• Advertisement

Best class in school you've ever had?

A companion to the "Worst class in school" topic. For me, the best class I've ever taken was probably my 9th grade English. He was pretty funny, and constantly made iCarly and SpongeBob references. The film class I'm taking this semester is pretty darn close, though. The teacher's pretty fun.

The cumulative years I took weight training in both middle and high school (especially high school, that combined with team sports really helped me out health-wise). Plus, the teacher was cool with me for a dude with a strict reputation. Even made me a rec leader which was something he only handed out to the more hardcore lifters, so that was pretty humbling. It was nice having pretty much a free gym membership.

Actual classes tho, US History in 10th grade and World History in 11th. Both covered plenty of interesting subjects that kept my attention throughout. Most everybody else may not have took the teacher (who taught both classes) seriously, let alone liked the guy, but he was always real cool with me. He was like the first teacher since my elementary years who actually seemed to give a genuine shit about me and actually thought I had a bright future ahead (even tho I fucked up in 10th grade by not doing the homework but doing well on tests). He was like my Mr. Turner.

I had an English teacher for American Lit in 11th grade and AP Lang in 12th grade who really made English fascinating for me to learn about. Newspaper was fun too because I got to work on it with my friends, our teacher was cool, and we did some fun activities too. 

As for college, I really liked my Media and Popular Culture class. It was a lot of fun but also pretty educational because it helped me analyze the culture I consumed beyond the surface level.

• Like 1

My AP Lang and AP World History teachers in HS were awesome and made the classes great. Honestly most of the teachers I had during my entire 4 years at High school were pretty great. 

I don't like most of my college classes they're all engineering courses and they suck, except for this media effects class I'm taking right now and a History in the 1960s class I took last semester, they both were and are pretty chill. 

Edited by Space Cowboy