levels and stages! The graphics are incredible, the music, sound, controls, and challenge are all very solid, and it never feels like it gets TOO difficult! There are a lot of different temporary power-up abilities available in this game (and even some temporary power DOWN abilities to avoid!) Needless to say, I hadn't seen a game with THAT level of ingenuity and plethora of power-ups available, since the days of Bubsy the Bobcat and Aero the Acrobat. The only reason why this game doesn't get ranked higher, is that the downloadable game series of Oscar (he has three other DSI games besides this one available to play) is that his series is not as recognizable as the other entries on this list. It's definitely a good choice for players who want to try something different, though!

7. "Donkey Kong Jungle Beat" Rated E10, Nintendo Wii / Even though this video game technically got released five years earlier on the Nintendo Gamecube, there is a reason why THIS version of the game is getting included on this list, it's because I've actually played, beaten, and enjoyed it. For me, I always enjoy games more when I can actually CONTROL a remote control for the video game, instead of randomly beating some bongos, AND hope that my hands don't get sore. The plot for this game is actually an IMPROVEMENT over the version on the Gamecube. Mind-controlled apes and other creatures have stolen a group of innocent monkey's bananas, and they enlist Donkey Kong's help to get them back. Collecting a bunch of bananas in every stage is helpful to Donkey Kong, because those bananas act as Donkey Kong's health points, when fighting a boss once every third stage, at the end of every level. And the more bananas you collect, the more crests you earn for Donkey Kong, up to a maximum of three. Thankfully, since earning crests is pretty hard, it's a purely optional goal. Even though some of the bosses and stage layouts can be pretty hard to get past, the game itself is still pretty short, about as short as the original "Donkey Kong Country" video game. Still, the graphics are pretty impressive, and the music, sound, and controls are pretty solid as well. That's why I put this video game on this list!

6. "Boing! Docomodake DS" Rated E, Nintendo DS / There is DEFINITELY a big gap between the types of games that Japanese people like to play, and the types of games that Americans typically like to play. Usually, Japanese games are quirky, weird, tricky, and tend not to make a lot of sense to the American consumer, so most games designed for the tastes of the Japanese (such as the criminally NON U.S. released "Tingle's Rose Scented Rupeeland"), never make their way to the States. But by some SHEER stroke of luck, this game managed to do what a LOT of Japanese games weren't able to! Not only DID it get released in the states, there was almost NO change in the name of the game's title from Japan to the U.S. The game is a charming, inventive, innovative, unique approach to puzzler games. You control a living mushroom named Papa Docomodake (obviously a Japanese thing) as he searches for members of his family who have suffered several mishaps. There are seven levels to go through, filled with adorable graphics, a touch of humor, solid controls, good music, sounds, and a solid difficulty level! What's unique about the main character, is that he can split himself into smaller, mini Docomodake's, in order to help him solve puzzles. For instance, if Docomodake can't jump high enough to reach someplace, he can split himself into several smaller mushrooms, form a ladder, jump to where he needs to get to, and be able to pull himself together from where he has gotten to! Although the story itself isn't that deep, it doesn't really need to be. The game tells a good story all on its own. The reason why this game doesn't get ranked higher, is because of how obscure it is. Finding a good copy of this game (especially an English copy) isn't easy, but well worth it for consumers looking for something different. That's why this game gets put on the list!

5. "New Super Mario Bros. Wii" Rated E, Nintendo Wii / By all rights, this game should have no right to be on this list, or to do as well as it does. After all, it covers a lot of familiar ground, features a lot of familiar enemies, and features many of the same types of stages that have appeared in a Mario game. So, why does this game rank as high as it does? Because this game WORKS! Everything about this game WORKS! The power-ups, the obstacles that Mario and his friends need to get past, all the enemies that need to be defeated, all the secrets that need to be found, the beautiful graphics, music, and sound in this game, and even the difficulty within some of the stages within this game is a nice, refreshing change of pace from the level of difficulty you'd normally associate with a Mario game. It's fun playing solo, or with a group of friends. That's why this game is now on this list!

4. "The Beatles: Rock Band" Rated E10, Nintendo Wii / Can I just say right now how much I LOVED this game?! Because it was SO awesome! I thoroughly consider myself a fan of rock and roll music, especially if its retro! But if I was to EVER play a video game where the goal is to try to be as good of a rock and roller as you can be; than THIS was definitely the game at the TOP of that list! This video game is a labor of love, as Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and the widows of John Lennon and George Harrison were all instrumental in lending their perspective as to how this video game should turn out. This video game does a pretty good job of following the careers of the Fab Four, from their early days at the Cavern in Liverpool, to their first appearance on Ed Sullivan, their years on tour (at Shea Stadium and the Budokan), their studio albums (such as Revolver, Sergent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, Abbey Road), and their final live concert on the rooftops of the Apple Recording Studios. This video game not only contains several of their big hits, but some more obscure song choices as well. While you can choose to play the guitar or drums, my favorite was getting to sing along with The Beatles, and try to be as GREAT at singing as they were! The game is very graphically good, and the challenge never feels overwhelming. This is definitely a video game that DESERVES to be played!

3. "Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story" Rated E, Nintendo DS / After the slight stumble that was "Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time," Nintendo and Alpha Dream teamed up, and got back to what made Mario and Luigi popular, poking fun at many of their own plot cliches and even at Nintendo itself in general! This time, Mario and Luigi are faced off against a REALLY dangerous foe; not Bowser, but FAWFUL!!!! That's right! The former minion of Cracklella is back to wreak havoc, and he's got a large army to do it with! Not only that, but he proves himself to be FAR more competent at causing destruction than Bowser is! Mario and Luigi would put a stop to Fawful's plans, but unfortunately, they're somewhat indisposed...inside of BOWSER!!!! Thanks to a cursed mushroom, Bowser has swallowed the Mario Brothers and other various objects of the Mushroom Kingdom inside of himself! In order to get out of Bowser and stop Fawful once and for all, Mario and Luigi will actually have to explore INSIDE of Bowser (hence the name of the game) and actually USE Bowser as a tool of sorts in order for Bowser to beat up BADDER bad guys and indirectly HELP the Mario Brothers get rid of Fawful's evil, as well as Bowser's new rival, Midbus! In addition to the great graphics, great music, great sound, great controls, great story, and great difficulty level present in this game, it also contains a LOT of the great humor the "Mario and Luigi" R.P.G. series is well known for. This game is DEFINITELY worth checking out!

2. "Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days" Rated E10, Nintendo DS / Wow...just, WOW!!!! It's been a LONG time since I have truly been impacted by a video game the way this video game has impacted me! It truly is a video game with challenge, depth, ambition, and wild adventures on par with the regular "Kingdom Hearts" games. After playing this game, I appreciate the fact that I played "Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded", first. That game was relatively easy compared to this one, and this game was very challenging to complete by comparison! If you don't know what you're doing or what you're supposed to do, it can be very easy to get lost and miss out on completing challenges that should be attempted if you want to uncover everything there is to uncover in this game. The music is good, the challenges are interesting (even if some of them are unrealistically hard), the characters are intriguing, and the story is AWESOME!!!! The story revolves around Roxas (Sora's Nobody), as he goes on missions for the mysterious Organization XIII. It also examines his relationship to Axel, and a special Nobody named Xion, who is hiding a very BIG secret about her! The worlds you get to visit in this game are Twilight Town, The Castle That Never Was, Agrabah, Beast's Castle, Olympus Coliseum, Halloween Town, Wonderland, and Neverland. If this game wasn't challenging in itself, you also have the option to go on Missions in Mission Mode, or by trying Challenges where you must complete Days (stages) by meeting specific criteria. Although the game does give you a big sense of satisfaction by being able to beat it, but I still think this game should rank just SLIGHTLY lower than "Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded" as a video game, but only because this game is more challenging than its sequel. If you want to play a game that will really wow you, than you should play this game, as it is completely playable on the Nintendo 3DS! It is simply incredible!

1. "Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans" Rated T, Nintendo DS / The reason why this game gets ranked at the top, isn't JUST because it is a "Dragonball Z" game, it's about how GOOD it is made! This game covers the entire story from the beginning of the Piccolo World Tournament Saga in "Dragonball," to the end of the Vegeta Saiyans Saga in "Dragonball Z," and even throws in PLENTY of surprises and Easter egg references to fans of the anime and the manga as well! The graphics for this game are top notch, it actually FEELS like you're controlling the real characters, and not just representations in them. The music and sounds are perfectly ported from the series, to the game. The controls are perfect, and the story game difficulty is among the best that can be found in the entire Nintendo DS catalog! The protagonists in this story are Goku, Gohan, Krillin, Piccolo, Tien, and Yamcha, and every one of these heroes have different strengths and skills to handle different enemies. The best part is, that when certain heroes team up together, they are capable of creating unique combo super moves! The game NEVER feels too difficult to beat, and taking the time to explore the game will help you level up your characters up in time to beat the next boss! (Although to be fair, when you fight the SECRET boss Legendary Super Saiyan Broly, three of your characters should be at LEAST level 75 before you even THINK about taking him on!) Other than that, this game has no other precautions that need to be noted, and is the best game available on the Nintendo DS! And by the way--Vegeta: "It's over 9,000!!!!" Just kidding! But it IS that AWESOME! /

That's it for my video game list THIS time! Enough said, true believers!

Greetings, loyal fans! I found ten games from 2016, that are worthy of being on my list! Even though most of 2016, pretty much STUNK, at least it still HAD good video games worth playing! It's been a while, since I have posted a brand NEW game list on here! I hope you enjoy reading it, as much as I did writing it! /

10. "Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge" 3DS Download Game, Wii U Rated E10 / There are good games, there are challenging games, and there are good games that are challenging. Sadly, this games falls more under the category, of just being a GRUELING, IRRITATING, challenging game! While this game has music and graphics that are on par, with a Super NES game that NEVER actually got released on the Super NES, the placement of the enemies, the obstacle hazards, and the random placement of treasures you have to collect, are placed in a way, that it requires an absolutely PRECISE control, of the game controls for this game. In other words, this game makes some of the stages and levels from some of the "Contra" games, seem almost SANE by comparison! While this game CAN be beaten, be prepared to have a lot of patience and persistence, if you want to beat this game!

9. "Dan McFox: Head Hunter" 3DS Download Game Rated E / Don't get too excited about this game's title. It's not ACTUALLY about a fox trying to hunt for the heads of vicious, dangerous criminals or something like that. It's about a spy fox who's trying to identify suspects from the pictures of people's head shots, hence the name of the game. While the game wasn't much of a challenge (at least, for someone like me), this game ranks above the previous game, for the simple reason that this game WON'T make you want to RAGE QUIT about 200 times in a ROW! So if you want to, you can give it a try, if you're up for something different.

8. "Sssnakes" 3DS Download Game Rated E / This game is actually an updated version of an old, online computer game called "Snakeanoid", not that this is a BAD thing! The graphics, music, and control are VASTLY improved from the original, online computer version of the old game. What this game boils down to, is that you're controlling a snake, that has to eat things, and then make it to the goal. The trick is, the more the snake eats, the BIGGER the snake gets, and you DON'T want the snake to accidentally run INTO itself, or into any obstacles or enemies that litter the various stages in the game. If you want a game that's a retro challenge, this game should be a good game for you.

7. "Digger Dan DX" 3DS Download Game Rated E / This is another updated game; this time, this game is basically an update of "Boulder Dash" originally on the Commodore 64. As the title digger, you are excavating a bunch of underground caves, trying to collect all the gems and treasures you can find, and reach the goal. Of course, this task is easier said than done! Each stage is a puzzle that needs to be solved, and it needs to be solved within a time limit! Also, you have to be careful, that you don't let any enemies, boulders, or any other obstacles accidentally hit you (sometimes, by falling ONTO you), or you'll lose a valuable life in the process! Of course, if you're REALLY clever, you can even figure out how to CRUSH the enemies, or make them EXPLODE by pushing a boulder onto a barrel of dynamite! This is a retro game, that is still an exciting challenge to play!

6. "Dangerous Road" 3DS Download Game Rated E10 / The third, and final game on this list that's basically an updated version of an older game; this time, the game in question is "Frogger". The reason why this updated game gets ranked the highest, is because it has good, updated graphics, music, controls, andis the most CHALLENGING of the updated games! You get to pick from a selection of animals, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, and help them cross across a titled, dangerous road, all while avoiding the speeding cars, trucks, and occasional train, that comes barreling across the screen! If you can beat ALL the stages of this game by using only ONE type of animal, consider yourself a TRUE video game master!

5. "The Legend of Kusakari" 3DS Download Game Rated E / This game is an unusual, hidden gem within the Nintendo 3DS download library. Unlike most games that let you play as a warrior that has to hash and slash dangerous enemies, the job of the main character in THIS game, is to hash and slash the GRASS, so that the warriors who are actually FIGHTING the enemies in this game, won't trip and fall while they are fighting! Of course, this task isn't as easy as it sounds, because as the self-titled grass-cutter, Kusakari, he also has a health meter, and his health meter GRADUALLY depletes over time! And if Kusakari has to traverse over harsh terrain, such as an arid desert or poison swamp gas, his health will deplete even faster! And of course, Kusakari doesn't want to accidentally bump into any enemies OR warriors who are fighting, because he will instanty lose health by doing that. Thankfully, it is possible for Kusakari to replenish his health by cutting the BLUE grass! The bigger, and shinier the blue grass is, the more health he will recover. Of course, this feature won't be available on every stage, or even be located in convenient spots to access, so plan your strategies carefully so you don't get over-reliant on using this feature. Also, this game features a handy guide, that lists various tasks you can complete on each stage, in order to fill up the guide of details about various plants (within the game), for players who are confident about their own skills. This game is a challenge, that is well worth your time!

4. "Super Mario Maker" 3DS, Wii U Rated E / After 31 years of being a video game hero (35, if you count his debut in "Donkey Kong" as his FIRST starring role), Nintendo lets Mario finally give back to the players and the fans, who have stuck with him for so long! For the first time ever, this game lets the PLAYER, come up with the stages that THEY want to play, by allowing them to place obstacles, hazards, enemies, power-ups, coins, 1-Ups, and a bunch of other elements, from Mario's history of saving the Mushroom Kingdom! Even better, this game lets you make stage designs, from four different Mario games! "Super Mario Bros."; "Super Mario Bros. 3"; "Super Mario World"; and "Super Mario Bros. Wii U"; all get representation within this game! Also, if you play the 3DS version, that video game version, has the "Super Mario Challenge", which features 100 custom stages created by video game players from all around the world! If you can earn two medals on every single stage, all WITHOUT the help of using any in-game assistance, consider yourself a TRUE video game master, than extend the fun by creating a stage that YOU want to beat, then challenge others to do the same!

3. "Mario Kart 8" Wii U, and eventually, Switch. Rated E / Let's face the facts, the Wii U did NOT get the killer app games that it really needed, in order to be truly viable, as a video game system. In fact, I didn't play this game (or the next one) UNTIL they came out on the Switch! However, I'm marking down this year, since it IS their technical debut. "Mario Kart 8" is another, solid racing game from the folks at Nintendo! Not only can you race as a bunch of DIFFERENT characters from the Mario series (and some GUEST characters from "The Legend of Zelda" AND "Animal Crossing"), you can also customize the karts you're racing, by customizing the type of kart, tire, and glider that the character uses. Depending on the stage you race on, each kart has its strengths and weaknesses, that make one kart better suited for one stage then another. Thankfully, Time Trial will give you plenty of time to practice your driving skills, to figure out the best character and kart selection for you. And the graphics, music, and controls are all top notch as per usual for a "Mario Kart" game. That being said, the difficulty on the 150 and the brand NEW 200 Course Cups are VERY tricky to beat, and the artificial computer difficulty is exceptionally hard, especially on the Nintendo Switch version of this game! Still, if you want to play the BEST racing game that the Switch currently has, this is definitely the best game to play for that!

2. "Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker" Wii U, 3DS, and eventually, Switch. Rated E / It's been a long time since Toad has been a viable, playable character in a game that WASN'T kart related, or party related! Thankfully, this game corrects the long, overdue, oversight, and finally gives the little guy the respect, and the game, he truly deserves! As this game implies, Toad (and Toadette), are treasure trackers, and they are hunting for treasures in coins and gems, hidden in the various stages that they travel across! And this game, FINALLY puts the difficulty BACK into the "Mario" games, by making it so that Toad and Toadette are being weighed DOWN by a heavy backpack, making it so they can't jump! (Although, you do need SOMETHING to carry all the treasures that you will find within the game, so I do got to give Nintendo credit for that one). The graphics, music, controls, and challenge, are really high caliber! Plus, the major antagonist, Wingo, is a nice throw-back/reference, to the villain of Wart from "Super Mario Bros. 2", in that you ALSO defeat Wingo, by throwing vegetables into his mouth! If you want to experience a fun, challenging game, this is definitely a good game to play on the Nintendo Switch!

1. "Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam" 3DS, Rated E / After the stumble that was "Mario & Luigi: The Dream Team", this game gets back to basics on what makes the "Mario & Luigi" series truly great; fun, witty humor (that isn't afraid to poke fun at itself), nice, challenging bosses, solid graphics, music, and great controls! And best of all, Mario & Luigi get to meet paper counterparts, of various characters from the "Paper Mario" video games! And, they even get to fight in GIANT paper figurines, of Mario heroes that they can create, in order to defeat giant bosses! It's up to Mario, Paper Mario, and Luigi, to save Princess Peach, Paper Princess Peach, from Bowser, Bowser Jr., the Koopa Kids, Paper Bowser Jr. and Paper Bowser, in this thrilling R.P.G. game, that proves that when it comes to video game adventures, three heroes are ALWAYS better than two! /

That's it for my video game list THIS time! Join me in 2017, when Mario & Luigi revisit the "Superstar Saga", the Nintendo Switch allows Mario to go on his BIGGEST "Odyssey" yet, and "Star Fox 2", FINALLY graces the Super NES...wait, WHAT?!!! o.o It all goes down, the next time, I am able to make a video game list for you, my potential readers! Enough said, true believers! :cool:

Since I have been playing a lot of vintage NES games via the Nintendo Switch Online System which allows you to play video games as if you were playing them on a Nintendo System Entertainment System (that you can download through the Online System), and as such, it's given me a chance to beat and enjoy many video games that I might otherwise, might not have ever tried! It is for this reason, I have decided to make brand new versions of two of my video game lists, from 1986 and 1989, starting with 1986! Note that I'll only review the games that I have never reviewed as a game before. /

1986:

9. "Donkey Kong" NES / The original video game that heralded Nintendo's debut as a video game powerhouse, this video game was an obvious choice to bring to a video game system. And while the NES does a pretty good job of presenting a pixel-perfect port, with great sounds, control, and a challenge that can't be beat, the reason why this game ranks at the bottom, is because the difficulty can get QUITE insane, and this version lacks the Factory level from the Arcade version. Still, if you want to experience where Donkey Kong and Mario (initially called Jumpman in this video game), got their start, this is the game you want to play.

8. "Solomon's Key" NES. Puzzler games were pretty tricky back in the day of the 8 Bit NES, this game is living proof of that. Despite the name of the game, the main character is NOT named Solomon, but rather, is a male magician, who for some reason named Dana! (Although I actually HAVE known at least one male Dana in my life, so it's not too unusual). In this game, Dana must rescue fairies to collect extra lives (trust me, you'll NEED them if you're trying to beat this on an ACTUAL NES), and use magic to create and make blocks disappear at will. But there are a LOT of enemies to avoid (or if you're REALLY clever, figure out a way to destroy them), but the enemies USUALLY re-spawn though, and even if you DO get yourself some fire magic that allows you to shoot fireballs at enemies to destroy them, you aren't able to cast very many of them, so this tactic should only be used as a last resort! And the character will ALWAYS lose a life if he takes even ONE hit from an enemy, or a stage hazard such as fire, so self-preservation isn't just a good idea, it's an absolute survival technique for a video game of this nature! The best way to play this video game which has relatively good graphics (by NES standards), good sound, music, controls, and an exceptional challenge, is on the Nintendo Switch, thanks to the helpful innovation of the Rewind System, that lets you practice the timing of your jumps and attacks!

7. "TwinBee" NES (Japan Only). Believe it or not, this video game was actually the FIRST, in a long line of a video game series to come out in Japan, and occasionally Europe. Unfortunately, when Nintendo first tried bringing this video game series to the states, they didn't port this first game, and instead, ported another game within the series, that they dubbed "Strider" for a stateside release. Since it didn't do well commercially or critically, this video game series had to wait until the arrival of the Virtual Console System for the 3DS and the Nintendo Switch Online Service, to finally get its proper recognition! This video game, is an unusual shooting game, due to the fact, that not only are there usually a LOT of enemies flying around, trying to shoot you, but many of these enemies are really WEIRD! Thankfully, this video game allows you to collect various upgrades. By finding hidden bells in clouds (another weird element), and shooting at these bells a various amount of times before collecting them, you can get either an upgraded laser blasts, a spread shot blast, or get a shadow ship upgrade, which produces two shadow ships that follow your main ship around, and while they can't be hit, they can shoot at all the attacking enemy ships! Sadly, the reason why this game doesn't get ranked any higher, is because once you beat enough stages, the game simply loops back around to the first stage in the game. Still, it is an interesting challenge for anyone who wants to play something a little unusual.

6. "Gradius" NES / It's hard to go wrong with a video game entry from the popular "Gradius" video game series. This video game features relatively good NES graphics, music, sound, controls, and a really incredible challenge by 1986 standards! Thankfully, this video game allows you the opportunity to collect and utilize various power-ups within the game! The only reason this game doesn't get ranked much higher, is because it only lasts six stages, and you have to fight the same first boss at the end of the first four stages, FOUR times (although at least it has the sense to get faster, and fire lasers faster each time you face it). Still, if you want to see where the "Gradius video game series got started, this is the game to play!

5. "Balloon Fight" NES / This is really the forgotten video game from 1986, as it doesn't seem to get NEARLY as much recognition as some of the other video games that Nintendo has released over the years, which is a relative pity, because this video game is unique. As a balloon fighter, you fly around, equipped with two balloons, and you have to defeat enemies, by popping the balloons that they are equipped with. While there are occasional hazards, such as lightning sparks randomly shooting out of clouds, man-eating fish in the water, and the occasional red bumper that can send both the character and enemies in random directions, there really isn't much to say about this game, other than its good sound, music, control, and challenge. Still, if you want to try a retro blast from the past, this is a really unique game to play.

4. "Mighty Bomb Jack" NES / This video game is unusual, even by 1986 video game standards! This game isn't just a straight-forward, maze video game, and it's not a straight-forward platform game either, but rather, it is a combination of the two genres. As the title character, Mighty Bomb Jack has to collect bombs for some reason, open treasure chests to collect bags of money, collect emblems that allow him to transform and break open locked chests (that thankfully look different from unlocked chests to make it easy to tell the difference), and by transforming three times, can even clear the screen of all the enemies! Although only four enemies will ever appear on-screen at any one time, the enemies will always eventually spawn again, and will usually move pretty fast. Also, these transformation emblems really don't appear frequently within every stage, so plan your transformation strategies carefully. If you're really lucky, you might come across a rare coin that can instantly remove all the enemies just by collecting the coin! Of course, you have to be careful not to get hit by any enemies or stage hazards such as fire or spikes within this game, as Mighty Bomb Jack will lose a life with just one hit! And while some of the stage backgrounds sometimes repeat themselves, do bear in mind that this game WAS made in 1986, and they didn't have the unlimited resources and memory that we do now. So the fact that they were able to create a video game THIS expansive, just speaks volumes as to how hard video game programmers worked back then! The best way to beat all the stages, and rescue the King within the pyramid, is to play this game on the Nintendo Switch, and utilize the valuable rewind feature! You will be glad you did!

3. "Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels" NES (Japan Only). / 2. "Donkey Kong Jr." NES. / 1. "The Legend of Zelda" NES. / 1989:

8. "The Adventures of Lolo" NES. / For video game players who are long-time fans of Kirby, the main characters of this video game, Lolo and Lala, are in fact the SAME Lolo and Lala who appear within the "Kirby" video games. This video game is another unusual puzzler game, as Lolo usually can not attack enemies directly. He has to move blocks around in such a way, that enemies who can either shoot fire at him, or turn him into stone, cannot do so. Because for some inexplicable reason, even if Lolo is CLEAR on the other side of a stage, an enemies gaze (that can shoot fire or petrify him) will ALWAYS freeze Lolo if there is a direct, unobstructed straight line between the two, which allows the enemies to hit Lolo. Occasionally, Lolo can occasionally pick up a power-up which allows him to shoot a laser gun which can temporarily turn enemies into eggs. Lolo will sometimes need to push these eggs into the water, in order to use them as make-shift stepping stones. Lolo will also occasionally gain the ability to make new ladders over waters, or change the direction of a one-way arrow, so that he can pass it through any direction. While there are good graphics, music, sound, and controls, the challenge of this game feels SO much harder than it has to be, and even then, the game doesn't last as long as it should. Still, if you want a challenging puzzler, this video game might be for you!

7. "Mega Man II" NES. / 6. "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" NES. /

5. "Ninja Gaiden" NES. / Here we are, the BANE of MANY video game players' experiences, and the stuff that "Nintendo Hard" nightmares are made of! Thank HEAVENS for the Nintendo Switch and it's VERY helpful rewind feature, which makes this video game FAR more forgiving and easier to beat, but STILL no less of a challenge! This video game might actually have by FAR, the best video game graphics of ANY licensed NES video game, even reaching the levels of an early level Sega Genesis game, which is SAYING a lot! The sound and music are pretty good as well (though I could've LIVED without the jump button and the attack button being reversed, not to mention, using a special item is practically IMPOSSIBLE to figure out, even WITH lots of practice! Still, it is pretty cool to be able to grab onto walls and jump off or up from them. The story is also INCREDIBLY good by NES standards, as it features what MIGHT be the first appearance of video game cut-scenes between levels, that seem like a pretty good Anime by 1989 standards. Ryu Hayuabasa is on a mission, to (seemingly) avenge his father, and figure out the mystery of the two demon statues, and take down Jaquio and his evil empire of mutant demon spawn! However, this game will REALLY make you work to get all the way to the end of the final boss, because not only do MANY of the jumps within this game require such PRECISE timing, the rate of enemies being able to respawn is QUITE insane; not to mention, this is probably THE video game where the trope, "God-d***ed Bats", came from, as bats, birds, and other enemies always tend to fly at you WHILE where you are jumping, and at the WORST possible time! Which is why the Rewind feature of the Nintendo Switch is SO good to have, because it prevents you from wanting to "Rage Quit", and actually ALLOWS you to be able to beat the Final Three bosses within this video game (although to be fair, the first two are actually HARDER than the last one). If you want to play one of the most challenging (but still rewarding) video game experiences out there, this is definitely a video game you should play!

4. "Super Mario Land" Game Boy. / 3. "Tetris" NES, Game Boy. / 2. "Ducktales" NES, Game Boy. /

1. "Double Dragon II: The Revenge" NES. / Believe it or not, we have this video game managing to DETHRONE the former top video game winner of this year! While the first "Double Dragon" was a very good video game in its own right, this sequel manages to improve on the original, by offering more stages, BETTER graphics, better sound, music, controls, difficulty, and unlike the first "Double Dragon" game, you are able to use ALL your skills from the very BEGINNING of the game! And like "Ninja Gaiden", this game is surprisingly DARK, especially by NES standards! It opens with Marian, the love interest from the first game, being gunned down! Furious, Billy and Jimmy Lee, vow to track down and END the evil Black Shadow Syndicate, once and for all! While there isn't too much to speak of in the way of brand new enemy fighters (as there are only five new enemies in this game who didn't appear in the first one), its the puzzling platform sections in some of the stages, and the fact that the main characters have to fight a lot of ENEMIES in each stage, that can get challenging! Thankfully, the Nintendo Switch Rewind Feature allows this video game to be everything it can be, and can pretty much allow a video game player with any skill level, to be able to beat this video game! Although there are three video game difficulty levels, only by playing, beating, and mastering the "Supreme Master" difficulty of this video game, can you play through every single stage, face the final boss, and earn the true, golden ending of this video game! This is one exciting beat them up video game that deserves to be played! /

That's it for my revised video game lists THIS time! Enough said, true believers!

Since I literally have nothing else better to do, I have decided to post a new version of my video game list from 1988, which includes two NEW old NES games on this list, that are on this list, thanks to the fact that I have now played and beaten them through the Nintendo Switch Online Service. Read on and find out what they are! /

8. "Space Harrier 3-D" Sega Master System. LONG before the Nintendo 3DS system came out, making 3D games was a RISKY business venture. Mostly, it was because the technology wasn't as refined as it would become in the 21st century. But you can tell that Sega means BUSINESS when they make their first noteworthy game, a shoot-them up game, be a 3D game! I actually never even knew this game EXISTED, until I played the Nintendo 3DS download version of it a few years ago! Of course, Sega would have to wait for another year before they HAD a system that Nintendo would worry about, and ANOTHER additional two years before they HAD a game franchise that Nintendo would take seriously!

7. "Ice Hockey" NES. Much like "RoadBlasters," this is one of those games where I don't much remember the point of the game, because of my young age when I played this game, nor did I have much clue on whether or not I was doing a good job. I think I did though, due to the number of times I saw a winning team do a victory sequence at the end of every competition. Sports games aren't really my thing, so the fact that THIS one has managed to stick in my head for so long, is really saying something!

6. "Kung Fu Heroes" NES. This is a video game that is somewhat quirky. Even though it is a beat them up video game, which lets the player become a Kung Fu Martial Artist, this video game is somewhat unconventional, as it allows you to move in every single direction across a single screen of stage, and you can punch, do flip jumps that allow you to defeat some of the tougher enemies, wield a sword that both allows you to attack from a distance, and beat some of the stronger enemies, and you can even find a power-up that allows you to temporarily throw fireballs, and destroy the strongest enemies. The graphics, sound, control, and challenge are all pretty good, and the music soundtrack even includes an 8-bit musical rendition of "Wipe Out". Even though there are theoretically eight levels each, and all of them having four stages, it's possible that by finding secret bonus areas hidden within some of the stages, some of the bonus areas can warp you to another stage, so it's possible to skip out on playing massive CHUNKS of the game! Still, if you want to try this unique video game experience, I recommend doing so on the Nintendo Switch, as it allows you to make use of the handy rewind feature.

5. "Star Soldier" NES. A Space Shooting game, that's kind of responsible for pioneering the "On the Rails" video game experience that many space shooting games have today. Even though it's a pioneer, it's certainly not easy! There are a LOT of enemies flying around, trying to run into you and shoot you! And some shots can even follow your ship around for a period of time, trying to hone in on you! Thankfully, there are power-ups available in this game, which can be obtained by shooting the power spots located at certain spots within stages! Collect one in order to obtain a double shot and a back shot, and collect another to shoot forward, backwards, and diagonally, and allow your ship to take more than one hit, though your shooting capability will be reduced by a level with this happens. Although there are only two different bosses to fight in this stage, the bosses at the very least, get faster and harder to bring down every time you fight them, and they sometimes have an annoying tendency to flee before you can finish them, forcing you to replay through the stage to get back to them! Thankfully, their health doesn't seem to replenish, so that makes it much easier to beat them the second time! There are sixteen stages worth of action in this video game, and I recommend playing it on the Nintendo Switch, and use the valuable rewind feature in order to beat it!

4. "Mickey Mousecapade" NES. Capcom was already a well-respected video game company by this point, having created "Mega Man" and "Street Fighter." But it wasn't until Capcom PROVED that they had the golden touch in converting established cartoon characters into successful video game winners that Nintendo KNEW they had a good thing GOING with Capcom! That isn't to say this video game is easy, because it isn't. But if you can track this video game down and play it, I highly recommend doing so, because this game is a solid BLAST!

3. "Zelda II: The Adventure of Link" NES. One thing that can be safely said about Nintendo, is that they have always been a company that has always been willing to try new things, and they have always been a company to push the boundaries of what a video game can do. What's amazing about this game, is that while there are only SEVEN boss areas compared to the original's nine boss areas, the areas are TWICE as big! Also, the game itself is at least TWICE as long as the original "The Legend of Zelda." If that wasn't enough, the difficulty of this video game is significantly HIGHER than the original! This so far, remains the ONLY video game where Link can actually collect one-ups. This is also the first "Zelda" game where Link can actually GAIN experience, and IMPROVE his stats by leveling up. Link can also learn new attacking abilities, as well as helpful magic spells, in order to help him on his quest. Link also gets to talk to people, in order to find hints about where to go or what to do next. One thing for sure, when you beat this video game, it feels SO satisfying to win, especially if you can do it WITHOUT losing a life!

2. "Metal Gear" NES. To date, this remains the ONLY "Metal Gear" game in the "Metal Gear" franchise that I have played. I really liked the over-the-top, platforming action of the original, shooting up bad-guys, disabling traps, and using different weapons against heavily armored tanks and enemies. What I can't comprehend is just WHY this game has not yet been re-released on a Virtual Console yet! I think there are a lot of people out there who want to know just what the original "Metal Gear" video game is like. The video game itself is pretty challenging (except for the last boss) but the fun challenge of this video game is getting TO the end, not the challenge that waits at the end. Try finding it and playing it for yourself if you are interested in it.

1. "Super Mario Bros. 2" NES. This game is SO impressive, Nintendo had to put out their own MAGAZINE, dedicated to covering video games, and THIS game was the FIRST one to grace the cover of "NINTENDO POWER!!!!" While this wasn't originally a "Mario" game, (it was taken from a Japanese game called "Doki, Doki Panic!") This game plays SO well and handles SO nicely, it helped propel Mario into a lofty status of respected video game icon status! It helped that this game had a merchandising blitz dedicated to it, with lunchboxes, thermoses, pajamas, and other collectibles to numerous to mention, and it is perhaps BEST known for being immortalized in the cult classic cartoon, of "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show" starring Captain Lou Albano as Mario! To date, this game marks the only appearance of Wart as the big bad at the end of a "Super Mario Bros." video game. Which is a shame, because I would like to see Wart appear in another video game someday. But the best part of this game, is that you can play as either Mario, Luigi, the Princess, or Toad, and each character has their own strengths (and weaknesses) towards getting through a game, so each play through can be very different from each other! That is what makes the game REALLY fun to play! /

That's it for my revised video game list this time! Enough said, true believers!

Since it's getting close to Halloween time, I thought that now, would be a good time to list all of my favorite video games, that include a good portion of being scary, creepy, or haunting, in some way, shape, or form, that I have personally beaten, in no particular order. So if you don't see a game that YOU personally think fits this category, I probably haven't played or beaten it yet! /

NES: "Ghosts n' Goblins; Ninja Gaiden; Double Dragon II: The Revenge; Vice: Project Doom". Game Boy: "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening; Pokemon Blue/Red" (purely because of Lavender Town, the Ghost type Pokemon, and the many Creepy-pastas that have surfaced about this game). Super NES: "Super Metroid; Final Fantasy III; Mortal Kombat II; Mortal Kombat III; Killer Instinct". N64: "Ultimate Mortal Kombat III; The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time; Banjo-Tooie; The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask; Conker's Bad Fur Day". Game Boy Advance: "Super Ghouls n' Ghosts; Mega Man Zero; Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls; Mega Man Zero 2; Sword of Mana; Final Fantasy IV Advance; Dragonball Z: The Legacy of Goku II; Final Fantasy VI Advance". NGC: "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest; Luigi's Mansion; The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker; Sonic Heroes; The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess." DS: "Final Fantasy IV; Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days; Sonic Colors; Star Fox Command" (thanks to some of the possible alternate "Bad" endings you can get). Wii: "Super Mario Galaxy; Sonic Unleashed; Donkey Kong Country Returns; Super Smash Bros. Brawl". 3DS: "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D; Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance; The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds; The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D". Switch: "Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment; Super Smash Bros. Ultimate." /

That's it for my video game list this time, see you next time!

This club has gone on WAY too long without any activity in it, so I decided to revise one of my old lists (with two brand new video game additions and an edit to a video game that I have grown to like more than I used to), this is a revised, definitive list for the year 1991! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it! /

22. "Final Fantasy Legend II" Game Boy / I have to be honest, it took me a LONG time to warm up to the sprawling, epic adventures that the "Final Fantasy" series has to offer. Although this is a portable R.P.G. quest on the go, I feel like it just doesn't capture the essence of the series. Of course, that may be due PARTLY to it being on the Game Boy, which can only do so much. Still, this is the first enjoyable R.P.G. experience available for a portable system, and it certainly won't be the last!

21. "Final Fantasy II" Super NES / This game does slightly better than it's portable cousin, but it sadly suffers due to superior re-makes of this video game being easily available on the Game Boy Advance AND the Nintendo DS, under it's REAL original title, "Final Fantasy IV". The core of the story doesn't change in the re-makes, however. It's a pretty gripping story about a young man named Cecil, who initially starts as a dark, brooding anti-hero, only to become a great hero of light! And it all leads up to a climatic, final fight with Zeromus, on the MOON!!!! The only reason this game ranks here, is that the re-makes do a much better job of toning down the difficulty of this game, and making it easier and more enjoyable to beat.

20. “Lagoon” Super NES / I actually like this dungeon sprawling, semi R.P.G. Adventure slightly more than the “Final Fantasy” games this year. This game has good graphics, good spells, and a pretty good story (from what I can remember), and a very good challenge! The only reason why this game ranks here, is that I don't remember much about this game, because it's been so long since I've played it! I'm hoping to come across it again someday, and then I might be able to rank this game higher, on a revised list someday.

19. “The Incredible Crash Test Dummies” NES, Game Boy, Game Gear, Genesis, and Super NES / Back in the early 1990's, car companies everywhere (or at least in the U.S.A.), decided it would be a good idea to stress the importance of driving safely, by using Animatronic Crash Test Dummies. By them, doing the things that no SANE human would ever do behind the wheel, they could (harmlessly) show what would happen to a human who did those things. Their ads got to be so popular, they actually GOT their own video game this year! It's actually pretty solid, all things considered. You don't attack (as there are no actual enemies to attack), but you do have to duck and dodge a bunch of obstacles and traps that you come across, and it's not as easy as it sounds. This review mostly refers to the version on the Super NES, as that's the one that I remember playing. The reason I rank this game here, is simply because I found the other 14 games on this list to be more entertaining.

18. "F-Zero" Super NES / When Nintendo introduced its 16-bit juggernaut to the world, it offered something that no one had ever seen before; Mode 7! This video game technology allowed video game coders to render 2-D sprites, on a 3-D moving playing field, while still keeping the game-play 2-dimensional. This feat of engineering was put to good effect in this futuristic racing game! There are four different cars available to choose from, and it's a high-stakes racing game! You're not just racing to finish, you're racing to stay alive! And you can play solo, or with a friend on a variety of courses! The reason this game doesn't rank any higher, is that the game just doesn't hold a candle to it's more improved sequels, available on the Game Boy Advance, the N64, and the Nintendo Gamecube.

17. "King of Monsters" Neo Geo, Arcades, Turbographx-16, and Super NES / There were many arcade games striving for dominance in the early 1990's. In fact, when the kids game show "Nick Arcade" was introduced by Nickelodeon in 1991, this was one of their arcade game choices for kids to play. It definitely is fun to play as giant, rampaging monsters, and tear through many different cities in order to rack up high scores. But what you have to do, is beat down OTHER giant, rampaging monsters while you do it. It isn't as easy as it sounds, because the game is a little challenging. It is still currently available via the Wii Virtual Console though, for anyone who wants to check it out.

16. "Metroid II: Return of Samus" Game Boy / The Bounty Hunter Goddess herself, returns in a faithful, portable experience. On the planet of SR-138, Samus is roaming through the Metroid home world itself, in order to exterminate the 47 different Metroid creatures inhabiting it! The game-play, sound, and atmosphere of the original, is fully present on the Game Boy. The only downside to this game, is that it's not as long as the original, and there isn't much of a reason to try to beat this video game again after beating it once. Still, you got to give Nintendo props for giving players the opportunity to play Samus on the go! If you want to experience an updated version of this game, play the Nintendo 3DS game, “Metroid: Samus Returns!”

15. "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Return to the Sewers" Game Boy / Konami must have been listening to its fans, and critics over what they liked or hated from the first Game Boy experience; because they stepped up their game for their second portable offering. Not only does this game feature SIX levels instead of just four, it also features TWO different difficulty levels, making for more of a replay value! I wish this game would become available on Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console someday, I think there's a whole generation of players who don't know what's available out there!

14. "Vice: Project Doom" NES / Before "Grand Theft Auto", this was probably one of the most violent, mature video games out on the market! It even graced the cover of Nintendo Power, Volume 25! Taking serious inspiration from "Blade Runner", this graphically impressive video game has you trying to track down, uncover, and foil a sinister corporation plot, with an evil, older clone of the main character, being responsible for putting him and his girlfriend through a bunch of sinister misfortunes! The graphics, sound, music, and controls are all impressive for this video game, and it's now available to play through the Nintendo Switch Online Service! So try it out if you haven't already!

13. "Super Castlevania IV" Super NES / Although the "Castlevania" series has had quite a productive history of featuring various members of the Belmont family (and his associates) of battling against various creatures of the undead or supernatural, which always culminates in a final battle against Dracula, this is actually the FIRST "Castlevania" game that I have actually managed to play, beat, and thoroughly enjoy! The video game has quite a surprising length to it, especially for one available within the first few months of the Super NES becoming available to players in the U.S.! The graphics, sound, music, and controls have all been updated to be even MORE top notch than the original NES "Castlevania" games, and even feature new tricks, thanks to the capabilities of Mode 7! Granted, the usage of this feature within this game doesn't REALLY make a lot of sense in the areas of which it is used in, but it's just for fun, and to make the game more challenging! This is a video game where it REALLY helps to memorize the different layouts of the stages, as well as where enemies begin to appear on the screen once you get there! Dracula won't make it easy for you to beat him; but once you do, it feels SO satisfying to send Dracula BACK to the graveyard where he belongs! Definitely a game you should try on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System Classic Edition Console once you get a chance!

12. "Radical Rex" Super NES / I feel as though this is one of the forgotten gems of the Super Nintendo console system! In fact, it shames me to admit this, but it's SO forgotten, even someone like ME managed to FORGET about this...TWICE!!!! This is the first time I actually REMEMBERED to PUT this video game on the list for this year! As the name of the game implies, you play as a Tyrannosaurus named Radical Rex, who skateboards through graphically beautiful stages with nice music, sounds, and controls for...reasons. It's been a LONG time since I played this game, so I don't remember TOO many specifics about it, but I do know that I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I highly recommend looking out for it if you own a regular Super NES!

11. "Star Tropics" NES / Not only was this video game popular enough to grace the cover of Nintendo Power Issue 22, this video game actually did well enough to warrant a sequel, three years later on the NES...which you can basically ignore! This is an R.P.G. Adventure Game, that while it takes a lot of inspiration from "Zelda II", it's unique in the fact that you play in a modern day setting, and use modern day items as weapons, in order to find Mike Jones' (not the same Mike Jones from The Clash) Archaeologist Uncle, and stop the evil plot of the evil alien Zoda! This features really great NES graphics, sound, music, and controls! And it is now available to play through the Nintendo Switch Online Service! So, give it a try if you haven't done so already!

10. "Mega Man IV" NES / For some reason, this video game did NOT impress me as much as it should have, as I didn't really enjoy playing this game, until I beat it on the Nintendo Switch via the "Mega Man Legacy Collection". Although the bad robots, this time, are created by Dr. Cossack, it's actually Dr. Wily FORCING Dr. Cossack to work for him, due to the fact that Dr. Wily is holding Dr. Cossack's daughter, Kalinka captive! In addition to some unique robot masters and stage designs, another good thing to come out of this game, is the introduction of the Mega Buster shot for Mega Man, which allows him to charge up his Buster Cannon! The graphics and sound are pretty good by NES standards, and is available for pretty cheap on either the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console, or within the "Mega Man Legacy Collection" for anyone who is interested.

9. “Adventure Island II” NES (and eventually, Game Boy) / While I've known for a long time that a Game Boy version of this game existed, it was only recently that I stumbled upon the original NES version of this game, on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console! This game is actually a major step up, from the original! With enhanced graphics, improved difficulty, a new over-world map with many different Island Level designs, clever looking enemies and bosses, hidden bonus areas, and the welcome new addition of being able to ride helpful new dinosaur partners, who provide IMMENSE help in getting past different types of difficulty (such as the Plesiosaur helping you through the water stages, the Pterodactyl helping you through stages that involve a LOT of careful jumping, a red fire dinosaur that can walk on lava and magma, and a blue ice dinosaur that doesn't slide around on ice), this game really shows just how much the NES has progressed in a matter of four years! I highly recommend playing this game, if you HAVEN'T already!

8. "Columns" Game Gear, Sega Master System, Genesis, and Turbographx-16 / With the success of "Tetris" and "Dr. Mario" on Nintendo systems, Sega was looking for it's own puzzle phenomenon to hook players for their brand of consoles. While "Columns" is a pretty solid game on any platform it's on, it's the Game Gear version that gets a mention, because it FINALLY gave Nintendo its first taste of competition on the hand-held market! The Game Gear version itself, is available to play on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console. So see just how well "Columns" can hold its own, against "Tetris" and "Dr. Mario."

7. "Joe and Mac" NES, Game Boy, Game Gear, Genesis, and Super NES / Cave-Man based video games seemed to be a pretty popular subject to go to in the early 1990's. One of the more fun entries from the list of competitors is this one, with the best version being available on the Super NES! The only reason this game ranks here, is that it has been a LONG time since I've played this video game, and I don't remember much about it, other than the fact that I enjoyed it. I hope it becomes available on a Virtual Console system someday.

6. "Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Gear Version)" Game Gear, and Sega Master System / Apparently, Sega wasn't satisfied with just ONE version of their hit video game; they created ANOTHER version for their 8-bit video game systems! Although to be fair, the version available on the Game Gear is actually the ORIGINAL version of what "Sonic the Hedgehog" was going to be about, and the Genesis version is the polished, final version of the game. To it's credit, the Game Gear version is pretty faithful to its 16-bit cousin, you collect rings, 1-ups, Chaos Emeralds, and bust up robots and machines! In fact, the only reason this game doesn't rank any higher, is that the game is short when compared to the Genesis version. But the Game Gear Version is still worth giving a try, and it's available to play on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console!

5. "Super Smash T.V." Game Gear, Genesis, and Super NES / The polished, improved 16-bit version of "Smash T.V.", includes improvements over the original! There are now THREE difficulty levels instead of just one, FOUR levels with FOUR bosses instead of just three, stereo audio including vocal sound-bites (for the Super NES ONLY), and HIDDEN bonus rooms including the normal, accessible rooms! This game was SUPER fun to play back in the 1990's, and a sequel is LONG over-due for its fans! I hope we get one with the Nintendo Switch!

4. "Bonk's Revenge" Turbographx-16 / The history of video game systems, is FULL of both winners, and losers. Sadly, Hudson Soft's 16-bit representative gets lumped in the losers category, and not even because the system WASN'T any good, because it was! The sad thing is, Sega AND Nintendo both had established brand-name recognition with Sonic and Mario respectively! Against those two, Hudson Soft didn't stand a CHANCE with just Bonk to represent them! But it certainly wasn't going to concede the battle without giving it a solid effort! The title is a bit of a misnomer; Bonk isn't the antagonist, and it's actually evil King Drool who is up to no good again! The graphics, sound effects, music, and challenge are all top notch for this forgotten system. It really makes you wonder what might have happened had this system done better, and the games had sold more for it; such as maybe Hudson Soft and Sega against Nintendo, instead of Sony and Microsoft against Nintendo. This video game is currently available on Wii Virtual Console.

3. "Street Fighter II: The World Warrior" Arcades...and eventually, Sega Master System, NES (unlicensed), Game Boy, Game Gear, Genesis, Turbographx-16, Neo Geo, Super NES, and many other systems too numerous to MENTION!!!! / Probably an easier question to answer, is WHICH systems HASN'T this game appeared on! This video game EXPLODED when it hit the arcade floors, and one year later, on the Super NES! There are eight different playable characters, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. The goal of the game is to use one of those characters, to beat up all the other characters! And if you can beat the regular competition, you get to fight against four boss characters! Balrog, Vega, Sagat, and M. Bison! The graphics, music, sound effects, and challenge are all stellar! You can even compete against a friend, to see who has superior fighting skills! It's probably small wonder why this franchise CONTINUES to endure to this day! /

So with 16 games already revealed, that means there are only two entries left to list. So, is it Sega OR Nintendo who gets the crown? o.o It's certainly NOT an easy decision to make, but after careful consideration, my choice shall be rendered here. Disagree? Just TRY to beat me in "Super Smash Bros. 4" for the Nintendo 3DS and prove ME wrong!  /

2. "Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis Version)" Genesis / Despite ALL his attempts to take Mario OUT of the throne and establish a NEW video game system champion, even Sonic's speed wasn't enough to knock the steadfast Mario out of the top spot. The graphics, the sound effects, the music, the challenge, and the levels are all iconic, and are the envy of MANY 16-bit video games aspiring for greatness. So why doesn't Sonic get the top slot? There are only seven levels with a combined 19 stages (25 if you count the Chaos Emerald Bonus stages), compared to Mario's nine levels with a combined 75 stages with 96 different exits! And Sonic doesn't allow you to save your game, which is why Sonic doesn't get top honors. But Sonic was, and perhaps still IS, Mario's most note-worthy competition, and Sonic can still hold his own against Mario, especially when Sega decides to DROP the gimmicks and play Sonic straight! /

1. "Super Mario World" Super NES / Before the 16-bit era emerged, nobody had ever truly witnessed a battle such as the one waged between MOSTLY Sega and Nintendo! Camps were drawn up, and many players were criticized if they even THOUGHT about owning BOTH the Genesis AND the Super NES! Of course, no one ever THOUGHT there was a possibility that Sega would one day work FOR Nintendo; that was about as likely as The Eagles ever getting back together!!!!...And we all now know how THOSE events play out! But Nintendo manages to maintain dominance, even in the 16-bit era! With iconic stages, iconic levels, iconic enemies, and the iconic cape power-up, this game managed to bring Mario into the 16-bit realm, and do SO much more in the process! It introduced the world to Mario's trusty dinosaur steed, Yoshi! With the ability to gulp down many enemies, and temporarily fly through the air after gulping a blue koopa shell, Mario proved that he had what it took to stay on top against Sega. And beating Bowser STILL feels as satisfying today, as it did 26 years ago! There aren't a lot of games that can say that! Try it on a Virtual Console today, and play it for yourself if you haven't already! /

That's it for 1991! Stay tuned for a revised 1994! Some video games will be making their appearance for the very first time once I get around to revising it! :cool: Stay tuned!!!! ;)

I'm not ready to post a revised 1994 list just yet. In fact, for my birthday, I'm going to do something special, and post, a list of an AMAZING 44 video games, that I have played in the year of 2017 alone! Since I'm busy with music projects at the moment (being a D.J., and all), I'll spare everyone the details of why these games are great, and just give you the list itself. Note that I STILL haven't played all the games that I have wanted to play from this year, this will just make it easier for me to make a list that I want to make for my personal topic, so if you don't see a game that you think should be on this list, that's probably the reason why. Anyways, here is the list of 44 video games that I have played from 2017! /

44. "Starship Defense" 3DS Download Game, Rated E.

43. "Crollors Game Pak" 3DS Download Game, Rated E.

42. "Antipole" 3DS Download Game, Rated E.

41. "Go, Go, Kokopolo 3D! Space Recipe For Disaster!" 3DS Download Game, Rated E10.

40-38. "Kutar Powder Factory; Kutar Magic Ball;" & "Kutar Tube Rider" 3DS Download Games, Rated E.

37. "Caveman Warriors" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

36. "Space Dave" Switch Download Game, Rated E.

35. "Squareboy Vs. Bullies: Arena Edition" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

34. "Burnboy" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

33. "Super Treasure Arena" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

32. "Lode Runner Legacy" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

31. "Miles & Kilo" Switch Download Game, Rated E.

30. "Kid Tripp" 3DS & Switch Download Game, Rated E.

29. "Robonauts" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

28. "Ninja Striker" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

27. "Revenge Of The Bird King" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

26. "Neurovoider" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

25. "De Mambo" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

24. "Super One More Jump" Switch Download Game, Rated E.

23. "Croc's World" Switch Download Game, Rated E.

22. "Joe & Mac: Caveman Ninja" Switch Virtual Console Game Rated E.

21. "Double Dragon IV" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

20. "Xeodrifter" 3DS & Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

19. "Shovel Knight, Specter of Torment" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

18. "Mecho Tales" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

17. "ACA: NeoGeo, OverTop" Switch Virtual Console Game, Rated E.

16. "Blazing Star" Switch Virtual Console Game, Rated E10.

15. "ACA: NeoGeo, Alpha Mission II" Switch Virtual Console Game, Rated E10.

14. "Millie" Switch Download Game, Rated E.

13. "Diggerman" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

12. "Bad Dudes Vs. Dragon Ninja" Switch Virtual Console Game, Rated E10.

11. "Blaster Master Zero" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

10. "Croc's World 2" Switch Download Game, Rated E.

9. "Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.

8. "Yono & The Celestial Elephants" Switch Download Game, Rated E.

7. "Nickelodeon Kart Racers" Nintendo Switch, Rated E.

6. "Star Fox 2" Super NES Classic Edition System, Rated E.

5. "Dragonball Xenoverse 2" Nintendo Switch, Rated T.

4. "Mega Man Legacy Collection" 3DS & Switch, Rated E10.

3. "Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions" 3DS, Rated E.

2. "Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition" Wii U, & Switch, Rated E10.

1. "Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom" Nintendo Switch, Rated E10.

/ That's it for 2017! Next time, it will either be a revised list of 1994, or a brand new list, for 2018! And 2018 will boil down to four words: "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate"! Enough said, true believers!

Since I really don't feel like spending the time, or the energy, writing new descriptions for the new games on my revised 1994 list, I'll just list where those games would be located, and what system/s they were for. There were 30 games TOTAL released during this year! I hope you enjoy reading it, as much as I did writing it! /

30. "Brawl Brothers" Super NES

29. "Demon's Crest" Super NES

28. "Bomberman 94" Turbographx-16 / One of the last new games released for Hudson Soft's 16 bit system, this game didn't even ARRIVE in America; it was only available in Japan! But since the original video game version is now available on Wii Virtual Console, I'm counting it as a game that was released this year. Sadly, this game suffers from the same fate its predecessor did. The game was just SO incredibly hard to BEAT! That's why this game only ranks at the bottom of the list. At least Hudson Soft had much better luck in the software department THIS year!

27. "Pop N' Twinbee" Super NES (Japan and Europe only).

26. "Ren and Stimpy: Time Warp" Super NES / For three years, "Ren and Stimpy" had a good run releasing video games MOSTLY for Nintendo systems. But this is where it stops for them. After this video game, "Ren and Stimpy" have NEVER headlined a major video game on their own, although the characters themselves HAVE been featured in a number of Nicktoon crossover video games. Perhaps someday, the "Ren and Stimpy" games will be re-released on Virtual Console, and a whole new generation will be able to enjoy them.

25. "Sonic Blast Man 2" Super NES / The sequel to the unexpected hit that was featured last year, this video game features more of the same (if it ain't broke, don't fix it!) But it WISELY adds two OTHER superheroes into the mix for multi-player options, and makes for a better variety in trying to beat down enemies. I also remember playing this video game, but I don't remember too much about the enemies themselves. It needs to be re-released on a Virtual Console someday, because I want to be able to re-play iconic 16-bit video games like this!

24. "The Jungle Book" NES, Game Boy, Game Gear, Genesis, and Super NES / By 1994, Disney STOPPED relying on Sega and Capcom to convert their properties into video games, and created their OWN video game division, called Virgin software. Unlike Sega and Capcom, which provided hit after hit, Virgin's conversions of Disney's properties have been hit, and miss. Oddly enough, this was one of the original NES console's last new video games, and it sure tried very hard to be as graphically good as the Super NES! The best way to play this video game now, is to track down the Game Boy Advance version of the Super NES game, available for the Super NES.

23. "Super Return of the Jedi" Game Boy, and Super NES / Since I have never really been fond of "The Empire Strikes Back" as a movie, I completely skipped over the video game version of it on the Super NES. The same is not true for the last of the original trilogy. I remember more about playing this game, than I do "Super Star Wars." With that being said, beating this game isn't completely easy. But if you want to play a good "Star Wars" experience for yourself, this video game is currently available via Wii Virtual Console.

22. "Donkey Kong" Game Boy / Before Rareware wowed us with the next generation experience of "Donkey Kong Country," Nintendo reminded us of where it all began, with the Game Boy version of the Arcade original. While it DOES contain the original Arcade level originals, it also includes many MORE levels and stages in addition to the four iconic stages. But just like the Arcade original, the game is IMMENSELY hard, so expect a lot of frustrations and headaches if you try to beat it for yourself. It's currently available on Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console, if you are interested.

21. "Pocky and Rocky" Super NES / There were so MANY video games available in 1993, I couldn't REMEMBER them all! Although it ended up working out fine for me, as it allowed me to have 28 full games for the 1994 list! A charming platform video game, where you can play either as a human girl, or a racoon. This video game was SO popular it ended up getting TWO sequels! One on the Super NES, and another several years later, on the Game Boy Advance. Sadly, this is a video game that has not been re-released on a Virtual Console yet, so consider yourself lucky if you can find a copy for yourself.

20. "Mighty Morphing Power Rangers" Game Boy, Game Gear, Genesis, Sega CD-I, and Super NES / Obviously, I'm going to REMEMBER everything in playing and beating one of the most POPULAR translations of an already existing property, especially one that I REALLY like! Although I have only played the Super NES version, I have heard that the Genesis version is also fun in its own right, even though THAT version plays more like a "Street Fighter II" game than anything, although THAT version allows it to be two-player ALL the time! "MMPR" for the Super NES is a traditional platform video game that allows you to play as all five Rangers, each of them having to beat one monster from the show. Than you play as the Megazord, and you have to beat two more TOUGH monsters from the show! The graphics, sound, music, control, and difficulty are all pretty solid; the only downside is that the game is pretty short. If you want to play the first video game experience of the "Power Rangers," though, this is where you can do it!

19. "Wayne's World" Genesis and Super NES / Another video game that I forgot to include in 1993, I actually didn't BEAT this game until a couple of years ago, when I managed to locate a copy for the Super NES, and beat it then! Just like the movie, the video game is pretty funky, and it contains a lot of vocal sound-bites from the sketches and the live-action movie! The graphics, music, controls, and difficulty are all pretty solid, especially on the Super NES version! But if you're looking to experience on Virtual Console, it can't be found on one, yet. So you'll have to track down a version of this game just like I did if you want to play it for yourself. I found it fun, so I highly recommend playing it if you can!

18. "Clayfighter: Tournament Edition" Super NES / The new and IMPROVED version of the original "Clayfighter" game, this version is available EXCLUSIVELY for the Super NES. Boasting IMPROVED controls, slicker animation, new turbo AND difficulty options, as well as new stages, this version ALSO allowed players to make use of the rarely-used four-controller video game option for the Super NES. By using a special modifier, four controllers could be used for the system instead of just two! This allowed up to four players to beat up against each other using a variety of characters, in a Tournament mode! But unlike it's predecessor, this video game is not yet available on a Virtual Console, which is sad. I would think that playing as clay fighters would be a TON of fun!

17. “Tetris and Dr. Mario” Super NES / Nintendo featuring TWO of their biggest puzzle games on ONE cartridge is a no brainer! Not only do these two games get graphical updates, the music, sound, controls, and difficulty levels are all boosted as well! This game is made even better when you play multi-player against a friend. Sadly, this video game bargain has not seen re-release on a Virtual Console yet. So if you can find a copy for yourself, consider yourself lucky!

16. "Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers" Arcades, Genesis, Jaguar, 3DO, and Super NES / Capcom probably MILKED this franchise a LOT more than it should have! By 1994, players were getting tired of Capcom rehashing the same game every single year, and only making LITTLE updates to it every single year. Ironically enough, this is where Capcom made its BIGGEST change yet; it gave the graphics for this game a complete OVERHAUL by making it look BETTER than EVER, added in FOUR new challengers and stages (plus one secret boss in Akuma), and added in a new combo bonus point system! This game is STILL a lot of fun, and is currently available to play on the Wii Virtual Console.

15. "Super Game Boy" Game Boy and Super NES / Okay, this is technically CHEATING, as this isn't a video game per say, it's more of a peripheral for the Super NES, but it's a very useful one! With this piece of technology, players could play Game Boy video games without EVER having to worry about running out of batteries, because they're playing them ON the Super NES! Not only that, but Game Boy games released the same year or AFTER the Super Game Boy was released, often made use of it! These games featured limited color pallets, and included stereo sound when played on the Super NES! This technology was SO popular, a sequel called "Super Game Boy 2", was released for the Super NES in order to BOOST the capability of Game Boy Color games; but only in Japan.

14. "Joe & Mac 2: Lost In The Tropics" Super NES

13. "Kirby's Pinball Land" Game Boy / Yet another video game that I should have included for 1993, this is a short, but fun and enjoyable Kirby experience! This let's you play Kirby in three different pinball levels. They are divided into three sections each, plus a boss section. You have to beat all three levels and all three bosses, in order to play against the final boss, King Dedede. Thankfully, the wild, unpredictable nature of this game makes it more replayable. It's currently available on Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console if you want to play it for yourself.

12. "The Lion King" Game Boy, Game Gear, Genesis, and Super NES / This was one of Disney's last triumphs in the video game industry for many years, at least until "Kingdom Hearts" came out. The Super NES version gets the real mention here, as it features actual voice samples from the movie! The graphics, sound, music, controls, and difficulty are all solid in all ten levels of this video game, even if there are only two real bosses in this video game. The bonus stages featuring Timon and Pumbaa, are pretty fun as well! This is one video game that DESERVES to be re-released on Virtual Console, it's just too much fun to keep on just the Super NES!

11. "Wario Land: Super Mario Land III" Game Boy / FINALLY! I'm starting to get to the video games where it hasn't BEEN forever since I last played it, and I actually remember the majority of playing and beating these video games! I just want to state that despite the name of the game, Mario has very little to do with this game, and doesn't even APPEAR in it except for a very quick cameo near the end! Despite that, Wario makes a very solid effort in his first video game, as he dons unique power-ups in his search for treasures. If he can get all the treasures, and get the maximum amount of coins in this game, than as his reward, after beating the final boss in this game, Wario will get rewarded with his own PLANET!!!! Who SAYS hard work never pays off?! This video game is currently available on Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console.

10. "Super Punch-Out" Super NES / The original "Punch-Out" for the NES was HARD! Like Super HARD! Like IMMENSELY hard! Thankfully, the difficulty in this game is FAR more forgiving! Featuring improved graphics, sound, music, controls, and vocal sound-bites, this game features 16 opponents for Little Mac (who is blonde, in this game) to challenge and beat! Unlike the original, where you had to beat them ALL in a row, this game is divided into four different Circuits, or sections. The Minor Circuit, the Major Circuit, the Supreme Circuit, and the Special Circuit. In each new Circuit, the batch of fighters you have to fight is even harder than the last. Thankfully, you also get a number of times to re-try the fight you are on if you are losing, but you only get a limited number of them. If you can beat undefeated champion Rick Bruiser AND not lose against a single challenger along the way, give yourself a well-earned pat on the back! This video game is currently available on Wii Virtual Console.

9. "Donkey Kong Country" Super NES / When both the Sega Saturn and the Sony Playstation debuted in 1994, everyone was worried that the 16 bit Super NES wouldn't be able to compete against the two juggernauts. But Nintendo had an ace up their sleeve; Rareware and their ability to crank out graphically OUTSTANDING video games that could even give the Sony Playstation a run for its money! As both Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, you have to trek across a wide variety of levels and stages, finding hidden secrets and bonus items, beating against unique bosses, and it all leads up to a climatic fight against the evil King K. Rool! This is an impressive game in itself, but the sequel for this game manages to impress me even MORE! Also available on the Game Boy Advance, and on the Wii Virtual Console.

8. "Earthworm Jim" Game Boy, Game Gear, Genesis, Sega CD-I, and Super NES / The genius mind of Doug Tenappel, who also created "Catscratch" for Nickelodeon, was behind this MEGA popular mascot of the 1990's! He was SO popular, he even got a successful cult CLASSIC cartoon series on Kids WB! Oddly enough, while the Super NES version boasts superior visuals and sound, it's the Genesis version that I ended up beating on Wii Virtual Console. The controls are SMOOTH, the difficulty is solid, and the humor is EVERYWHERE! Earthworm Jim has to battle absurd but STILL dangerous villains, such as Psy-Crow, Evil the Cat, Bob the Killer Goldfish, Major Mucus, Professor Monkey for a Head, and the evil Queen Slug for a Butt! All in order to rescue the beautiful Princess What's Her Name! This game is also currently available on the Game Boy Advance, and via Nintendo DSI download.

7. "Super Bonk" Super NES / Hudson Soft really prospered after they became a software only company. With Nintendo to help them, they were able to BOOST the image of their video games, and advertise them, and get the games out to consumers in a way that they just never could, on their own! After Hudson Soft's experiment with the Turbographx-16 ended, Hudson Soft went back to doing the one thing they did better than anything else, making great video games! And Bonk's outing on the Super N.E.S. is one of the best games to demonstrate Bonk's amazing platform capabilities. The graphics, music, control, and difficulty level are all completely amazing! Although the game is only five levels long, compared to the more numerous levels in Bonk's earlier games, the levels are significantly longer with more different, multiple routes to choose from, and more secrets and bonus' to discover! In addition to the head bonking, teeth climbing, tree swinging, heart collecting, and meat eating power-ups carried over from previous Bonk games, there are also new candy power-ups which give Bonk CRAZY new abilities. Red candies make Bonk shrink to fit into tiny spaces he couldn't fit into otherwise, the blue candy makes Bonk grow Super large, enabling him to defeat many enemies with ease. The road to stopping King Drool is filled with traps and obstacles, including with Bonk going into outer space and entering a comet! But with plenty of 1-ups and health-restoring items to find, it never feels overwhelming. The game is currently available to play on Wii Virtual Console.

6. "Mega Man VI" (What ELSE?!) NES / Coming out near the end of a video game system's life-cycle can be tough for a video game's chances of success. Being only 8-bit, most video game players had thought that 8-bit "Mega Man" had exhausted all its tricks and had nothing left new to show. But this game proved that 8-bit "Mega Man" wasn't going to go away quietly, and it was going to surprise people...one more TIME!!!! A mysterious person named Mr. X has organized the first ever Robot tournament for Robots of all builds and all kinds to fight each other to prove who is the most powerful Robot in the world! But the tournament is a trap; Mr. X captures all the Robots and plans to do away with Dr. Light unless Mega Man can find a way to stop him! The graphics are among the best the N.E.S. has to offer, the music is rocking, the challenge is incredible, and it all adds up to an experience that's not just a great "Mega Man" video game, it's a great video game period! With unique bosses such as Centaur Man, Flame Man, Wind Man, Blizzard Man, Knight Man, Yamato Man, Plant Man, and Tomahawk Man, there are many different ways to play through the game and win it! But is Mr. X REALLY who he claims to be? (Spoiler alert: He isn't!) Just play the game and find out if Mega Man can prevail in his last original outing for the original N.E.S. video game system, that is also now available on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console! I did, and I highly enjoyed playing it, beating it, and enjoying everything the game had to offer! I would highly recommend this game to players looking for a fun, challenging, "Mega Man" retro game blast!

5. "Toejam and Earl: Panic On Funkotron" Genesis / Sega really seems to be on top of their game in 1994, the Genesis has nine FULL games available on this list, which is a considerable step up from years past! Although this game SHOULD have been listed for 1993, I don't think this game would have ranked as high if I included it for THAT year, just because the field was already so CROWDED for 1993. Although a lot of people will prop up the original as being superior, I actually like the sequel better, because I actually managed to beat this one! The difficulty level wasn't as severe, the controls were a lot easier to handle and master, the graphic design system was a lot more artistic and varied, and there was much more variety in terms of music and sound! The story is simple enough, after Toejam and Earl return to their home planet of Funkotron, they found out that a bunch of Earthlings stow away on their ship! So it is now their duty to capture all the Earthlings into jars (you just got to love the off-beat humor) and bring the funk back to Funkotron by bringing the Funkopotamus back out of hiding! Even though there are many things that are collectible and many different types of challenges in terms of the different types of Earthlings needed to be caught, the difficulty is never overwhelming and the puzzle level difficulty goes up quite gradually. I highly enjoyed it, and I recommend it to players looking for a funky experience! The video game is currently available on Wii Virtual Console.

4. "Sonic and Knuckles" Genesis / The lock-on cartridge, is actually the second part of "Sonic the Hedgehog 3." When the former game is connected with this game, it allows for a full, play-through experience! The action is fast-paced, fun, and frantic, with three different ways to play the game, either with Tails, Knuckles the Echidna, and Sonic the Hedgehog with Tails, the areas you can access, the power-ups you collect, and the secrets you find differ based on which character choice you picked. Any way the game is sliced, the enjoyment will last a long time for anybody who enjoys playing old-school the "Sonic the Hedgehog" way! I enjoyed "Sonic and Knuckles," and I highly recommend it for fans of the 16 bit generation of video games! The video game is currently available on Wii Virtual Console.

3. "Sonic the Hedgehog 3" (What ELSE?!) Genesis / While I was growing up, I latched into the Nintendo camp of the 16 bit wars, because Nintendo had more strong series to back up their hardware, and more good games overall that I could appreciate. And although I was proud to be on Team Super NES, I wondered how it could be that I could enjoy a game that was on Team Sega Genesis. Fast-forward more than 15 years after the fact that this game (and "Sonic & Knuckles") were released, and I find out something extraordinary was the key reason that I secretly enjoyed this game so much: the now late, great Michael Jackson composed music for it! I SO didn't expect that! It's no wonder "Sonic the Hedgehog" often makes King of Pop portrayals in his cartoon series, comic books, and frequent fan-fiction artworks! But I digress! So now that I know all of the reasons why I enjoyed this game, I can confidently review this game, and state that the graphics were absolutely amazing not just by Sega Genesis standards, but by 16 bit standards in general! The enemies, bosses, special bonus level designs, and the rivalry between Sonic and Knuckles make for an intriguing game! And the game "Sonic & Knuckles" made good use of lock-on technology! So the game called "Sonic 3 & Knuckles" makes the game twice as long, twice as hard, but also twice as rewarding to beat! Plus, it is SO cool to transform into Super Tails, Hyper Knuckles, and/or Hyper Sonic! I highly enjoyed this game and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for the best video game experience on the Sega Genesis! This video game is currently available on Wii Virtual Console.

2. "Super Metroid" Super NES / The third game in the "Metroid" video game series, and also the BEST; is this sprawling epic masterpiece that came out during the prime of the SNES! If "Metroid I" was ambitious and "Metroid II" daring, than "Super Metroid" took the concepts established in both, and expanded them more than DOUBLE combined! Ridley is back to cause trouble, as it has stolen the last Metroid Egg (that Samus previously saved in "Metroid II") and has taken it to the Metroid home planet of Zebes, in an EVIL scheme to re-populate the Metroid alien race and conquer the cosmos! Not only is the game bigger, the graphics better, and the sound music appropriately moody enough for a game of this nature, Samus learns more new tricks and travels to new types of areas that she never traveled through in the first two games. What makes this game an improvement over its predecessors is the inclusion of an in-game map that can be accessed at any time! The map lets Samus see where she has been and an idea of where she can go, but it has to be filled IN as the game goes along, giving Samus and players incentive to explore EVERYWHERE! One of the biggest incentives of this game is the concept of the speed run. The faster the game is beaten, the better the final ending is. How fast CAN the game be beaten?! Find out for yourself! This video game is currently available via Wii Virtual Console.

1. "Final Fantasy III" Super NES / This is the pinnacle of 2-D RPG strategy action games! There are enough monsters, bosses, espers, magical spells, weapons, armor, and other types of items in this game that would fill in three regular RPG games made by other companies! But the geniuses at Squaresoft managed to fit it in one game! And what a game it is! This game is challenging and thoroughly exciting as there are several characters to choose from and level up their different skills. (Note: This review will be using the default names used for the characters.) Terra is a mysterious young woman with an enigmatic past. A past that is riddled with being used by an evil Imperial Empire as a magical slave and finding the location of hidden espers. Locke is a gifted treasure hunter (or as others might call him, a thief) with a heart of gold who's had his share of heartbreaks but has his heart in the right place in helping to fight against the evil Empire! Edgar is the King of his Figaro Castle, a notorious ladies man and an expert at handling the latest and greatest technological machines. Sabin is Edgar's younger brother, a martial artist gifted in the Blitz Techniques. Celes is an attractive lady who has betrayed the Empire and joined the side of good, and she also knows how to use magic and can use her Runic technique to safely absorb magic. Shadow is a ninja riddled with a past that nobody knows about, and an allegiance to nobody, but with Interceptor the Wonder Dog, fights sometimes end very quickly, so Shadow is very useful! Cyan is a Knight of Doma Castle, with a vengenance against the Empire after all the other citizens of Doma Castle are poisoned. Gau is a wild boy living in the Veldt. He can learn any technique from any villain that he encounters. Setzer is a gambler with his own airship, and with his luck at the slots, he can turn the tables on any attackers. Mog is a moogle dancer whose various dances have different, random attacks and effects. Strago is a wise, old Mage user of blue magic, and just by experiencing enemy magic once, he learns it and can use it from then on out! Relm is a young artist who can paint other monsters and use their own attacks against them. Umaro is an abominable snowman who can't be controlled, but he attacks fast and strong, to strike against attacking opponents! And the very useful Gogo, who can mimic any move his allies make, including esper moves without any magical cost to himself. These warriors will all need to team up together to try to bring down the Empire, until faced with a bigger threat. The threat of Kefka! A general of the Empire and a deranged madman with a bad attitude! His only goal in life is to seek out and gain more power, at any cost! He doesn't care who he has to hurt or what he has to kill in order to get more power. And he does a lot of evil things against innocent civilians just to satisfy his insatiable cravings and lust. Different bosses and different enemies have different weaknesses and they all need to be exploited in order to save not just the day, but the entire world as well! What's incredible about this game is that even when the world's landscape is altered and changed to fit Kefka's needs, the game STILL isn't over, it's only halfway done! Plus, with many different Espers to find, there are many different spells to learn, and many different ways to learn them, so no gaming experience is ever exactly the same twice! One things for sure, this game is definitely worth a playing experience, to understand how truly great and how truly engrossing a video game experience can be. This video game is also worth playing on the Game Boy Advance, under it's ORIGINAL name; as "Final Fantasy VI Advance." Otherwise, it is currently available on Wii U Virtual Console. /

That's it for my revised 1994 list! I need to look through the games I've played on the Switch already, to see if there is another revised list I need to do, or whether 2018 should be the next list I do. Until that time comes, enough said, true believers!

Well, I was right. There was another year that needed to be revised. The year was 2008! Last time I did that year, there were only eight games that I had played from that year. This time, there are twelve! Since I won't bore you with any additional details, I'll just list where those new games are listed, and which system/s they were released for! Read on, and find out! /

12. "Sonic Chronicles: the Dark Brotherhood" Rated E10, Nintendo DS / When most people think of Sonic, they DON'T think of him as an R.P.G. star, unlike Mario, who IS thought of as one. However, Sonic HAS ventured into this realm at least once, with this great game that Sega made with the help of Bioware! During the course of this game, it is possible to play as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Rouge, Big the Cat, Shadow, Dr. Eggman, E-120 Omega, and Shade the Echidna. The game itself isn't overly long like many other R.P.G. adventures, but it's still challenging and has a good story. The graphics, music effects, and sound effects are all good (although it DOES honestly puzzle me as to WHY the whole game has to be played with a stylus; that's ONE of the reasons why I have NEVER played any of the Nintendo DS "Link" games!) In any case, Sonic's goal this time is to stop an evil clan of Echidna's from another dimension, from trying to conquer Earth/Mobius! Although this is a really great adventure, it has the dubious distinction of ending on a CLIFFHANGER! The plan that Sega had, was that they were going to release ANOTHER "Sonic" game to continue ON with the adventures of this first game, but due to PRESSURE from rabid, STUBBORN Sonic fans who REFUSED to take "NO" for an answer, such a sequel has YET to see the light of day. Still, if you want to play with Sonic in an R.P.G. adventure, this is DEFINITELY the way to do it, as it is completely playable on the Nintendo 3DS!

11. "Boom Blox!" Rated E, Wii.

10. "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" Rated E, DS, Wii.

9. "Donkey Kong Jungle Beat: New Play Control Edition" Rated E10, Wii.

8. "Kirby Super Star Ultra" Rated E, Nintendo DS / Of the seven video games featured this year, three of them are re-makes of already existing video games. Thankfully, this one, and the two others that follow, all contain beefed up graphics, music, sound, game controls, and difficulty over the original! Not only that, but this game contains brand-new animated cut scenes, as well as some brand new mini-games that are EXCLUSIVE to this version of the hit video game! So if you missed out on it the first time, it's DEFINITELY checking it out THIS time!

7. "Wario Land: Shake It!" Rated E10, Wii / What Mario did for the Nintendo DS in 2006, Wario did for the Nintendo Wii in 2008. That is, he brought 2-D side-scrolling games BACK into the main-stream! What's AMAZING about this game, is that it actually LOOKS like you are watching AND controlling an animated cartoon character...in LUXURIANT graphics, that few other video games have reached! Wario takes a journey into the Shake Dimension, in order to free the Merfles and their Queen from the evil Shake King! Of course, Wario isn't doing this for altruistic reasons, he wants to collect ALL the treasures located within this world; especially the legendary bottomless coin shake, that NEVER runs out of coins no matter HOW much you shake it! As the name implies, a good portion of this game revolves around shaking the Wii remote, in order to get coins out of their coin sacks, you can shake rare GOLDEN enemies and collect THEIR coins, and you shake the prisons the Merfles are held in, so you can free them. In addition to the primary goal of freeing the Merfles, you are also encouraged to complete secondary goals; such as finding the three treasure chests hidden through-out each stage, or beating the various objectives set by each stage. Some are easy; after you free a Merfle, you must return to the beginning of the stage in a set amount of time; or they can be as hard as NOT taking damage in the ENTIRE stage! This game is relatively easy to learn, but a whole lot HARDER to master! It will definitely keep you busy for at least a few weeks, so I highly recommend trying it if you haven't already!

6. "Drawn To Life: Spongebob Squarepants Edition" Rated E, Nintendo DS.

5."Chrono Trigger" Rated E, Nintendo DS / In 1995, it was pretty special when Squaresoft and Enix, THEN two separate companies, teamed up to produce one of the greatest video games of the 1990's, "Chrono Trigger." In 2003, Squaresoft and Enix joined forces PERMANENTLY by merging into Square Enix! Five years later, they re-released one of the greatest video games they had ever worked on; this one! Not only does it have beefed up graphics, music, sound, and game controls from the original, it now has all new anime cut-scenes that it didn't have before, to help tell the story! There is also an interesting new monster raising experience. You can raise, customize, and have a wireless battle as a unique monster against other player's unique monsters! In addition to the unique time-traveling hook, the same great characters, the same great challenging enemies, and all of the different multiple endings in this game; there is also one brand NEW ending exclusive to the Nintendo DS version of this game! Can you find all the different endings of this game? It's quite a challenge, but a fun one!

4. "Final Fantasy IV" (What ELSE?!) Rated E10, Nintendo DS / Although this game is already available in two different forms, on the Super NES and the Game Boy Advance, the Nintendo DS version may be the DEFINITIVE version when it comes to how "Final Fantasy IV" is presented. The graphics are INCREDIBLE!!!! They are SO stunning, they even reach PS3 LEVELS at some points!!!! If that's not an impressive hat trick, I don't know what is!!!! While the core majority of the game remains the same, there are some key changes as to how the game is played. For instance, anyone expecting to take down bosses in the EXACT same way they took them down on the Super NES and the Game Boy Advance, will find themselves in for a WORLD of hurt, as many of the bosses now have DIFFERENT weaknesses, and new strengths that they will exploit against you! Thankfully, all of the playable characters in this game now have new STRENGTHS as well. None of the characters that are playable will have ANY useless qualities; even Edward and Porom are no longer USELESS, as their formally useless Song and Cry have been replaced and upgraded respectively. Song is now Bard Song, and has far more and BETTER uses than the original Song, while Cry now reduces monsters' defense and special defense, instead of making it easier to run away. The best part about this game is that before you become unable to use a certain character anymore, you can transfer their unique ability to one of the more permanent members of your party! Be sure to choose carefully though, because you can only transfer the unique ability once, and only to ONE character! In addition to the stellar graphics, great music, great sound, great controls, and great difficulty level, this is one solid game that is a prime example on how great the Nintendo DS was, and how some games are still enjoyable today!

3. "Sonic Unleashed" Rated E10, Wii / In 2006, the popularity of Sega and Sonic took a MAJOR hit when both the Playstation 3 and the X-Box 360, in an attempt to TRY to put Nintendo out of business ONCE and for ALL, had the BRILLIANT idea to convince Sega to dish out a hit AGAINST Nintendo, by re-booting Sonic the Hedgehog in 2006. As it turns out...WORST IDEA EVER!!!! Camera controls? TERRIBLE!!!! Choice of music and sound effects? TERRIBLE!!!! Level design? TERRIBLE!!!! Challenge DIFFICULTY? TERRIBLE!!!! And a story FEATURING the most POINTLESS character EVER created (and I'm INCLUDING Big the Cat in that statement); Silver the Hedgehog, and a LOVE interest between a human girl that Sega REFUSED to include in the ORIGINAL 1991 "Sonic the Hedgehog" game?! AWFUL, TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, WORST GAME EVER (and I'm INCLUDING the 1982 "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" in that statement!) Honestly, I haven't SEEN a score THAT negative since the last time "Celebrity Jeopardy" was on!!!! If Sony and Microsoft thought that re-booting Sonic the Hedgehog was going to 'SOLVE' their Nintendo problem once and for all, Nintendo had the LAST laugh when they rose like a phoenix with the Nintendo Wii in 2006, and made games that not only would make people WANT to play them, but games that people would ENJOY playing them! The Playstation 3 and X-Box 360, for all their talk about high definition graphics, couldn't come up with a SINGLE game that could even SCRATCH the popularity of the Nintendo Wii! And helping to LEAD the charge with Nintendo? Ironically, Sega! They felt SO burned by how BADLY butchered Sony and Microsoft made "Sonic 06," they decided to help Nintendo fire some shots BACK in order to show them how a REAL Sonic game was made! While "Sonic Unleashed" isn't strictly CONVENTIONAL Sonic by any means, that's actually what I LIKE about it! Sega actually LET Sonic take a chance to do something different (like Mario gets to do so often) by giving Sonic the ability to transform into a Werehog! Personally, I LIKE the Werehog combat stages! It feels like such a HUGE breath of fresh air into the "Sonic" series, especially at a time when they needed it the most! The music was awesome, the challenge difficulty curve is perfect, the graphics are the BEST that I have seen available on the Wii (which should give you a clue as to how MANY Wii games I have actually played), there are a lot of cool secrets to find, the story is rocking, and it all boils down to a final fight against the REAL big bad of the game, DARK Gaia (and confidentially, he is about the BUTT-UGLIEST boss I've EVER fought, and I'm including the G.M.P. from "Conker's Bad Fur Day" in that statement!) Personally, I think it's sad that 'die-hard fans of Sega and Sonic will probably ensure THIS type of game NEVER happens again, but I personally salute it for Sega's bravery to try something new with the Blue blur!

2. "Dragon Ball Origins" Rated T, Nintendo DS / Believe it or not, the Nintendo DS was NOT the first choice for Nintendo to release a "Dragonball" based game on. That honor falls to the NES. As early as 1986, Nintendo SOMEHOW managed to get a "Dragonball" game over to the states on the NES! Unfortunately, the game was re-branded as "Dragon Master", HEAVILY Americanized, and almost EDITED to the point where nothing of what made "Dragonball" unique and interesting even MADE it to the states! Nintendo tried again in 1991 AND 1999, on the Super NES and the Game Boy Color respectively, but those versions never made it out of Japan! Nintendo finally succeeded in 2005, with a game on the Game Boy Advance! But while the graphics were good, the Japanese to English translation was WAY off; making that game's story a mess to understand and enjoy. Ironically, in 2008, Atari was ABLE to do what Nintendo had such difficulty in trying to pull off, release a SUCCESSFUL "Dragonball" game! This game successfully covers the "Dragonball" story, from the beginning of the Emperor Pilaf Saga, to the end of the Master Roshi World Tournament Saga, and even throws in a few surprises for fans of the Anime and the Manga! This game has GREAT graphics, great music, great sound, great controls, a great story (written by Japanese great Akira Toriyama and DESIGNED by him as well), and a great difficulty learning curve as well. By taking the time to explore each area and vanquishing each foe, the game never feels too overwhelming, and it has all the humor one would expect from the great "Dragonball" cartoon series. If you have ever wanted to enjoy playing the story of "Dragonball" on the go, this Nintendo DS game is the best way to do it!

1. "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" Rated T, Wii / Awesome, Awesome, Awesome...did I mention this game is AWESOME?!!! :D Featuring some of the best known Nintendo video game stars (as well as a couple of guest stars) this game is 9,000 kinds of awesome! (Vegeta: "It's OVER 9,000!!!!) Sorry, I couldn't resist throwing in that "Dragonball Z" reference in there! It took me two years of owning and playing this game, before I reviewed it for the first time; because that is when I had played and achieved just about most of what I've wanted to get out of this game. The music, soundtrack, graphics, control, and difficulty curve is completely perfect, even if the tendency to trip and some of the characters aren't all that impressive, but those things are just a minor gripe. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Pit, Marth, Ike, Captain Falcon, Wario, Pikachu, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Olimar, R.O.B., the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, Lucas, Pokemon Trainer with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard, and the special guest stars Snake and Sonic, this is one video game with many different types of fights and challenges to keep you busy for many hours to come. And if it was not enough to have just the original "Smash Bros." type of play, or the All Star Version of play, the Adventure Mode has been completely revamped with original bosses and many great levels of play, new enemies, and challenging obstacles to get past in this awesome way to play. And this game wouldn't be complete without a bunch of trophies and stickers to collect! This game will keep players busy for a long time, and I highly recommend it to players looking for what might be the best experience of the Nintendo Wii by a LONG shot! /

That's it for my revised 2008 list! Stay tuned next time, for my brand new 2018 list! I'm not sure when it will come out, but rest easy, and know that it will come out as soon as it possibly can! Enough said, true believers!

It's been way, way, way, WAY too long since I last posted here; but at long last, here is a brand new list of the best video games released in 2018! Please note that this list only refers to games I have actually tried playing, with an exclamation mark by the system meaning I've beaten that version. Otherwise, if you don't see a game that you think should be on this list, that's probably the reason why. For more comprehensive details, please go to Gamespot and read my reviews for some of these games. /

52. "Arcade Archives: Heroic Episode" Switch Download Game, Rated E.
51. "Arcade Archives: Express Raider" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.
50. "Cloud Master" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.
49. "Superola And The Lost Burgers" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.
48. "Kamiko" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.
47. "Joe & Mac Returns" Switch Download Game!, Rated T.
46. "Croc World Run" Switch Download Game, Rated E.
45. "Aero Fighters 2" Switch Download Game, Rated T.
44. "Undertale" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.
43. "Namco Museum" Switch, Rated T.
42. "Axiom Verge" Switch Download Game, Rated E10.
41. "Arcade Archives: Moon Patrol" Switch Download Game!, Rated E.
40. "Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion!" Switch, Rated E10.
39. "Super Bomberman R" Switch, Rated E10.
38. "ACA Neo Geo: Robo Army" Switch Download Game!, Rated E10.
37. "ACA Neo Geo: Combat Ninja" Switch Download Game!, Rated E10.
36. "ACA Neo Geo: Blue's Journey" Switch Download Game!, Rated E.
35. "ACA Neo Geo: Ghost Pilots" Switch Download Game!, Rated E10.
34. "ACA Neo Geo: Magician Lord" Switch Download Game!, Rated E.
33. "ACA Neo Geo: Shock Troopers 2nd Squad" Switch Download Game!, Rated T.
32. "ACA Neo Geo: Ninja Commando" Switch Download Game!, Rated E10.
31. "Puyo Puyo Tetris" Switch Rated E10.
30. "Abarenbo Tengu & Zombie Nation" Switch Download Game!, Rated E10.
29. "ACA Neo Geo: Mutation Nation" Switch Download Game!, Rated E10.
28. "ACA Neo Geo: 1945 Plus" Switch Download Game!, Rated E10.
27. "ACA Neo Geo: Zupapa!" Switch Download Game!, Rated E.
26. "ACA Neo Geo: Top Hunter Roddy & Cathy" Switch Download Game!, Rated E10.
25. "Arcade Archives: Super Burgertime" Switch Download Game!, Rated E.
24. "Pac-Man And Friends Classics Collection" Switch, Rated E.
23. "Jack & Jill DX" Switch Download Game!, Rated E.
22. "ACA Neo Geo: Cyber-Lip" Switch Download Game!, Rated E10.
21. "Boost Beast" Switch Download Game, Rated E.
20. "ACA Neo Geo: Spin Master" Switch Download Game!, Rated E.
19. "ACA Neo Geo: Burning Fight" Switch Download Game!, Rated E10.
18. "ACA Neo Geo: SenGoku" Switch Download Game!, Rated E10.
17. "Arcade Archives: VS. Super Mario Bros." Switch Download Game!, Rated E.
16. "ACA Neo Geo: King Of Monsters" Switch Download Game!, Rated E10.
15. "ACA Neo Geo: Puzzle Bobble" Switch Download Game!, Rated E.
14. "Oceanhorn: Monster Of Uncharted Seas" Switch Download Game!, Rated E10.
13. "Sega Ages: Sonic The Hedgehog" Switch Download Game!, Rated E.
12. "ACA Neo Geo: Aero Fighters 3" Switch Download Game!, Rated T.
11. "ACA Neo Geo: Shock Troopers" Switch Download Game!, Rated T.
10. "ACA Neo Geo: Metal Slug X" (What Else?!) Switch Download Game!, Rated T.
9. "Hammerwatch" Switch Download Game!, Rated T.
8. "ACA Neo Geo: Metal Slug 3" Switch Download Game!, Rated T.
7. "Croc World 3" Switch Download Game!, Rated E.
6. "Cat Quest" Switch Download Game!, Rated E.
5. "ACA Neo Geo: Metal Slug 2" Switch Download Game!, Rated T.
4. "ACA Neo Geo: Metal Slug 4" (What Else?!) Switch Download Game!, Rated T.
3. "Sonic Mania" Switch!, Rated E.
2. "Steamworld Dig 2" (What Else?!) 3DS! and Switch Download Game!, Rated E.
1. "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate" Switch!, Rated E10. /

I've got some lists from the past that need revising, due to accidental mistakes on my part; so expect to start seeing them here soon sometime in the near future. Enough said, true believers!

Even though I've already put some revised lists of mine on my own personal topic, I need to put them down here for two reasons. A. While I was busy doing research (long story) I found out that some games weren't released when I thought they were, so I needed to correct their placements. And B. I've played some new games since I last posted. To spare you the boring details, I'll just list the game lists, and you can look up on Gamespot and find some reviews for those games from me if you want more details. This will collect the revised lists from 1985-1989 on this post! /

1985:
Worst Game: "Terra Cresta", Arcade, and apparently NES.
15. "Wrecking Crew" Arcade and NES.
14. "Excitebike" NES.
13. "Ikki" (Japan Only), Arcade.
12. "Devil World" (Japan Only, Europe 1987) NES.
11. "Pinball" NES!, and apparently Arcade.
10. "Mario Bros." Arcade and NES!.
9. "Traverse USA" Arcade.
8. "Ninja Kid" Arcade, and NES.
7. "Ghosts N' Goblins" NES!.
6. "Galaga" Arcade and NES!.
5. "Dig Dug" (Japan Only) NES!.
4. "Duck Hunt" NES.
3. "Gradius" Arcade and NES!.
2. "Ice Climber" NES!.
1. "Super Mario Bros." NES!.

1986:
Worst Game: "Kid Niki: Radical Ninja", Arcade, and apparently NES.
17. "Heroic Episode" Arcade (Japan Only).
16. "Rolling Thunder" Arcade, and apparently NES.
15. "Dragon Quest" NES (Initially released in North America as "Dragon Warrior" due to legal reasons at the time).
14. "Bubble Bobble" Arcade, and NES.
13. "Renegade" Arcade, Commodore 64, and NES.
12. "Wild Gunman" NES.
11. "Fantasy Zone" Sega Master System.
10. "Outrun" Arcade and Sega Master System.
9. "Donkey Kong" Arcade!, NES.
8. "The Mysterious Murasame Castle" NES! (Japan Only).
7. "Boulder Dash" Commodore 64.
6. "TwinBee" NES! (Japan Only).
5. "Balloon Fight" NES!
4. "Mighty Bomb Jack" NES!, and apparently Arcade.
3. "Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels" NES! (Japan Only).
2. "Donkey Kong Jr." Arcade, Game & Watch, NES!.
1. "The Legend of Zelda" NES!. /

1987:
Worst Game: "Spelunker", NES.
22. "Express Raider" Arcade and Commodore 64.
21. "R.C. Pro-A.M." NES.
20. "Kid Icarus" NES.
19. "Bionic Commando" NES, and apparently Arcade.
18. "Wheel Of Fortune" NES!.
17. "Mike Tyson's Punch-Out" NES.
16. "Street Fighter" Arcade, and eventually Turbographx-16 as "Fighting Street".
15. "Adventure Island" NES.
14. "City Connection" Arcade and NES!.
13. "R-Type" Arcade.
12. "Pac-Mania" Arcade!, Commodore 64, NES, and Amiga.
11. "Paperboy" NES.
10. "Solomon's Key" NES!, and apparently Arcade.
9. "1943: Battle Of Midway" Arcade!, NES, and Amiga.
8. "Bad Dudes" Arcade!, and eventually NES.
7. "RoadBlasters" NES.
6. "Marble Madness" NES!, and eventually Game Boy.
5. "Contra" NES!.
4. "Mega Man" NES!.
3. "Double Dragon" Arcade and NES!.
2. "Metroid" NES!.
1. "Final Fantasy" NES (Japan only, Worldwide 1990).

1988:
16. "Cloud Master" Arcades, Sega Master System, apparently NES, and eventually Turbographx-16.
15. "Castlevania II: Simon's Quest" NES.
14. "Bubble Bobble II" Arcades and NES.
13. "Fantasy Zone II" Sega Master System.
12. "Galaga 88" Arcades, Amiga, and eventually Turbographx-16.
11. "Space Harrier 3-D" Sega Master System!.
10. "Ice Hockey" NES!.
9. "Kung Fu Heroes" NES!.
8. "Xevious" Arcades and NES!.
7. "Star Soldier" NES!.
6. "Final Fantasy II" NES (Japan Only).
5. "Mickey Mousecapade" NES.
4. "Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link" NES!.
3. "Metal Gear" NES!.
2. "Dragon Quest II: Legends Of The Luminary Line" (Initially released in North America as "Dragon Warrior II" due to legal reasons at the time). NES.
1. "Super Mario Bros. 2" NES!.

1989:
Worst Game Of 1989: "Ghouls N' Ghosts" Arcades and Sega Genesis.
22. "Space Harrier II" Arcades and Sega Genesis!.
21. "Castlevania: The Adventure" Game Boy.
20. "Lock N' Chase" Arcades and Game Boy!.
19. "Bomberman" NES.
18. "Adventures Of Lolo" NES.
17. "Yo Noid!" NES and Game Boy.
16. "Tetris" NES and Game Boy.
15. "Fantasy World Dizzy" Amiga.
14. "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" NES!.
13. "Dig Dug II: Trouble In Paradise" NES!.
12. "Super Mario Land" Game Boy!.
11. "Altered Beast" Arcades and Genesis!.
10. "Strider" NES, and eventually Genesis!.
9. "Sly Spy" Arcades! and Turbographx-16.
8. "Adventure Island" (Game Boy Version) Game Boy!.
7. "MappyLand" NES!.
6. "Golden Axe" Arcades and Genesis!.
5. "Ninja Gaiden" NES!.
4. "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game" Arcade!, and eventually NES.
3. "Ducktales" NES and Game Boy!.
2. "Mega Man II" NES!.
1. "Double Dragon II: The Revenge" NES!. /

That's it for the 1980's! Stay tuned next time for when I begin tackling the 1990's, with 1990-1992! Enough said, true believers!

As promised, here are my revised video game lists from 1990-1992; if I covered anymore, the post would be TOO long and BORE people to tears, and I'm not about to have that! If you need to know more, you can go onto Gamespot and read some of my many reviews for many of these games. In any case, I hope you enjoy it! /

1990: (* Indicates the Presence of a Special Chip that allows the cartridge to play a 12 bit game!)
Worst Game Of 1990: "Sword Of Vermillion" Sega Genesis.
31. "Double Dragon III: The Rosetta Stone" NES.
30. "Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight" NES.
29. "Crystalis" NES.
28. "The Super Spy" Arcades and eventually Neo Geo.
27. "Revenge Of Shinobi" Genesis.
26. "Nam-1975" Arcades and eventually Neo Geo.
25. "Maniac Mansion" NES.
24. "Snow Bros." NES, Game Boy, and Genesis.
23. "Smash T.V." NES and Game Boy.
22. "Snake, Rattle And Roll" NES.
21. "Dragon Quest III: Seeds of Salvation" (initially released in North America as "Dragon Warrior III" due to legal reasons at the time) NES*, and Super NES (Japan Only).
20. "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall Of The Foot Clan" Game Boy!.
19. "Shadow Of The Ninja" NES*!.
18. "Cyber-Lip" Arcades! and eventually Neo Geo.
17. "Alien Storm" Arcades, Amiga, and Genesis!.
16. "The Little Mermaid" NES and Game Boy.
15. "Gargoyle's Quest" Game Boy!.
14. "Chip N' Dale: Rescue Rangers" NES.
13. "River City Ransom" NES!.
12. "Cratermaze" Turbographx-16!.
11. "Two Crude" Arcades! and Genesis.
10. "Zero Wing" Arcades and Genesis!.
9. "Super Burgertime" Arcades! and Turbographx-16.
8. "Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword Of Chaos" NES*!.
7. "Little Nemo: The Dream Master" NES*!.
6. "Dr. Mario" NES! and Game Boy.
5. "Super C" NES*!.
4. "Earthbound Beginnings" NES*! (Japan Only).
3. "Mega Man III" NES!.
2. "Bonk's Adventure" Turbographx-16!, and eventually NES* and Game Boy.
1. "Super Mario Bros. 3" NES*!.

1991:
Worst Game of 1991: "PilotWings" Super NES.
46. "Final Fight" Arcades, Genesis, Game Gear, and Super NES.
45. "Final Fantasy Legend II" Game Boy.
44. "Thrash Rally" Arcades and Neo Geo.
43. "F-Zero" Super NES!.
42. "Battletoads" NES* and Game Boy.
41. "Blaster Master" NES*.
30. "MUSHA: Metallic Uniframe Super Hybrid Armor" Genesis!.
39. "Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge" Game Boy.
38. "Combat Ninja" Arcades! and Neo Geo.
37. "Streets Of Rage" Arcades and Genesis!.
36. "Ghost Pilots" Arcades! and Neo Geo.
35. "Blue's Journey" Arcades! and Neo Geo.
34. "Robo Army" Arcades! and Neo Geo.
33. "Final Fantasy II" Super NES.
32. "Magician Lord" Arcades! and Neo Geo.
31. "Journey To Silius" NES!.
30. "Burning Fight" Arcades! and Neo Geo.
29. "Yoshi" NES and Game Boy.
28. "Flicky" Arcades and Genesis!.
27. "Zombie Nation" NES*!
26. "Golden Axe II" Genesis!.
25. "S.C.A.T.: Special Cybernetic Attack Team" NES*!.
24. "Alpha Mission II" Arcades! and Neo Geo.
23. "Vice: Project Doom" NES*!.
22. "Super R-Type" Super NES.
22. "Super Ghouls N' Ghosts" Super NES!.
21. "Sengoku" Arcades! and Neo Geo.
20. "Burgertime Deluxe" Game Boy!.
19. "Lagoon" Super NES.
18. "The Simpsons" (Arcade Game) Arcades!.
17. "King Of The Monsters" Turbographx-16, Arcades!, Neo Geo, and Super NES.
16. "StarTropics" NES*!.
15. "Metroid II: Return Of Samus" Game Boy!.
14. "Toejam And Earl" Genesis!.
13. "U.N. Squadron" Super NES!, and apparently, Arcades, Amiga, and Commodore 64.
12. "Mega Man IV" NES*!.
11. "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From The Sewers" Game Boy!.
10. "Super Castlevania IV" Super NES!.
9. "Adventure Island II" NES*!, and eventually Game Boy.
8. "Columns" Game Gear!, Sega Master System, Genesis, and Turbographx-16.
7. "Joe And Mac" NES, Game Boy, Game Gear, Genesis, Arcades, Neo Geo, and Super NES!.
6. "Sonic The Hedgehog" (Game Gear Version) Game Gear! and Sega Master System.
5. "Super Smash T.V." Game Gear, Genesis, and Super NES!.
4. "Bonk's Revenge" Turbographx-16! and eventually Game Boy.
3. "Street Fighter II: The World Warrior" Arcades, and eventually Sega Master System, NES (unlicensed), Game Boy, Game Gear, Neo Geo, Super NES!, Amiga, and many other systems too numerous to MENTION!!!!
2. "Sonic The Hedgehog" (Genesis Version) Genesis!.
1. "Super Mario World" Super NES!.

1992:
Worst Game Of 1992: "Alisia Dragoon" Sega Genesis.
44. "Final Fantasy Legend III" Game Boy.
43. "Kid Chameleon" Sega Genesis.
42. "Darkwing Duck" NES and Game Boy.
41. "Final Fight Guy" Super NES.
40. "Lemmings" NES, Game Boy, Game Gear, Genesis, Turbographx-16, Amiga, Neo Geo, and SNES.
39. "Ren & Stimpy: Fire Dogs" Super NES.
38. "Felix The Cat" NES*.
37. "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: "The Hyperstone Heist" Genesis.
36. "Street Fighter II: Championship Edition" Arcades!, Turbographx-16 (Japan Only), and eventually Sega Genesis as "Street Fighter II: Special Championship Edition".
35."Super Star Wars" Super NES.
34. "Rocket Knight Adventures" Super NES and Genesis.
33. "Kirby's Dream Land" Game Boy!.
32. "Adventure Island 3" NES*!.
31. "Ninja Commando" Neo Geo and Arcades!.
30. "Mega Man II" Game Boy.
29. "Syd Of Valis" Genesis! (Japan and North America Only).
28. "Streets Of Rage 2" Arcades and Genesis!.
27. "Sonic Blast Man" Super NES!, and apparently Arcades.
26. "Rival Turf!" Super NES!.
25. "The Ren and Stimpy Show: Space Cadet Adventures" Game Boy.
24. "Mutation Nation" Neo Geo and Arcades!
23. "Krusty's Super Fun House" NES, Game Boy, Game Gear, Genesis, and Super NES.
22. "Road Runner's Death Valley Rally" Super NES.
21. "Super Fantasy Zone" Genesis! (Japan and Europe Only).
20. "Psycho Dream" Super NES! (Japan Only).
19. "Earth Defense Force" Super NES! and apparently Arcades.
18. "Super Off-Road" Arcades, Super NES, and apparently NES, Game Boy, Amiga, Commodore 64, Game Gear, Lynx, Sega Master System, and Genesis.
17. "The Lost Vikings" Super NES.
16. "The Incredible Crash Dummies" Game Gear and eventually Sega Master System (Europe Only), NES, Amiga, Genesis, and Super NES!.
15. "Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Game Gear Version)" Sega Master System and Game Gear!.
14. "Spanky's Quest" Super NES! and Game Boy.
13. "Contra III: The Alien Wars" Super NES!.
12. "New Adventure Island" Turbographx-16!.
11. "Mario Paint" Super NES!.
10. "Sonic The Hedgehog 2" Genesis!.
9. "Hook" NES, Game Boy, Game Gear, Amiga, Commodore 64, Genesis, Super NES!, and eventually Sega CD.
8. "Super Mario Kart" Super NES!.
7. "Mickey Mouse's Magical Quest" Super NES.
6. "Mega Man V" NES*!.
5. "Dragon Quest V: Hand Of The Heavenly Bride" Super NES (Japan Only).
4. "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time" Super NES! and Arcades.
3. "Final Fantasy Mystic Quest" Super NES!.
2. "Super Mario Land II: Six Golden Coins" Game Boy!.
1. "The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past" Super NES!. /

I'm not exactly sure what my next list will be or when it will be ready, but when it is ready, I will post it here. Enough said, true believers!